Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream 108 Overview

[DE]Taylor

I really would like to have these noggles but timezone and schedule does not line up.

Do i really need to just leave the PC on with the warframe channel open just to get these?

Take my plat and let us buy them.  But only available for 24hrs after a "Dev Stream or Prime Time"

As with most stuffs with lots of characters with power, it is possible to be turned into a fighting game.

Kuva endless concern as many of us will have... is that trolls will have the opportunity to turn every life support tower into kuva filter, making it tough for the team to get air. It is similar situation like now how trolls will go activate every life support tower even though the air level is over 90%

My opinion on the matters discussed in the DevStream, take them, leave them, ruminate on them, mock me for'em :P

Spider Mechs; They seem quite fun, so long as they're not 'spammed'. About as common as Bursas or maybe a bit more, but definitely not as 'spammed' as, say, Ospreys. The invisibility mode looks great; a gimmick to give us a bit of a challenge, but not breaking our fun during gameplay.

Melee Changes; Might I suggest a stats overhaul to some weapons that desperately need them (i.e. Daggers and Machetes?) to tide us over while you remake the Melee system. On the melee system; I like the way it is now, it is quite rewarding with some stances to use their alternate attacks (such as Final Harbinger shield-riding). If I could suggest, though, I'd say applying the Reload button to be used for changing combo, much like how Dynasty Warriors had 'normal attack' and 'enhanced attack'. Also, if you want us to use Charge Attacks, give us a reason for it; currently, Charge Attacks provide absolutely nothing for most of the gameplay, their damage is lackluster and they take too long. At the very least we'll need some mods if not a flat buff to the power of Charge Attacks.

Void Onslaught; A Focus reward for just completing and maybe something else for getting on the Leaderboards? I'd ask that the Leaderboards be a bit like the Leaderboards for the event that gave us Ignis Wraith though; a percentage of the people that actually get to a level would get the 'high-end rewards', rather than a flat amount of people, since we'll always have 'try-harders' that'll absolutely cheese to get the top level rewards and this way even the 'not as try-harder' players will have a shot at them, rather than being permanently locked out of potentially unique rewards (i.e Syandanas, Glyphs, ornaments etc).

Login 2.0; Even though I'm pretty far along the Daily Tribute system, I can't wait for the rework; several of my friends are whining every time I praise the Sigma & Octantis -we want our full Broberon Paladin squad!

Endless Kuva; Looks a bit more fun than the current Kuva gathering system (which isn't bad, but might need a bit of an increase to how much Kuva you get out of it). With the right amount of Kuva reward, I can see the Fortress finally being a competitive alternative choice to Hydron and the other areas.

Thank you so much for the update on what you're working on and keep up the good work!

Il y a 15 heures, [DE]Taylor a dit :

This game started off as a concept by a community member, Loco Crazy. We loved it so much we had to make it a reality! Hopefully Tenno can see this in-game sometime in the future.

Il y a 15 heures, [DE]Taylor a dit :

These would allow players to pick what item would be unlocked at their next login milestone. We are still hoping to implement this when our team has time! 

Am I the only one seeing a contradiction here ?

il y a 1 minute, IceColdHawk a dit :

Too busy inventing street fighter minigame for warframe and half-baked "fashion" items like the ceramica pack instead of content. You gotta respect it mang /s

Yeah sure, they'll again release something that has nothing to do with warframe and that most players will ignore

Like lunaros / conclave (and archwing but you're forced into that so you can't ignore it :p   )

29 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

Am I the only one seeing a contradiction here ?

Not really. I'm pretty sure they mentioned that the fighting minigame is a little project that few people made for s**ts and giggles outside of their actual working hours.

I remember you guys showing a gamemode where we could play as the Stalker, which I think was more insteresting than this fighting gamemode, no one ever talked about that again. Any plans for it or was it just cancelled? This fighting gamemode is going to be okay'ish at the beginning when it comes out but it'll get boring quickly specially if it's going to be something like Happy Zephyr and that Wyrm minigame. I think the Stalker gamemode would be more appealing since you could go and fight players that have been marked by the stalker.

Survival Kuva missions. Great. Where do I sign up.

Was “kuva in the crates, lockers, and caches” just too obvious a solution?

I mean, anything but survival, please. It could have been interesting: say, finding a blueprint to build a Kuva Tap that you place on a pipe or kuva tank or whatever, and then have to defend against Kuva guardian onslaught, including a Kuva miniboss enemy.

14 hours ago, Bl4zko said:

I remember you guys showing a gamemode where we could play as the Stalker, which I think was more insteresting than this fighting gamemode, no one ever talked about that again. Any plans for it or was it just cancelled? This fighting gamemode is going to be okay'ish at the beginning when it comes out but it'll get boring quickly specially if it's going to be something like Happy Zephyr and that Wyrm minigame. I think the Stalker gamemode would be more appealing since you could go and fight players that have been marked by the stalker.

I think that was strictly for a TennoCon event. I oppose invasive PvP in principle, though. I don’t support adding a way for players to insert themselves into my missions specifically to try to kill me.

Of course, if it was something you could disable in settings, then sure. I’d disable it immediately and never look back. I suspect most players would do that. 

4 hours ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

I think that was strictly for a TennoCon event. I oppose invasive PvP in principle, though. I don’t support adding a way for players to insert themselves into my missions specifically to try to kill me.

Of course, if it was something you could disable in settings, then sure. I’d disable it immediately and never look back. I suspect most players would do that. 

Yeah ofcourse getting in someone's game just to kill them is not fun but that depends on how its implemented, I wouldn't mind being attacked by players as the stalker as long as they don't screw up your objective like killing the defense target.  A stalker player is more challenging than having the AI you currently have, stalker weapons could also deal less damage if it's a player using it, etc etc and disable it for low MR players so you couldn't kill them. There's so many ways DE could do this so it doesn't feel that invasive. I don't know man, it's just something I personally find like a cool addition :P

Happy 5th anniversary, and thanks for the gifts :)

Corpus Spider bots look great, just make sure they are super bug free as invisibility currently often bugs out giving no shimmer at all (not much of an issue as it is only on players at this stage), but on an enemy would mean they will be completely unseen.

Endless kuva, while I am appreciative of trying something it seems somewhat lack luster and seems no real effort was put in to make a fresh and fitting game mode.  The game mode doesn't fit, given the 'air' is being vented (presuming all kuva with it) from the area what exactly is the "Filter" actually removing from the air vacant of Kuva.  The current life support cylinders also come from the tenno, thus wont have Kuva in them either.  

Likewise this will just force groups to require the loot drop frames (Nekros and Hydroid and maybe Ivara/Atlas to a lesser state) far more than survival does already.

This could have been a good opportunity to show the other side of survival missions; the loot gathering operatives, or have the group be combined.  Where one random player, needs to go hunt down or retrieve Kuva cylinders (could be like excavation power/ sabotage cores), while the other players need to keep up the life support and dragging enemies away from possible storage locations.  Thus requiring some actual team-play.

Archived