Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev-Stream Stalker mode

_Eclips3_

7 minutes ago, XxElite2015xX said:

Don't ruin the fun for other people, if you cant handle trolls, then block em

Your reply doesn't make any sense in the context of this topic or the person you quoted.  

edit.  You also Nekro'd a dead topic 

Edited by DatDarkOne

1 minute ago, DatDarkOne said:

Your reply doesn't make any sense in the context of this topic or the person you quoted.  

edit.  You also Nekro'd a dead topic 

Its my own topic xD plus it does, making the stalker mode non existent, just because YOU (in this case, this dude I quoted)  get trolled is kind of selfish.

4 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

Uhh, but the Stalker mode is non existent.  As in it does not exist in the game at all.  It's only in the Dev build that only Devs have access to.  

You know what, I give up xD you don't seem to understand

On 3/17/2018 at 5:58 PM, Tsukinoki said:

Too abusable to cause mission failures with nothing the players can do.

For instance: In a spy mission?  Stalker can trigger the alarms and cause a data-wipe.
In a rescue mission?  Good luck reviving the downed rescue target, or even unlocking their door to prevent their death timer, even if stalker can't hurt it itself.
In a sabotage mission?  Hopefully you don't have the "Get to extraction in X or auto fail!" randomly pop up.
In a capture mission?  Hopefully he isn't locking you down to allow the target to get away as he hides to just burn the timer.

And newer players would just love a stalker invading and killing everyone but the target over and over again with nothing the new players can do about it...

And that is before you get to his abilities which are stupidly abusable.
Free infinite range ability that teleports the target to them and staggers them so that you get a free melee hit?  Stalker has that.  Doesn't even require LOS.  When the stalker AI bugs out and spams it there is literally nothing the player can do as they are repeatedly teleported to the stalker, hit by a melee attack, and then teleported again and again until death with permanent stagger.
What about an infinite range 100 damage dispel that doesn't require LOS?  Why wouldn't a stalker player just spam that until the target dies?
What about all of the abilities shadow stalker has that makes him invincible on cast?  Why wouldn't a stalker player just spam abilities to remain immune to harm?
His ability set is just too abusable to put into the hands of the general playing public.

Also too absuable for handing out goodies. Oh, you're all newbs, hey you want free Hate and War, I'll stalk you and let you kill me and here you go.

20 minutes ago, XxElite2015xX said:

You know what, I give up xD you don't seem to understand

I understand quite well.  Here's what I had previously posted in this very topic.

On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 6:07 PM, DatDarkOne said:

Or a person like me who uses a controller and has 95% accuracy with the Daikyu and over 1300 hours play time.  

I keep saying that there are some players that you really don't want to be controlling Stalker.  No one seems to think about that side of it while they wish for it to be added.  

Edit: I mean do you really want to face off against someone with lots of practice using bows accurately having control of a one-shot kill weapon and Stalker powers?

Edited by DatDarkOne

1 hour ago, XxElite2015xX said:

So I shouldn't "ruin" other peoples ability to ruin my fun?

Hey as long as you have to opt-in to being stalked by a Trollker and there is literally no upside to opting-in (EG no downside to not opting-in) then I'm 100% fine with the mode. I'll just treat it like conclave.

But if there is some kind of benefit to opting-in or you flat out forced to "participate" then I very much have a problem with Trollker mode existing. 

Yeah, I like this mode too.

It should make the stalker scarier and more challenging.

However, they will need to tweak him to be less abusable and also to be fair not die from 2 hits from the operator amp.

Maybe make it only for people who have killed AI stalker X number of times so those who are already having trouble with AI stalker won't be affected.

Edited by OoKeNnEtHoO

2 hours ago, XxElite2015xX said:

tumblr_mxvlklEl1i1rnrreio1_400.gif  Oh wait, someone already said it.

1 hour ago, XxElite2015xX said:

Its my own topic xD

This means nothing, you still nekro'ed.

Onto the actual topic, I can say quite easily that this is a very, big. 

NO.

Why? Because it would ruin other people's fun,( which has already been said. ) + Some people would rather have a normal Stalker, not one that can bullet jump all over the place.

I feel like I wasted my time here, everyone has said all my main points.

Edited by EndermanBeast

On 17/03/2018 at 10:58 AM, Tsukinoki said:

Too abusable to cause mission failures with nothing the players can do.

For instance: In a spy mission?  Stalker can trigger the alarms and cause a data-wipe.
In a rescue mission?  Good luck reviving the downed rescue target, or even unlocking their door to prevent their death timer, even if stalker can't hurt it itself.
In a sabotage mission?  Hopefully you don't have the "Get to extraction in X or auto fail!" randomly pop up.
In a capture mission?  Hopefully he isn't locking you down to allow the target to get away as he hides to just burn the timer.

And newer players would just love a stalker invading and killing everyone but the target over and over again with nothing the new players can do about it...

And that is before you get to his abilities which are stupidly abusable.
Free infinite range ability that teleports the target to them and staggers them so that you get a free melee hit?  Stalker has that.  Doesn't even require LOS.  When the stalker AI bugs out and spams it there is literally nothing the player can do as they are repeatedly teleported to the stalker, hit by a melee attack, and then teleported again and again until death with permanent stagger.
What about an infinite range 100 damage dispel that doesn't require LOS?  Why wouldn't a stalker player just spam that until the target dies?
What about all of the abilities shadow stalker has that makes him invincible on cast?  Why wouldn't a stalker player just spam abilities to remain immune to harm?
His ability set is just too abusable to put into the hands of the general playing public.

Stalker would be considered an ally to your enemies and won't trigger alarms. Skills on cooldowns. Can't damage objectives. Hell the only real problem is the locking doors since forcing a confrontation is cool but doing that will cause objective issues. Can you hack the console to remove lockdown? I have never tried. Problem solved. Hack in operator mode to not get hit and even the ciphers will have a use now. These are all non issues honestly.

On ‎16‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 6:28 PM, EndermanBeast said:

tumblr_mxvlklEl1i1rnrreio1_400.gif  Oh wait, someone already said it.

This means nothing, you still nekro'ed.

Onto the actual topic, I can say quite easily that this is a very, big. 

NO.

Why? Because it would ruin other people's fun,( which has already been said. ) + Some people would rather have a normal Stalker, not one that can bullet jump all over the place.

I feel like I wasted my time here, everyone has said all my main points.

It does mean something, it means that the topic isn't dead until I finished with it.

On ‎16‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 7:33 PM, (XB1)Timidobserver said:

IMO, go play Sea of Thieves if you want to play a game where the devs approve of and support griefing. 

I have it, its already dead, plus, with certain tweaks, stalker mode can be grief free

Edited by XxElite2015xX

1 minute ago, XxElite2015xX said:

You obviously don't, you don't see my point, so just let it go and face it :)

Apparently then NO ONE sees your point.  Hence all the upvotes given to those who don't agree with you.  

When you have a majority of people in a topic the directly disagree with you, that's usually a hint that the idea isn't a good one.  

Just now, DatDarkOne said:

Apparently then NO ONE sees your point.  Hence all the upvotes given to those who don't agree with you.  

When you have a majority of people in a topic the directly disagree with you, that's usually a hint that the idea isn't a good one.  

Not exactly, only you don't understand, so just let go :) No need to keep replying, it will just escalate into something worse.

It would be bad as too many people on the internet are absolute scum of the most rancid kind.

So this mode would be abused.....

UNLESS!!!!

The mode has a Toggle.

In Resident Evil 6 they had a "Agent Hunt" mode where players could play as monsters.

The actual players had NO idea these monsters were players. But it gave an added sense of "edge" to the game.

As some monsters were more dangerous due to being player controlled.

My point?

Allows players to "Opt-In" to be "Stalked".

If they do then they will be ready for what a player Stalker could do.

If they opt-out they only deal with AI Stalker.

This way people have options.

If they add forced PvP to this game it will drive out a ton of players.  Forced means either no option or if there is reward you cannot get any other way.  Warframe is an awesome PvE game... keep building on that.

Edited by Ashmedai
Spelling

I'm not the one who Nekro'd a dead topic.  I'm also not the one telling someone else not to comment on a public forum because my argument in a debate is failing.  

If you really don't want anyone to respond, then stop quoting people.  Quoting others is pretty much requesting them to respond back.  :clem: