Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frame Fighter, Thoughts

Aeraxis

In response to the new Frame Fighter mode, I'm quite excited for this. It would be a wonderful way to break up the standard gameplay, pleas allow us the option to play against Ordis? (If you do, please add in a large amount of trash talking if Ordis is winning)

With the additions of queue for Eidolon Hunts as well as the new upcoming game mode Frame Fighter and the new arcade like time attack Void Onslaught mission, Warframe is becoming even more social and attractive to casual audiences. Would it be possible to see more social type games/modes introduced in the future? Maybe even table top games inside clan dojos? (Star Wars Dejarik inspired, but Tenno realized of course)

A game mode I would love to see, since this game is generally played with 4 players, would be a brawler type mode like Smash Bros, PS Allstars, or even Power Stone. All sorts of random weapons could drop in. A multitude of different items: specter of Stalker/Gustrag/Zenuka, Energy/Health Orbs, and even have bosses like Lephantis, Councilor Vay Hek, Jordas Golem, Kela De Thaym, etc. in the background doing attacks on the players/levels creating stage transitions.

I actually think a Smash Bros/Power Stone style mode would be a really good fit for Warframe's mechanics. I'm definitely interested in this, but I get a little nervous because I don't know how DE prioritizes their work. Anyways, I can definitely see it being fun, but I just hope its not a simple gimmick. That's also part of my concern tho. How deep do we want them to go with content like this? Is there a team dedicated to it? It just seems like it would require a certain amount of people just to focus on it and I don't know how many people they have to dedicate enough time to it. I just don't want them to stretch themselves out to thin considering how much stuff they're currently working on and how much stuff people want reworked/fixed, etc. 

I think FightFrame is not a good use of development time. People have been waiting for competitive events, Trials remaster (although far away), Dark Sectors, and more, and the time that could be spent on real QoL and new content is being used on a Street Fighter rip off? Sorry, but I really do not understand how that game mode is a good "return on investment" when they remove other content because it is not.

Edited by --Q--Voltage

33 minutes ago, BL4CKN0ISE said:

I just don't want them to stretch themselves out to thin considering how much stuff they're currently working on and how much stuff people want reworked/fixed, etc. 

Considering DE had a team working on The Amazing Eternals, they may have enough resources to dedicate to a part of the game like this. They could dedicate a small team to slowly bring game modes like this to life in the background as the bigger updates get pushed out. There is a large amount of potential in adding modes like this, this will boost the amount of concurrent players if done properly.

2 minutes ago, --Q--Voltage said:

I think FightFrame is not a good use of development time. People have been waiting for competitive events, Trials remaster (although far away), Dark Sectors, and more, and the time that could be spent on real QoL and new content is being used on a Street Fighter rip off? Sorry, but I really do not understand how that game mode is a better "return on investment" compared to something like Trials.

Its a wonderful ROI. Players burn themselves out farming for items/affinity/etc over and over again, and end up logging off either out of boredom or frustration. Having a completely different game available within Warframe breaks up the monotony, but still keeps those players online in the game, also keeping the game more socially active and healthy.

18 hours ago, --Q--Voltage said:

I think FightFrame is not a good use of development time. People have been waiting for competitive events, Trials remaster (although far away), Dark Sectors, and more, and the time that could be spent on real QoL and new content is being used on a Street Fighter rip off? Sorry, but I really do not understand how that game mode is a good "return on investment" when they remove other content because it is not.

^^This^^

It was my first thought when I saw it on the devstream. I just find the whole idea ridicolous. After all this time adding new systems slapped on top of the game, never finished content that nobody enjoys and plays nearly ever, they came up with yet another one. They never learn?  I don't think this is the way to spend development time and resources. I'm really disappointed.

This would be AMAZING!!!

I don't normally like fighting games but I would definitely play this. Would help with boredom and burnout while waiting between events, plus bonding with clan-mates. I've got a few clan members who play fighting games.

I personally think it should be upgraded. I haven't played it yet, but I hope it turns out more advanced. Earn 'fighting stance' or something, so you can use melee weapons (as well as frame specific combos) but no weapon stats are applied, all swords are just a sword, hammers, ect. - though this would be a tremendous task as every frame would get its own style with every weapon type then, in order to build a unique combo. I think its a little odd they are hand to hand, even though a 'ninja' should be somewhat skilled in that I suppose.

Nextly, I hope it takes a more serious roll. Dueling special units in this manor in pve. With the option of choosing to accept the duel in this state, or just fight them normally. With different loot tables on how you chose to take them down. Similar to Dynasty Warrios duels, but more like the Street Fighter, Mortal combat, that you've already implemented. 

I'm sad I didnt suggest this sooner as I actual came up with this concept a few months ago in my head, and seeing this 'fighting game' in actual gameplay I'm like, damn I thought of that too! So I just wanted to mention my own flair to the concept.

If they are going to do a Fight Frame i think they should take the time to do it well.  Get some input from fighting game developers.  Have combos, supers, counters, breakers, etc. i think they not bother releasing a crappy two bit gimmick mode.

A proper Fight mode could be integrated into conclave.  If the quality is high enough it would definitely be the most popular conclave mode.  If the quality was exceptional, it could give warframe a shot at the esports scene.

I see a few people saying this is not a good use of developers time.  I would only agree if they intended to release a rubbish half pie mode, if they go full hog, take their time making it, and do a good job, then i think it is a good use of time

Edited by (PS4)Fairfied

2 hours ago, RobWasHere said:

I dont think its "waste of manpower" or "wrong prioritizing" if its passionate project of 2 devs in their off time.

I assume this is true, will have to double check, was it mention that it was a off time project in the last devstream? In which case, everybody saying such things are.. well horrible people!

56 minutes ago, (PS4)Fairfied said:

A proper Fight mode could be integrated into conclave.  If the quality is high enough it would definitely be the most popular conclave mode.  If the quality was exceptional, it could give warframe a shot at the esports scene.

This is what I'm hoping, and if its really well done... what do other fighting games have to offer when there is a free to play version of a game type they love? Aside from being 'over the top'. the locked potential of warframes pvp does keep a certain crowd away from warframe. Plenty of PvP lovers may crowed to Warframe and deal with the pve aspect to simply get a free frame (if they dont want to pay) so that they may play the Frame Fighter. Or better yet, pay for them.

21 hours ago, --Q--Voltage said:

Posted with zero insight into what goes on in the offices of DE, zero insight into who is actually working on it, and zero insight into when and where they're putting it together.

You keep on keeping on, though. Maybe one day you'll reach the reputation mark you're shooting for and stop posting things like this.

5 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

Posted with zero insight into what goes on in the offices of DE, zero insight into who is actually working on it, and zero insight into when and where they're putting it together.

You keep on keeping on, though. Maybe one day you'll reach the reputation mark you're shooting for and stop posting things like this.

I'm just talking about consistency. If DE is going to preach that a specific game mode was not well integrated and didn't give a return they wanted, then why should they do exactly that with an arcade PvP mode that is very disconnected to the game? Remember Lunaro? Yea, that happened.

I just don't want to see DE make the same mistake: Creating a disconnected PvP mode that dies in a few weeks.

Edited by --Q--Voltage

1 minute ago, --Q--Voltage said:

I'm just talking about consistency. If DE is going to preach that a specific game mode was not well integrated and didn't give a return they wanted, then why should they do exactly that with an arcade PvP mode that is very disconnected to the game? Remember Lunaro? Yea, that happened.

I just don't want to see DE make the same mistake: Creating a disconnected PvP mode that dies in a few weeks.

Remember that DE does not have the resources to support modes that don't retain consistent player base.

Right.

3 hours ago, Nirrel said:

^^This^^

It was my first thought when I saw it on the devstream. I just find the whole idea ridicolous. After all this time adding new systems slapped on top of the game, never finished content that nobody enjoys and plays nearly ever, they came up with yet another one. They never learn?  I don't think this is the way to spend development time and resources. I'm really disappointed.

Likewise. As an engineer I used to work with often described boneheaded projects and useless digressions from the plan, “It’s a dumb idea, and I hate it.”

Edited by Ham_Grenabe

I hope that they flesh it out a little more and do actually develop some movesets etc. 

I would 100% play framefighter over any other pvp though so i hope we can get conclave rep for it. Would definately help the inept pvpers like myself. 

As to it being a waste of de's time.. no. It's not. Idc if youre salty your lil raids were removed or you think other things need attention more. They did say a small group of them put that prototype together, and the rest of the work they're doing is progressing as planned. If framefighter progresses to the point it becomes an actual pvp mode they might even get new players exploring the pvp side when they previously didnt. Perhaps it'd be a better use of your time actually enjoying the game 

Edited by LuckyCharm

50 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

Ok so someone posts a opinion on whether or not something DE is taking time and effort in order to create. And that opinion has zero insight. In what way does it have zero insight. I think you have absolutely no insight. Because if you knew the size of the team, the scale of the projects they do etc.. Then anyone can have an opinion as to whether or not this feature should go into the game. 

Someone putting up their opinion is not farming for upvotes. And more importantly, saying the person has zero insight and then assuming that a participant whos posting their opinion on a small, random discussion thread is constantly hoarding for likes, alright buddy those 2 whole upvotes must be an effective farming strategy. This just shows how uninsightful and inferior you actually present yourself to be because instead of actually arguing why DE should have this street fighter game mode, you proceed to just say that the user is farming upvotes etc...

This is why we cant have productive discussion here, it's because people like you think you have the moral high ground by pointing out the guy who is proficient at putting his opinion out there and having the same mindset as a large amount of the player base of this game. If you have a problem with people like Q voltage then i think it's just you being upset that youre not in touch with the frustration of groups like the raid and sects of the veteran communities

Edited by Eureka.seveN

22 hours ago, --Q--Voltage said:

If DE want's to do it, they should, if players leave because they are adding a new game mode, so be it.

Let them have their fun with their own property, branching out and trying new things can have a positive impact on the main game too, you never know unless you try.

3 minutes ago, LuckyCharm said:

I hope that they flesh it out a little more and do actually develop some movesets etc. 

I would 100% play framefighter over any other pvp though so i hope we can get conclave rep for it. Would definately help the inept pvpers like myself. 

As to it being a waste of de's time.. no. It's not. Idc if youre salty your lil raids were removed or you think other things need attention more. They did say a small group of them put that prototype together, and the rest of the work they're doing is progressing as planned. If framefighter progresses to the point it becomes an actual pvp mode they might even get new players exploring the pvp side when they previously didnt. Perhaps it'd be a better use of your time actually enjoying the game rather than waiting to for patches to drop so you can first post things to get those +1's. 

So much truth in one post

Edited by Dwolfknight

4 hours ago, RobWasHere said:

I dont think its "waste of manpower" or "wrong prioritizing" if its passionate project of 2 devs in their off time.

Lol. Sure if they do it in their spare time and than present it as a separate game and not part of warframe maintaining it separetaly on their own, on their own servers ecc. than you would be right. The moment though that you add it to the game itself there is no such a thing anymore as your time or your personal project, it will become a new "responsability" for the company. Doesn't sound very professional either that programmers do their pet project at home because they are so "passionate" about it then they just randomly add it to the game....I don't think so. If they do it, they will do it with the consent of the company, not at home in their spare time and the future maintenance of it will fall on the whole company.

Warframe needs core gameplay loop improvements, not "minigame activities" to keep players mildly amused and distracted from the problems we still have. Yeah, "wurfrum fighter" could be a pet projects of a couple of devs(it likely is IMO) but guess what? Adding new things to a software product is never free. You always have overhead: integration, QA, internal doco and of course UI & data model changes you need to do to actually make a pet project into a releasable game mode. That may not be huge but it is definitely not free.

I feel like no one is even paying attention to the fact that DE was developing a completely separate game, The Amazing Eternals, all the while Warframe updates continued to be worked on and pumped out, one of which was The Plains of Eidolon. They have the resources and the passion for their projects, without a doubt, to continue to add new systems and extras to the game at the same time. DE offers games as a service which they do OH SO WELL, there is no other Dev Team who can compare, adding little extras to the game make it more diverse and more likely to maintain a large concurrent amount of players during peak and non peak hours. From what I can see they are slowly making Warframe a one stop shop for entertainment. Wyrmius, Happy Zephyr, and Frame Fighter are all mini-game types, these are all throwbacks to arcade classics and would do very well in an actual "Tenno Arcade" if they were to ever add one into the game. Considering the art style of Venus' open-world hub/town it would definitely fit in that setting. I personally get burned out playing mission after mission chasing after the same exact items for crafting/rerolling/advancing reputation/etc, what do I do in that situation? I log out of the game. Adding extras that do not directly connect to the game, gives me something to break up the monotony and perhaps stay online and interact with other players of Warframe's Community.

I think it would be really cool if all the Warframe mini-games (and especially Fighter Frame) were playable as mobile games through the WF app. 

That would just make my life.

Either way, I desperately hope we can get our hands on Fighter Frame in some form at some point.

• 3 months later...

Warframe Fighter would be another great game mode addition to the series is they are really serious about doing it they might want to reefer  to namco's sould calibur series or mortal kombat & injustice 2 character select modes and customization of outfit and skins considering that all of that is already in warframe just add stats , hack even using the various melee weapons could be a different stance play style , secondary / primary weapons could be a time power up in during vs .

Hmmm 🤥 i wonder if warframe could have a side scroll beat them up pixel or 2d game just like zyphers flappy bird. or what's next warframe bowler ? chess ? racing ? flight battle simulator ? (wait we already have archwing -- could be improved more) spear fishing competition ? (god never again  LOL ) minecraft frame ? or a counter strike 3rd person shooter mission 4v4 to hack and secure the objective , or simple sillier ideas tetrisframe LOL , hmmm not sure if octavia should have a music beat mini game , or nidus infested experimental mad science of infested pokemon mode . 😁 well anyway good luck DE .