Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev-Stream Stalker mode

_Eclips3_

After seeing tactical potatoes stalker video, I agree, this really should be a game mode, maybe like, have it as an alert to be able to stalk a random person, I don't know, but someone really should make a voting poll on having this, it seems fun af.

1 minute ago, Trichouette said:

I don't think invading other players' mission to kill them is fun to them.

(nor do I think DE should work on useless stuff like this or archwing conclave/race)

Well there should be some kind of permission thing

Too abusable to cause mission failures with nothing the players can do.

For instance: In a spy mission?  Stalker can trigger the alarms and cause a data-wipe.
In a rescue mission?  Good luck reviving the downed rescue target, or even unlocking their door to prevent their death timer, even if stalker can't hurt it itself.
In a sabotage mission?  Hopefully you don't have the "Get to extraction in X or auto fail!" randomly pop up.
In a capture mission?  Hopefully he isn't locking you down to allow the target to get away as he hides to just burn the timer.

And newer players would just love a stalker invading and killing everyone but the target over and over again with nothing the new players can do about it...

And that is before you get to his abilities which are stupidly abusable.
Free infinite range ability that teleports the target to them and staggers them so that you get a free melee hit?  Stalker has that.  Doesn't even require LOS.  When the stalker AI bugs out and spams it there is literally nothing the player can do as they are repeatedly teleported to the stalker, hit by a melee attack, and then teleported again and again until death with permanent stagger.
What about an infinite range 100 damage dispel that doesn't require LOS?  Why wouldn't a stalker player just spam that until the target dies?
What about all of the abilities shadow stalker has that makes him invincible on cast?  Why wouldn't a stalker player just spam abilities to remain immune to harm?
His ability set is just too abusable to put into the hands of the general playing public.

Edited by Tsukinoki

9 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

I don't think invading other players' mission to kill them is fun to them.

(nor do I think DE should work on useless stuff like this or archwing conclave/race)

They should work on something useful, like another open world with more mining!  Or a reskin of Excal! snrk

-------------------

Maybe interesting/fair if it's something self-inflicted.  Like how in Bloodborne you ring a bell to invite enemy hunters, just add some extra rewards.  Maybe also don't allow player-stalkers parkour access, if people liked playing hop-around-missing-eachother for 20 minutes they'd be playing conclave.

Just now, Tsukinoki said:

For instance: In a spy mission?  Stalker can trigger the alarms and cause a data-wipe.
In a rescue mission?  Good luck reviving the downed rescue target, or even unlocking their door to prevent their death timer, even if stalker can't hurt it itself.
In a sabotage mission?  Hopefully you don't have the "Get to extraction in X or auto fail!" randomly pop up.
In a capture mission?  Hopefully he isn't locking you down to allow the target to get away as he hides to just burn the timer.

Free infinite range ability that teleports the target to them and staggers them so that you get a free melee hit?  Stalker has that.  Doesn't even require LOS.  When the stalker AI bugs out and spams it there is literally nothing the player can do as they are repeatedly teleported to the stalker, hit by a melee attack, and then teleported again and again until death with permanent stagger.
What about an infinite range 100 damage dispel that doesn't require LOS?  Why wouldn't a stalker player just spam that until the target dies?
What about all of the abilities shadow stalker has that makes him invincible on cast?  Why wouldn't a stalker player just spam abilities to remain immune to harm?
His ability set is just too abusable to put into the hands of the general playing public.

Exactly this.  Trust me that should this ever be added, I would intentionally troll the hell out of everybody until they begged DE to remove it.  It would be my mission to show exactly why Stalker-players would be a bad idea.  

4 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

And newer players would just love a stalker invading and killing everyone but the target over and over again with nothing the new players can do about it...

Dude, think.... When AI stalker appears, does he make alarms go off in spy, or does he let you get target? No, no difference, just the player using it, DE can make some adjustments so you cant abuse it. :D

4 minutes ago, XxElite2015xX said:

Dude, think.... When AI stalker appears, does he make alarms go off in spy, or does he let you get target? No, no difference, just the player using it, DE can make some adjustments so you cant abuse it. :D

Actually AI Stalker can cause the alarms to get set off.  This is because the enemies see him as a threat and will set off the alarms and attack him. I've seen this happen multiple times in missions.  

20 minutes ago, XxElite2015xX said:

Actually he can trigger spy alarms.
Which with the tile being in auto lock down means you can't get into the vault to hack it.
He can also trigger the death timer on rescue targets.  And again the auto-lockdown occurs severly limiting what you can do as you can't remove the lockdown till he dies.  And all a player has to do is avoid death until mission failure occurs.
With capture missions if you're chasing the target and stalker spawns, guess what?  The tile you're in goes into lockdown and if the capture target is outside of that tile he has the entire time your fighting the stalker to run to his teleport tile and cause an instant mission failure.

The normal stalker already has these problems!  But guess what?  He's not programmed to abuse them to troll players.
Human players on the other hand?  They would likely troll because to quite a few people it would be funny and more annoying to the target.

Edited by Tsukinoki

Add player-stalker to the Assault game mode?

Stalker races to kill Warframes, while Warframes try their best to keep the stalker at bay while rushing through the objectives, you can only temporarily banish the stalker. Successful missions give juicy stuff? Forma, 1k endo. Can only attempt a few times a day.

Stalkers will ofcourse not recieve any arbitrary reward for their success, their reward is the suffering of others.

I don't really care how they would balance it, or how it would work... I don't want a player to hop into my mission with the soul goal of trying their hardest to screw it over for me. Because no mater how you balance it, that is what it is at its core. A "lets screw with this guy" option. Nothing more.

6 minutes ago, Recel said:

I don't really care how they would balance it, or how it would work... I don't want a player to hop into my mission with the soul goal of trying their hardest to screw it over for me. Because no mater how you balance it, that is what it is at its core. A "lets screw with this guy" option. Nothing more.

There is the other problem the concept that it will ever be an option. 

People are going to say it is but it won't be. Because what will happen is that there will be some sort of reward/prize or even a whole system that will mean either you participate in it or you lose out.

If there isn't some sort of bonus to it then there will be thread after thread about how DE needs to add some reward for it until they do and the defense after the fact is always going to be a mind numbing "It's your choice to miss out" when people start to complain because they don't want to get trolled for prizes.  

LOL .. jeez .. 2 days ago i saw a heap of Tenno complaining that the stalker is too easy to kill etc etc .. so whats the difference .. just kill him.. he's is still just the stalker .. I doubt if DE will put this mode in as a pure free for all disrupt everyones game type of thing anyway.. I think if it comes in it'll be a fun idea.. and remember its a game made for enjoyment.. it's not real!

11 minutes ago, Madas007 said:

LOL .. jeez .. 2 days ago i saw a heap of Tenno complaining that the stalker is too easy to kill etc etc .. so whats the difference .. just kill him.. he's is still just the stalker .. I doubt if DE will put this mode in as a pure free for all disrupt everyones game type of thing anyway.. I think if it comes in it'll be a fun idea.. and remember its a game made for enjoyment.. it's not real!

The difference is the AI stalker while somewhat easy to kill with even with it's hand full of cheap powers doesn't have the capacity to actively trigger alarms in spy vaults or blow up defense targets. It also won't stealth across the map and one shot you from nearly two tiles away.

Also the people who complain that the stalker is too easy are selfish endgame players who don't care that the buffs they want to make the stalker challenging for them will faceroll pretty much everyone else in the game. Nor do they care that the Stalker is still actually challenging for the bulk of the games playerbase. But hey lets throw those people under the buss because I want an enemy that is a challenge for my 12 forma, riven slathered gear that can one shot a level 2000 enemy... Those are the people who complain that the Stalker is too easy.

Edited by Oreades

1 hour ago, Oreades said:

The difference is the AI stalker while somewhat easy to kill with even with it's hand full of cheap powers doesn't have the capacity to actively trigger alarms in spy vaults or blow up defense targets. It also won't stealth across the map and one shot you from nearly two tiles away.

Also the people who complain that the stalker is too easy are selfish endgame players who don't care that the buffs they want to make the stalker challenging for them will faceroll pretty much everyone else in the game. Nor do they care that the Stalker is still actually challenging for the bulk of the games playerbase. But hey lets throw those people under the buss because I want an enemy that is a challenge for my 12 forma, riven slathered gear that can one shot a level 2000 enemy... Those are the people who complain that the Stalker is too easy.

I understand but disagree .. I think people just enjoy complaining about anything these days.. on the dev stream how many kills did DE get .. 2 .. the players killed the "Stalker" easily, and as i said i dont think DE will drop that Stalker type model into any game where "idiots" can destroy missions.. that would be silly.. but hopefully we will see :)

4 minutes ago, Madas007 said:

I understand but disagree .. I think people just enjoy complaining about anything these days.. on the dev stream how many kills did DE get .. 2 .. the players killed the "Stalker" easily, and as i said i dont think DE will drop that Stalker type model into any game where "idiots" can destroy missions.. that would be silly.. but hopefully we will see :)

I take it that you have never faced off against Stalker whose level was 40 or higher.  

I've seen players do stupid stuff like summon lvl 100 Juggernauts and then die because they didn't know how to fight it.  

I can only imagine that those for having Stalker-Players are just like those that die due to lvl 100 Juggernauts.  They don't fully think about it and then suffer.  

vor 6 Minuten schrieb Madas007:

on the dev stream how many kills did DE get .. 2 .. the players killed the "Stalker" easily

They played with a joypad looking at a screen across the room, any half decent player will completely murder you with stalker. They said multiple times Dread would be a one-shoot kill for sure, and the guest even did it once. Just imagine somebody with mouse controls running around like that

5 minutes ago, AcceptYourDeath said:

They played with a joypad looking at a screen across the room, any half decent player will completely murder you with stalker. They said multiple times Dread would be a one-shoot kill for sure, and the guest even did it once. Just imagine somebody with mouse controls running around like that

Or a person like me who uses a controller and has 95% accuracy with the Daikyu and over 1300 hours play time.  

I keep saying that there are some players that you really don't want to be controlling Stalker.  No one seems to think about that side of it while they wish for it to be added.  

Edit: I mean do you really want to face off against someone with lots of practice using bows accurately having control of a one-shot kill weapon and Stalker powers?

Edited by DatDarkOne

I would love to see this implemented, but the rule sets would need to be heavily revised, as well as rewards to incentivize playing as both the target and the stalker.

Rule Set/Rewards Example: The game mode is playable once per day and resets on the same timer as the Sorties. The Stalker is unable to damage any mission objectives or factions other than the Tenno, they must kill the mark that was selected to complete the assassination and extract, extra operative kills increase your end of mission rewards: 25k credits and 500 kuva per operative and a chance at a: orokin catalyst bp(10%)/orokin Reactor bp(10%)/forma(10%)/riven mod(20%)/2500 endo(50%). If the stalker is killed all players are rewarded with a random 30 min booster, a vaulted relic, and the standard Stalker drops.

Personally I dont think players should play as stalker at all as there is no logic behind it in the game. I think DE should make it be tied to the syndicates, like they mentioned as a possible higher tier of hit squad in the past, before they prototyped it with the stalker.

• 5 weeks later...
On ‎17‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 8:46 PM, Oreades said:

Nah, I'd rather not. I have to deal with too many unintentional trolls as is to have any desire to have players directed to actively troll my games.

Don't ruin the fun for other people, if you cant handle trolls, then block em