Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Open World Concept] Blight of Dysnomia - The infested moon of Eris

DeadNexus_

Seeing and interacting with survivors would be nice and help them with their survival. But I would like mission were given and assisted by the survivor, instead of meddling Lotus.

I'd like to add mission suggestion, Reclaiming and expanding territory.

It's an endless mission where wave of enemies coming after another, but after few wave, more area will be opened up and you can operate ship modules to assist and buff you.

On 23-3-2018 at 5:12 AM, Faaaiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee said:

Seeing and interacting with survivors would be nice and help them with their survival. But I would like mission were given and assisted by the survivor, instead of meddling Lotus.

I'd like to add mission suggestion, Reclaiming and expanding territory.

It's an endless mission where wave of enemies coming after another, but after few wave, more area will be opened up and you can operate ship modules to assist and buff you.

That could be a pretty cool idea, maybe this would fit more for an actual new Infested mission type were you start in a certain part of the map and a thick mist of Infested spores and when you beat the right amount of waves in that area the mist grows thinner in some places, meaning you have more ground to walk on while more and more enemies appear. Could be fun for sure but still needs some work before we could call it a ''finished concept''.

vor 29 Minuten schrieb Faaaiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee:

What about multiple 'towns' in separate areas, each with their own use or benefit. The reason being the scarcity of materials/ food/ need for big town to be established. This might help separating PoE feeling of 'really big tileset'.

Nah only 1 City, thats enough...it would be too much. This shuld be just a 'DLC' 

Edited by (XB1)KabaEistee

18 minutes ago, ALEKS_D_RAVEN said:

Needs more eldritch abomination surface.

also Dysnomia is so small it probablty isn`t even spherical, very low gravity, low surface insolation ( guaranteed frozen surface planet with very thin atmosphere ).

The infested organism may have done something similar to making it "habitable". As habitable an infested moon can be haha!

Edited by (XB1)BigLithuanian

1 hour ago, ALEKS_D_RAVEN said:

Needs more eldritch abomination surface.

also Dysnomia is so small it probablty isn`t even spherical, very low gravity, low surface insolation ( guaranteed frozen surface planet with very thin atmosphere ).

Yeah, I explained that after the impact the surface has really changed and got its own ecosystem which completely revolves around the Infested. The spores thickin the atmosphere to some extend and it feels grafity works just like the broken ship tilesets. Maybe I should note that down as well.

3 hours ago, DeadNexus_ said:

Yeah, I explained that after the impact the surface has really changed and got its own ecosystem which completely revolves around the Infested. The spores thickin the atmosphere to some extend and it feels grafity works just like the broken ship tilesets. Maybe I should note that down as well.

I think you should embrace the moon as it (probably) is PLUS Massive Infestation.

Open world with low gravity and stifling COLD atmosphere - such dense atmoshpere wouldn`t be permament on such "litle rock" for more than 500 years but still it for sake of game time it can.

If Desmonia is similar to Eris that means it has Huge Albedo, wery bright white surface reflecting most of sun rays, but any infestation would lover significantly that albedo thus making the moon warmer than Eris. But don`t get hopes on that, it still twice farther than Pluto. Teraforming mars for breathable earth is mroe probable than this. But even on earth people can survive in harsh enviroment.

Edited by ALEKS_D_RAVEN

WOW !!!!

This is a very thorough presentation of an idea for Warframe. I also had ideas about a Open World (infested faction) location for Warframe, which draws inspiration from the movie franchises of "Alien" and "The Thing (1982)" films.

Well done, Tenno! 

9 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

An infested planet, hmmm...? Now where have I heard of this before....?

Oh right.Image result for brethren moon

Cool idea though, I always thought an Eris-based Infested open world would be neat

You know, I wasn't quite thinking of the Brethren when I was reviewing his work on Dynomia (I almost thought of it as a sort of "post-extinction world" where, after the apocalypse, life spreads to fill all the missing niches and begin anew from the old), nor when I was creating Eris as a "Chaotic hell-scape of billions of different organisms living and perishing in a crucible of mutation and evolution"(Think of a constantly changing jungle where even the trees will kneel over and rip your head from your shoulders if you don't duck. .. or run from them when they uproot themselves and charge.)

Hm. . . . . .I'm almost tempted to say a brethren could be what the future of a golem could be, if we leave it alive long enough. A sort of derelict swamp made of hundreds o different ships, all re-purposed to suit it's needs. Thrusters ejected from the main mass to fire, hull-plating layered like a carapace, perhaps even "siege loogie" launch capability, not unlike what slugged Cetus.

• 3 weeks later...