Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Despoil (Exilus)

Grimmstyler

Just now, Grimmstyler said:

I find [Creeping Terrify] more useful than [Soul Survivor] because the enemies don't run so far away.. 

But it's all playstyle..

Yeah I love CT since it slows them down enough for Shadows to get in some damage/kills. SS has taken a backseat with its high cost and situational effect that's been diminished by insta-revives & no invuln period to protect downed allies trying to get back up.

26 minutes ago, PsiWarp said:

Yeah I love CT since it slows them down enough for Shadows to get in some damage/kills. SS has taken a backseat with its high cost and situational effect that's been diminished by insta-revives & no invuln period to protect downed allies trying to get back up.

Your suggestion to changing the augment for Soul Punch is a good one

1 hour ago, Grimmstyler said:

Coaction Drift does nothing for mobility other than buff [Sprint Boost] if equipped..

There are a few exilus mods that don't provide any kind of mobility, actually. Enemy Sense, Thief's Wit, Power Drift, Handspring, Aviator, Master Thief, Sure Footed, Stealth Drift, Heavy Impact, Intruder, Pain Threshold, Retribution, Shock Absorbers, and Warm Coat, going once over my collection.

Exilus slot is mostly for things that would be hard to justify on a normal warframe build. Despoil definitely doesn't belong there, and I would even argue that any of the power augments wouldn't either. If they deserve to be exilus mods, they deserve to be reworked to be better.

Edited by NezuHimeSama

@Grimmstyler Thanks, though it's a bit more work for the devs even if the existing mechanics are in place. Nekros isn't high on the list for a revisit.

I can also get behind Equilibrium becoming Exilus if not Despoil. That mod feels like a waste of a slot on frames that can't produce either orbs, but it might see more use in as Exilus.

2 hours ago, shadowmod said:

can someone explain to me what depoil dos cause it dont seem to be on the mod effect or im just not understanding why hp drain is good on how squshy neckros is

Despoil causes Desecrate to drain 10 Health instead of Energy when drawing loot from a corpse. This does a few things, and there are a few considerations to have when equipping Despoil on Nekros:

• Consuming Health frees up Nekros' Energy pool for the casting of other abilities.
  • Nekros' passive restores 5 Health to him per enemy killed nearby. This helps mitigate the health loss.
  • Desecrate naturally spawns tons of Health Orbs, which in most situations make up for the cost of Despoil and essentially make Desecrate free.
  • Try the mod Health Conversion with Despoil. HC grants large chunks of Armor when picking up Health Orbs, which can only happen when your Warframe is not at full Health. Since a Despoil Nekros is constantly below full Health (and also churning up bunches of Health Orbs) Nekros can constantly be stacking HC's Armor without having to rely on enemy damage. (Despoil makes him one of the few frames who can stack up HC Armor before taking any damage, which allows the Armor to start working earlier.) Despoil gives Nekros incredibly easy and fast access to lots of Armor via Health Conversion, making the Bonedaddy respectably tanky.
Edited by SenorClipClop

2 hours ago, shadowmod said:

can someone explain to me what depoil dos cause it dont seem to be on the mod effect or im just not understanding why hp drain is good on how squshy neckros is

Oh, really really simple ^^

Health Drain on Nekros from Despoil is completely negated by the fact that most enemies will drop Health orbs. As long as you are using it, it's likely you'll never die due to constant Health drops, and you'll not be wasting Energy either. It also works off Efficiency too, so there's no reason not to run the same build as usual.

Basically you can generate your own energy for Desecrate by powering it with Health Orbs.

As to the original Post...

16 hours ago, Grimmstyler said:

Im wishing upon a star that [Despoil] could be equipped in the Exilus mod slot :laugh:

Literally the simple fact that you would want to use it all the time by sticking it in the Exilus Slot shows how powerful and useful this Aug is for Nekros. By that logic, there's absolutely no way that DE would ever not let it cost a real mod slot.

4 hours ago, Thaylien said:

Literally the simple fact that you would want to use it all the time by sticking it in the Exilus Slot shows how powerful and useful this Aug is for Nekros. By that logic, there's absolutely no way that DE would ever not let it cost a real mod slot.

Probably.. i just want to fit another mod on my build.. Kinda sucks how using multiple augments on a build (not in Exilus) doesn't seem possible without hurting the % stats of abilities or Warframe enhancements..

A perfect example is Nyx [Assimilate] and how that should just be the original ability, but it cost a mod slot and effects a potential slot for Warframe enhancements, % stat ability mods or another augment.. 

But using augments in a Exilus slot could help free that up like [Hysteria] and [Escape Velocity] does.. Im just wishing :highfive::facepalm:

8 minutes ago, Grimmstyler said:

A perfect example is Nyx [Assimilate] and how that should just be the original ability

I do get what you're saying, but as a person that's been playing since before Augments were invented, I know exactly how good Absorb is and I think that the Assimilate augment is kind of just a gimmick. 

2 hours ago, Thaylien said:

I do get what you're saying, but as a person that's been playing since before Augments were invented, I know exactly how good Absorb is and I think that the Assimilate augment is kind of just a gimmick. 

For me it just adds the effect of reviving downed allies.. But there are other things that can be done with [Assimilate].. In which im not sure why it needs to take a mod space (other than keeping the original ability accessible)

12 hours ago, Grimmstyler said:

For me it just adds the effect of reviving downed allies.. But there are other things that can be done with [Assimilate].. In which im not sure why it needs to take a mod space (other than keeping the original ability accessible)

For the same reason Despoil does; it makes an already powerful ability more powerful, it's a direct buff by taking what is a limited ability (by which DE have specifically said that the balance of total invulnerability to all damage, aggro draw and scaling damage that enemies feed, is achieved by virtue of being immobile while casting) and allows you to move and even use objects, revive allies and so on while doing so. Removing the deliberately implemented limitation of any ability is worth a mod slot.

20 hours ago, Thaylien said:

I really disagree purely because of the fact that Exilus Slots pretty much cost platinum. They hardly ever come in Invasions and the only other place you can get it is Twitch Drops. I really, really believe that all Augments should be able to be used in the Exilus.

1 hour ago, (PS4)ArtPrince17 said:

I really disagree purely because of the fact that Exilus Slots pretty much cost platinum. They hardly ever come in Invasions and the only other place you can get it is Twitch Drops. I really, really believe that all Augments should be able to be used in the Exilus.

You know that the Exilus was only put in in the first place as a bonus for players who could do the extra grind and who actually would either grab plat or sacrifice two Forma for it? Besides, they're still not something you have to pay for, just something that's difficult to grind for, and not always worth the results.

It's not me you're disagreeing with, my friend, it's literally the reason that only one Augment (a pure movement-based aug that only lends utility to an ability, not damage, change of effects or anything else) is able to be applied to the Exilus; because DE says that any direct change to how an ability functions, even if that ability isn't powerful enough to warrant the use of the augment for you (the player), is worth a regular mod slot. That's it. That's where they draw the line, we've asked the questions before, and had them answered.

Now, maybe they might rework the Augment system in the future, make changes to innate abilities have their own innate system, but until that happens... nope, nothing but tiny buffs or utility goes in the Exilus.

We did try to change their mind... but thus far nada, and it's a question that's raised regularly.

7 hours ago, Thaylien said:

For the same reason Despoil does; it makes an already powerful ability more powerful, it's a direct buff by taking what is a limited ability (by which DE have specifically said that the balance of total invulnerability to all damage, aggro draw and scaling damage that enemies feed, is achieved by virtue of being immobile while casting) and allows you to move and even use objects, revive allies and so on while doing so. Removing the deliberately implemented limitation of any ability is worth a mod slot.

Well sh*t i can do the same thing [Assimilate] can do with Valkyr Hysteria or Wukong Defy..