Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember World on fire changes by using scaling damage.

IfritKajiTora

I think that Ember WOF should get removed range decreasing but increased energy drain to max 10 energy per second.
World on Fire damage should get scaled with enemy health on every hit, just like Hydroids undertow. So the longer you hold it ON the more energy it drains but the more damage it deals.
With that high energy drain you can't keep it up for long, so you can't kill everything on the map with that ability because you don't have enough energy to do that, so it will work as actual let say "Ultimate ability", you use it only if you need it to use. While this ability still be able to kill any leveled enemy in the game (except armored ones).

16 minutes ago, IfritKajiTora said:

I think that Ember WOF should get removed range decreasing but increased energy drain to max 10 energy per second.
World on Fire damage should get scaled with enemy health on every hit, just like Hydroids undertow. So the longer you hold it ON the more energy it drains but the more damage it deals.
With that high energy drain you can't keep it up for long, so you can't kill everything on the map with that ability because you don't have enough energy to do that, so it will work as actual let say "Ultimate ability", you use it only if you need it to use. While this ability still be able to kill any leveled enemy in the game (except armored ones).

Hmm, that would be pretty cool with accelerant, multiplying the increased damage, escpecially if it scaled up like undertow.

How would it do that? Enemies hit have their % damage ramp up after each successive hit?

Or are you saying the abilities % health damage would increase over the duration. each time it hit an enemy? Just a flat increase over time?

Hopefully when they rework status procs it can solve some of Embers scaling issues. Fire is a very destructive force, I feel like it's something that should scale to insane levels if an enemy is affected long enough.

Like it she's procs an enemy with fire, then continuous fire damage after the proc should scale over time. So basically, the longer an enemy is under the fire status proc, the weaker they get to fire damage. And this should scale to insane practically armor ignoring levels if you can maintain the fire status long enough. 

I would rather WoF just get removed entirely and Ember be given a far more compelling and fun kit.  It's such an area of distress on the community that getting rid of it entirely and giving her some different abilities that have form and function would be the best way to just cut away the rotten part of the discussion.  I put out my own ideas on a way to do this by keeping her most desirable abilities with some small changes and some replacements for her first and last abilities.  Take a look and feel free to comment.

1 hour ago, jfhsanseiIII said:

I would rather WoF just get removed entirely and Ember be given a far more compelling and fun kit.  It's such an area of distress on the community that getting rid of it entirely and giving her some different abilities that have form and function would be the best way to just cut away the rotten part of the discussion.  I put out my own ideas on a way to do this by keeping her most desirable abilities with some small changes and some replacements for her first and last abilities.  Take a look and feel free to comment.

I think it’s only temporary distress until they forget about it and crawl under the next most-brainless but probably less destructive frame.

I like your thread though so I’ll like it here again.

9 hours ago, BigPapiPimp said:

Hmm, that would be pretty cool with accelerant, multiplying the increased damage, escpecially if it scaled up like undertow.

How would it do that? Enemies hit have their % damage ramp up after each successive hit?

Or are you saying the abilities % health damage would increase over the duration. each time it hit an enemy? Just a flat increase over time?

Starting damage of WOF is 400, if all enemies near have 5000 hp then on every of those enemies WOF should get increased damage by for example 1% (5000*1%= +50 damage) every time WOF hit any of these enemies (Wof hit 3 or 4 times per second), so if enemies doesn't have armor, after 100 hits WOF could kill every of these enemies with one hit. So you can stack infinite amount of damage of course until you run out of energy.

6 hours ago, BigPapiPimp said:

I think it’s only temporary distress until they forget about it and crawl under the next most-brainless but probably less destructive frame.

I like your thread though so I’ll like it here again.

Yea.  I think it’s a matter of pulling the bandaid away quick or slow.   Losing WoF entirely will hurt a lot of people, but giving ember a fully synergized kit that is utilitarian and fun is most desirable.  I absolutely love the idea of ember being a death dealing fire mage, but pressing four and running doesn’t fit my image, nor DE’s, at all.  Might as well make it something exciting. 

11 hours ago, (PS4)TheAdventurer29 said:

The more percentage of health it deals in damage the more energy is drained. There is a flat ratio between these two numbers. Ember would scale well in end-game with this. 

This is an awful suggestion for one reason. Ember is slow and made of paper. If she is out of energy she can't use what little CC she has left to survive. So no offense but I would rather have no ult then that one unless changes are made either to her attributes, her other abilities or her ability to gain energy back.