Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ivara Artemis Bow ability tweaking

Widur

Hello everyone,

i'd like to start a small discussion about one of Ivara's abilities, her Artemis Bow.

When the weapon changes started to roll out, starting with the non beam primary weapons, i was quite happy to see that DE decided to reduce the charge up time of every bow there is in the game. This was espacially much appreciated for Daikyu, which was almost unplayable without 2 firerate mods before the change. However, there is one bow in this game, that wasn't affected by these changes and that is Ivara's Artemis Bow ability. Without a firerate mod in the primary weapon, it is still incredibly slow to shoot arrows in horizontal mode. Since i prefer to use a primary that enhances Ivara's toolkit, i try to choose a weapon that does a different job than Ivara's 4 (like a Sniper Rifle, or an Assault Rifle). Most of the weapons that i think of are not really required to use a firerate mod (sometimes it actually decreases the weapons usability to use one), which means that if i want to mod the weapon to suit its stats, as well as Ivara's bow stats, i'm fairly limited.

If there are people who have had the same or similar experience(s) using Ivara's 4, please consider reducing Ivara's Artemis Bow charge up time in the same way you did with all other bows so that her bow doesn't feel like the only left bow in the game that is slow and clunky.

3 minutes ago, SupremeDutchGamer said:

thing is... if they increase the charge speed it kinda gets harder to do the vertical fire. a better option would be to have it function like the cernos prime.

Now there's an idea. Reduce the charge rate and make vertical/horizontal swap with alt fire. Perfect solution

That would not work, since the switch button (like middle mouse click or whatever you use as alternative fire button) is already dedicated for using her selected 1 arrow instantly. And honestly, her artemis bow is so utterly slow without firerate mods, that reducing the charge up time wouldn't be a problem for using the vertical shot. The vertical shot is instant anyways so you should always be able to use it just by shooting her bow like any other weapon.

3 minutes ago, Widur said:

That would not work, since the switch button (like middle mouse click or whatever you use as alternative fire button) is already dedicated for using her selected 1 arrow instantly. And honestly, her artemis bow is so utterly slow without firerate mods, that reducing the charge up time wouldn't be a problem for using the vertical shot. The vertical shot is instant anyways so you should always be able to use it just by shooting her bow like any other weapon.

oh true... didnt think of that.

Her 4 has the same charge up time as an unmodded Daikyu, meaning 1 second. On the other side, Cernos prime, a bow that shoots very similar to her Artemis bow has a charge up time of 0.5 seconds...

2 hours ago, Widur said:

Hello everyone,

i'd like to start a small discussion about one of Ivara's abilities, her Artemis Bow.

When the weapon changes started to roll out, starting with the non beam primary weapons, i was quite happy to see that DE decided to reduce the charge up time of every bow there is in the game. This was espacially much appreciated for Daikyu, which was almost unplayable without 2 firerate mods before the change. However, there is one bow in this game, that wasn't affected by these changes and that is Ivara's Artemis Bow ability. Without a firerate mod in the primary weapon, it is still incredibly slow to shoot arrows in horizontal mode. Since i prefer to use a primary that enhances Ivara's toolkit, i try to choose a weapon that does a different job than Ivara's 4 (like a Sniper Rifle, or an Assault Rifle). Most of the weapons that i think of are not really required to use a firerate mod (sometimes it actually decreases the weapons usability to use one), which means that if i want to mod the weapon to suit its stats, as well as Ivara's bow stats, i'm fairly limited.

If there are people who have had the same or similar experience(s) using Ivara's 4, please consider reducing Ivara's Artemis Bow charge up time in the same way you did with all other bows so that her bow doesn't feel like the only left bow in the game that is slow and clunky.

You have to consider the Artemus bow as just a regular un-modded bow. I tried to research and it doesnt appear that there is a number associated with the charge rate of this bow which leads me to believe that its an internal function rather than a set rate. While we all know that there is charge time if you dont have fire rate mods on it appears that DE hasnt provided exactly what that charge rate is so there is likely no possibility that they will change it for the sake of the weapon changes.

My recommendation would be to use Vile Acceleration so you're not using two mod slots to increase the charge rate. Shy away from riven mods that increase charge rate if you want to use Artemus bow, it wont carry over. I use Vile acceleration in every primary weapon I use with her artemus bow and havent has any issues as far as damage is concerned. It might make it a bit tricky if you're trying a vertical shot but you get used to it over time. As far as damage is concerned, even with vile acceleration I still find myself doing most damage in a lot of cases unless if someone is using a rocket launcher or something as equally as powerful. Hope this helps

I don't want to be forced to put a mod in a weapon that doesn't really benefit from it. And yes, Artemis bow on its own is like an unmodded weapon, an unmodded bow in fact. And although it hasn't been mentioned somewhere, the base charge rate is indeed 1 second. Since all bows have had their charge duration reduced and Artemis bow can be considered an unmodded exalted weapon that happens to be a bow, it seems just natural to also apply this change to bows to this particular bow, otherwise it won't stay on par with other bows in this game. Since DE thought it was a good idea to reduce the charge time of all bows significantly, they obviously thought that they were too long to begin with and had to be changed. With this in mind, a similar change to Ivaras Artemis bow seems self-evident. I also happened to use Vile acceleration on my Primary for Ivara in the past, because it was just necessary to make the ability feel smooth to use. I just don't think you should be forced to put in a certain mod just to make the ability fun to use, when DE already recognized that a 1 second charge time on almost all bows has been too high....

42 minutes ago, Widur said:

I don't want to be forced to put a mod in a weapon that doesn't really benefit from it. And yes, Artemis bow on its own is like an unmodded weapon, an unmodded bow in fact. And although it hasn't been mentioned somewhere, the base charge rate is indeed 1 second. Since all bows have had their charge duration reduced and Artemis bow can be considered an unmodded exalted weapon that happens to be a bow, it seems just natural to also apply this change to bows to this particular bow, otherwise it won't stay on par with other bows in this game. Since DE thought it was a good idea to reduce the charge time of all bows significantly, they obviously thought that they were too long to begin with and had to be changed. With this in mind, a similar change to Ivaras Artemis bow seems self-evident. I also happened to use Vile acceleration on my Primary for Ivara in the past, because it was just necessary to make the ability feel smooth to use. I just don't think you should be forced to put in a certain mod just to make the ability fun to use, when DE already recognized that a 1 second charge time on almost all bows has been too high....

Im not saying that i fully disagree, just that i think it is doubtful DE will make the change. For instance, i dont think other exhaulted weapons were changed along with melee, and shogun, or secondaries. Could even be because DE is using the mentality that its a skill more than a weapon itself. Even though our exhaulted weapons have their own names and looks, its a utility of the frame itself.

Again, not saying I disagree, just thinking of what DE could be considering as to why these werent changed along with the weapons

I just assume they forgot it, since it wasn't on their agenda during the weapon changes. So this thread maybe help enhancing their awareness. They have a lot to do with all these changes and they're humans just like we are.