Frame Fighter: A Fun Discussion

(PSN)Zero_029

First off. I LOVED the surprise build revealed on the Devstream.

It was super rough so it was obvious that as Reb said, it was made by some of the devs in their off time.

But my god...that would be a fun mini-game. Debatably could fill in for duels.

However, the concept of such a mini-game can be expanded to be REALLY gun & the Warframe universe is so vast...

It reminds me of one of my first forum threads. Which was about a NPC Fight Club where we could have the NPCs fight eachother.

Frame Fighter could very well be that!!

Imagine that instead of just having Frames, we can use NPCs we've scanned/quested for & etc.

I can see it now:

"ROUND 1!!!

Konzu...

VERSUS

Corrupted Vor

*Konzu entrance cutscene plays*

"You going to make me use offworld talent?"

*Corrupted Vor entrance plays*

"It is time. I will teach these trespassers the redemptive power of my Janus key. They will learn it's simple truth."

Fight!

Konzu spanks Vor with his OP Kilik (Soul Calibur) like staff combos.

*Poses victoriously*

"Another one off the docket. Early Lunch for Konzu!"

I felt for the fun of the thread to expand a bit on things.

So I envision a playable version being akin to Marvel vs Capcom 3 (I dunno why 3…it just sticks in my mind) with a few excemptions.
Many of them being based off the concept that this would be a mini-game & not need to be very in-depth or complicated.
1. No teams just simple 1 vs 1.
2. 1 Super/Special Attack per Character. (No Level 2, 3, etc)
3. Mode is not tied to Lore in anyway shape or form. It’s just a FUN mode>

So I see the main cast being unlockable by basic gameplay/acquisition in the main game.

(The goal, is give players yet another reason to play, scan, just give em something to look.)
To unlock the mode, perhaps you craft/purchase/Market Purchase an Arcade Console that you place in your Orbiter, Dojo, or play when at the Relays/Towns(Cetus).

Character Unlocks:

Warframes
(Must have owned them. To unlock the Prime Variants the player is required to have ranked the Frame to 30)
Operators
(Completed The War Within, can use the Operators of your friends if they are friends with you via In-Game Friendlist. I would say Clanmates but it would REALLY bloat the selection.)
NPC (This will have many methods.)
A. Bosses – (Captain Vor, Corrupted Vor, Allad V, Tyl Regor)
Must complete all Codex Scans of said NPC.
B. Assassins – (Stalker, Zanuka Hunter, etc)
Must Complete all Codex Scans & have defeated them.
C. Syndicate Leaders – (Cephalon Suda, Cressa Tal, Paladino, etc)
Requires Max Rank with Syndicate & you purchase them from *erm* them via “DLC” Datums with Standing.
D. Quest NPCS – (Konzu, Saya, etc)
Must have completed their Questlines & then you can buy their “DLC” Datum from them for Standing/Credits
E. Ally NPCS - (Lotus, Ordis, Teshin, etc)
Special Alerts Rewards and/or Quest Rewards
F. Vendor NPCs –  (Baro Ki’Teer, Darvo, Hok, Fisher Hai’Luk, Nakak, etc.)
Buy their “DLC” Datum from them when they are selling it.

Special Moves:
I totally think these should go the way of Marvel vs Capcom & have a weird little animation scene. Mainly because it would be purely ridiculous & add to the fun factor. Flashing background, a mini-cutscene of sorts, dramatic camera angle, etc.

Announcer/Commentator:
Ordis
But he needs to be very glitchy.
I daresay, more glitched than passive Ordis. A reversal of his behavior in the Storyline.

Entrance Animations & Victory Animations
Nuff said here. 
But I feel it should use in-game dialogue that can be taken out of context. It makes it funnier impo.Dialogue Examples:

Spoiler

Fisher Hai’luk
Entrance: “Oh…you’re pretty skilled with a Blade!”
Defeat: “Shoulda been a Plumber…”
Victory: “This one will feed the whole Family; and the cousins too!”

Captain Vor
Entrance: “I will put you down like a rabid Kubrow!”
Defeat: *Long Drawn out School Girl scream*
Victory: “Another dead Tenno!”

Simaris
Entrance: "The Sanctuary and I await your contribution."
Defeat: *Windows Error Sound*
Victory: "What a pity this creature will forever be unaware of its contribution to the Sanctuary."

Onkko
Entrance: "You'll make the necessary sacrifice, inevitably."
Defeat: "I see permutations tumbling, resolving behind your eyes, beneath your skin. Exquisite!"
Victory: "Do you feel that? Consequence brushing consequence. Already, the future shifts her expression."

I could go on. The dialogue of so many NPCs can be used creatively & leave some serious burns on those beaten.

So what NPCs would you like to see playable/would you like to play as?

Let's have fun with this.

As we get a few more patches fixing bugs, balancing aspects of the game, & applying reworks to old content this will be a great way to kill some time.

I don't expect to see this become a real mode honestly.

But if it does (probably won't hit till Next Year) there is no harm in having some fun imagining what it would be like.

How would you like it to play?

Marvel vs Capcom-ish? Tekken? Smash Brothers?

Edited by (PS4)Zero_029
My typos...breath fire into my soul...

I think it will be just warframe vs warframe for a start (and stay that way for months/years). Although it will be tough to have a professional fighting game in the game but I prefer having this than the present conclave.

1 hour ago, kyori said:

I think it will be just warframe vs warframe for a start (and stay that way for months/years). Although it will be tough to have a professional fighting game in the game but I prefer having this than the present conclave.

I don't think it needs to be professional level.

Just crisp enough to be playable.

Nothing too over the top, but not piss poor either.

il y a 52 minutes, Marine027 a dit :

Reminds me of Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn were tehy madea fun vidoe with such lettign NPC'S fight Street Fighter Style. They just did it because they could.

if it get close to this quality i'll be interested but for now it remind me of the first mortal kombat game with more bug and less gore.

I salute the idea but frankly it look clunky and without any impact feedback it's just a no no for me :/

I like the idea personally. I could finally punch Sargus Ruk in the face. Over and over.

I would say making an "Arcade" Module, with Frame Fighter, Wyrmius and Flappy Zephyr would be great for multiple reasons. If it's in the Market under "Orbiter", players would have an easier time finding these fun games to play. Of course, owning the respective Warframe and Sentinel would be required to unlock them (in Frame Fighters case, it'd just be unlocked, with your previous suggestions on how to obtain new characters), yet now they could be taken out of the Warframe Loadout menu so players won't accidentally swap to them, or need to access their Loadouts, just to play them. Plus, once it's unlocked, you won't need to keep the designated Warframe or Sentinel, as they're already unlocked, another issue which plagues these mini-games.

As for where the Arcade would be, well, that's a different story. I'd put it in front of the Operator Door in the middle, pushed up against the wall, as it already has wires and an easily accessible view from all angles.

As for the lore justification, just have Ordis make them up for our entertainment. He'll probably be the narrator anyways, so it makes sense.

Finally, let's try making up stuff for each NPC, Boss and Warframe. I imagine Vay Hell's Power Move should let him switch from Terra to Drone mode, as an example.

Edited by (XB1)Graysmog

2 hours ago, (XB1)Graysmog said:

I like the idea personally. I could finally punch Sargus Ruk in the face. Over and over.

I would say making an "Arcade" Module, with Frame Fighter, Wyrmius and Flappy Zephyr would be great for multiple reasons. If it's in the Market under "Orbiter", players would have an easier time finding these fun games to play. Of course, owning the respective Warframe and Sentinel would be required to unlock them (in Frame Fighters case, it'd just be unlocked, with your previous suggestions on how to obtain new characters), yet now they could be taken out of the Warframe Loadout menu so players won't accidentally swap to them, or need to access their Loadouts, just to play them. Plus, once it's unlocked, you won't need to keep the designated Warframe or Sentinel, as they're already unlocked, another issue which plagues these mini-games.

As for where the Arcade would be, well, that's a different story. I'd put it in front of the Operator Door in the middle, pushed up against the wall, as it already has wires and an easily accessible view from all angles.

As for the lore justification, just have Ordis make them up for our entertainment. He'll probably be the narrator anyways, so it makes sense.

Finally, let's try making up stuff for each NPC, Boss and Warframe. I imagine Vay Hell's Power Move should let him switch from Terra to Drone mode, as an example.

I agree on the arcade console being under landing craft in the market, loadouts not being tied to character selection & etc 

I'd rather each mini-game have its own console however. That way you could make an arcade room in the dojo/orbiter.

Vay Hek...hmm. Well since the power moves we've seen all do damage...

Perhaps he pulls out a microphone & screams into it?

I see Lotus' special being where she spams transmissions at you that fill up the screen till your character gets crushed.

Fisher Hai'Luk should throw a spear & hold up her opponent like prize fish.

Edited by (PS4)Zero_029