Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zephyr 4th or augment

YUREtheFURY

What if zephyrs tornadoes could be a charged or a channeled ability, where instead of tornadoes you could make a big aoe hurricane. I'm not sure if it would be good as an addition to the existing power or as a separate augment but I thought the idea was neat to try and bring some versatility to her.

The issue with an AoE hurricane is that you'd probably need to nerf Tornado's key power; the CC. If it was an ability that lifted everything in an area, with the same effects as currently, then it would be literally better than both Bastille and Vortex combined. Completely overpowered for a single cast.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Thaylien:

The issue with an AoE hurricane is that you'd probably need to nerf Tornado's key power; the CC. If it was an ability that lifted everything in an area, with the same effects as currently, then it would be literally better than both Bastille and Vortex combined. Completely overpowered for a single cast.

Not really. No idea how long you've been in the game but that's literally how it was back before it was reworked. She spawned 2 gigantic tornados and you could use explosive weapons to work around the obstruction... it really wasn't that overpowered and they literally increased the number and lowered the size and velocity to increase its utility... now that we are where we are, it may be a good idea to bring it closer to its original.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

1 hour ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

Not really. No idea how long you've been in the game but that's literally how it was back before it was reworked.

Only long enough that I got Zephyr day 1. And have 24% of my in-game time on her over the last four years since her release.

Hi, I'm Thaylien, one of the most active Zephyr reworkers here on the Forums over the last year or two. Nice to meet you ^^

And no, that's not how it worked. It always spawned 4 tornado funnels, unless you had the glitch that made them not separate out, and they were the same size as they are now. No, you couldn't shoot through them, let alone into them, and that was one of the most common suggestions for threads that popped up.

And yes, a single, large area CC that provides Hard CC (total incapacitation), damage and status boost to everything within that range, or coming into that range, would be OP. It's been debated at length throughout the years of rework threads, suggested almost as many times as the basic 'merge Tailwind and Dive Bomb', and it still didn't even cross DEScott's mind as a possibility.

Sorry, but there's a reason that Inaros' version of it is so lacking.

She's ok so far. 
The way I'm currently playing zephyr is basically using 4th under the enemies feet with its augment, then use corrosive ignis to give all of the 8 tornadoes corrosive to strip off enemies armor while damaging them by both the ability and ignis. So far, it's really good dps for enemies around lvl60 if you know how to play with her.

Having a tornado that left the enemies while barely damaging them is neither a good dps nor CC. 

Edited by (PS4)Yuki5e7en

Tornado is the ability I use the least. IMHO Airburst is a way better CC and thus a better ability. That said, If the control over the Tornados would be more responsive then right now I would highly reconsider my opinion of her 4th ability.  

I agree with @EinheriarJudith Ragdoll is BS and should be removed (but not the high flying blast effect from launchers)

If tornados could spawn at range radius and meet in the middle, Not lift enemies (due to targeting from others), and group all the enemies together it would be nice for divebomb..

Then if Tornados augment was Radiative clouds.. that might be OP but id like it 

But then again i like how [Funnel Clouds] works.. except id like the grouping 

[Funnel Clouds] is mandatory for using the 4th ability IMO (due to Tornados lifting)

Edited by Grimmstyler

3 hours ago, Grimmstyler said:

I agree with @EinheriarJudith Ragdoll is BS and should be removed (but not the high flying blast effect from launchers)

The ragdoll from Tornado has been removed, now it lifts and suspends enemies at a fixed level, and you can now deal damage to all enemies held by a funnel just by shooting the funnel, it even allows Crit and Status to be spread to all enemies captured in that funnel.

The CC that this brings has no actual drawbacks anymore, besides a bit of inconsistency as to how long the pick-up lasts, while the previous iteration used to spin enemies around worse than Tentacle Swarm and then launch surviving enemies or loot across the room where you often had to go find them again (since enemies that were launched from Tornado seemed to stay stunned for a proportional amount of time). Previous Tornado was almost all drawbacks to using it, with screen shake, blocking shots, horrible pathing and all for an equal duration as Turbulence (which a lot of people modded for over 50 seconds).

Funnel Clouds is definitely now more useful because of its more consistent Status procs, the improved damage potential and the sheer number of funnels you spawn, but the base Tornado kind of... doesn't have any real drawbacks to casting it now. I'm finding that, besides the consistent issues of funnels still tracking slowly and still wandering off into corners, there really isn't a downside to casting Tornado just like any other CC ability.

Even the steering, once you get used to how it works, is actually an improvement on the previous Tornado, because it more than triples the movement speed of a funnel to the point where it can even catch Infested Chargers.

Give it a try, getting used to it when you're used to the old version is interesting, but it's not a bad ability now.