Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

People want 70+ caps in rec chat for eidolon

-NEP-hypernepmension

Question

20 answers to this question

Yeah, I remember Raid guys being like that too. It's a catch-22. I dunno, do solo? I can catch a Teralyst and a Gauntalyst per night solo (though I can't go for the Hydrolist cause I usually catch the Gauntalyst with 10 minutes left for nighttime).

Just watch the timers and be ready like, 10 minutes before night. Go to recruit and watch the scroll, and whens someone says hosting, shoot a message. you can usually get a bite pretty easily if you're in the right place at the right time.

*cough*public matches*cough*

Spoiler

In fact, most of the time picking teralyst/tridolon bounty and going to public with randoms works so well I can't convince myself to even bother with the recruiting chat. In fact people there give me awful raid flashbacks.

1 minute ago, crazyN00b said:

*cough*public matches*cough*

Hide contents

In fact, most of the time picking teralyst/tridolon bounty and going to public with randoms works so well I can't convince myself to even bother with the recruiting chat. In fact people there give me awful raid flashbacks.

You must be very lucky, because 90%+ of the time, I get teammates who run builds that do nothing to speed up the capturing of eidolons much less have any coordination. I'm lucky to find a team that has either a chroma or a trinity, luckier still if the team has both if I'm not playing one of them. I'm lucky if our team manages to capture hydrolyst before the night is over.

I like playing public matches, I really do, but capturing eidolons in a team of randoms who aren't prepared makes me want to pull my hair out.

Vast majority of people in the recruit chat are tryhards but you may find an occassional "H Casual Eidolon hunt" there.

But I suggest you just go pub MM, I only do pubs and I've never encountered any toxicity there.

I have been very surprised at how efficient pugs are becoming. On quite a few occasions I've joined complete randoms and we have done 2x3 quite easily. Even an inefficient group can usually do 1x3+1+1.

My desire to build an organized group is exactly zero.

When a Trinity and Chroma are perfectly synchronized these big guys come down very quickly.

Edited by GoneBlank

70+ caps...per night cycle, lawl.

But really that's not a lot, i got a little over that and i only started farming Eidolons after the Hydrolist update, not even hardcore farming them just when i feel like it.

You don't even need to recruit for these really, if you bring the right frame the only time you might fail is when someone deliberately quits out of butthurt or if you queue up just before sunrise.

If you need the most L33T group you can still reach those numbers in no time.

Not gonna lie, I always go to Konzu and just use the teralyst bounty for queuing up, and I run 90% of my Eidolon captures with randoms.  Generally it works out pretty good, once in a while you get someone who just doesn't know, but some gentle nudging and maybe a bit of voice chat tends to help.

I think I'm leading my clan now with over 100 captures, and my ship is starting to house an entire platoon of Teralyst Articulas.

So, I made one of them the Platoon leader, put him out front, and they're now forming up into squads.

If people are demanding that you have over 70 captures to join their squad, I don't think you want to join them.  Like someone said they're probably try hards.  If you're still learning or need more experience, there are people who are willing to help and teach even in recruitment chat.  Personally I've been doing hunts mostly solo, or with friends and rarely solo since the very start.  It started with not wanting to burden others while I learn and level up my Amps, but now I'm comfortable with playing a selected few and we experiment with various strategies.  As much as I like my clanmates, I barely do hunts with them. The aggravation and the mismatch of playstyles playing in public aren't worth the reward in this case.  Not to mention sometimes we just want to goof off and do weird team combos.  With that said, we are pretty casual and we have taken low level friends and their friends to do hunts in the past.  We don't mind not being super efficient as long as people are having fun with whatever frames they want to use.

On 18/03/2018 at 7:54 PM, LightningAWG said:

...so, how are you supposed to get a chance to reach those 70? XD

my advice would be to ignore them, that's a ridiculous recruitment requirement there is really no need for that, let me ask you something, would you rather be super efficient and and capture 2 or 3 tridolons,or do 1 tridolon capture and have fun? Making mistakes, doing something else then just your (job) all the time, learning new stuff that is what you want. I'm mr 25 and i never forget what this game is all about  , not being perfect or having everything in the game,  just taking a break from everyday life and have some fun, even if it's not a perfect run at least it better be fun because those are the ones i remember the most :community:.

Edited by (PS4)TONI__RIBEIRO