Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma's 4 Should Proc a Heal Over Time

Somb3rBivalve

One thing about Chroma's kit is that health damage is essentially guaranteed to happen if you want to be getting the bonus damage from Vex Armor. Therefore, I think he should have some way to heal this damage off so that he doesn't get whittled down over time. I know there are other sources of healing in the game, but I think those should be considered supplementary. A warframe's power set should be all-encompassing with the role that that warframe needs to play, and we should not have to rely on specific items or mods to fill in large gaps with that.

I also considered that the fire elemental ward has a heal, but the problem with that is that the heal feels fairly crucial on him, but it is only available on one element. In addition, since elemental ward cannot be recast, I cannot spam the ability a bunch if I'm really low on health.

Eventually I came to the conclusion that the best way to go about it was putting a passive heal over time for chroma while effigy is up. I feel like this could promote an interesting playstyle where chroma swaps between being very aggressive and very passive. You would be able to get in close with the enemies with your dragon breath while your skin is still on, and once your health is low, you would retreat to heal. The effigy would hold everything back with its tankiness and the taunt while chroma could stay back with his gun that does more damage because of his lost health.

I know spectral scream also has to be a bit better for that scenario to really be feasible, but I thought I would go through that general scenario so that you guys could see my thought process.

6 hours ago, Galehann said:

Yeah, like he's not OP enough... He's already a good tank, a very good DPS, a buffer... right, he totally needs to be a healer on top of this.

Incoming meta for void onslaught will be easy : 4x Chroma and you're good to go.

He's mediocre at everything unless you put everything into one specific build set. No one will ever run 4x Chroma because that's a very inefficient team. Or else you would actually see those teams. 

9 hours ago, Galehann said:

Yeah, like he's not OP enough... He's already a good tank, a very good DPS, a buffer... right, he totally needs to be a healer on top of this.

Incoming meta for void onslaught will be easy : 4x Chroma and you're good to go.

To me, being a healer would infer that you heal other players, but I only ever suggested that chroma would heal himself. I also think the heal over time should be pretty low compared to someone like oberon. It would just be something to keep him from being whittled down over time, not a large burst of healing. 20 health/sec unaffected by power strength would probably be enough honestly.

Also, the problem with 4x chroma on void onslaught is that he has no room clearing powers, so I don't think we would see that kind of meta emerge from this change.

9 hours ago, RobWasHere said:

Fire elemental ward should do this along with increased health.

My argument was that this should be something available no matter what element you have chosen, not just fire. I view it as being that essential to his kit.