Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tenno Focus: Madurai thoughts.

KaristonsWrath

Madurai was what i was initially drawn to in the Second Dream. The ultimate was amazing as you become a death gaze that destroys things by looking at them. After the War Within quest, I found the focus to be pretty bad.

Zenurik has ability buffer for Warframes and some light crowd control. Unairu has more defensive power and can specifically lower the damage of some enemies for a duration. Naramon has some must have perks despite being "stealth" and it feels like some of them should belong in a fighter tree. Also has mild crowd control tho not as much as the others. And lastly Vazarin has Crowd control, supportive barriers and mild regeneration.

Madurai just fees like the odd one out as instead of dealing damage with extreme prejudice, It feels more like a meme when you hadouken and keep the tyres and light the fires. Considering most weapons can be incredibley broken [as well as the amount of utility the others have] it seems redundant.

Phoenix Talon/Phoenix Spirit: Its fine as is, a general damage boost. Tho maybe make void damage count as both physical and elemental so it gets affected by both.

Inner Gaze/Eternal Gaze: Fine as is, tho it should affect operator energy itself too. If you want to make him a fighter, let him use his "unique" abilities more often.

Void Radiance/Void Strike Void Siphon: Radiance is the same but Void siphon makes more sense for a fighter. I was thinking make it siphon the armor of nearby enemies (to a limit) and regenerate 1 hp/s per enemie affected. Tho this new perk would increase void cost mode by 4 per second given the nature of it.

Flame blast Distortion blast/Rising blast: Rising blast remains the same, ans the only thing with Distortion blast is it does void damage instead. As well as giving you a weapon for when your amp/beam is out of energy, it does void damage so it can be used on eidolons and sentients at effectiveness. All the other ones in other classes are more utility so let this one do raw damage. The only change i suggest is make yourself unable enable to go into void mode when charging the blast itself.

Blazing Dash/Meteoric Dash Fissure Dash/Cascade Dash: Fissure dash i imagined similar to Blazing dash except it does void damage and will "pull" enemies lightly to be in the centre of the dash (effectively zoning them into a funnel). The applications for this are far more useful than the weak napalm we had before. Cascade dash is another story. Each enemy hit i was thinking grants 1/2/3/4/5 stacks of "Ablative armor" for each enemy hit, which when you get hit grants 1 second of damage immunity (to a limit and does only stop 50% of the strike itself). This would encourage you to be a tennno more to use your abilities for damage as you cant take a single hit in high levels before being disrupted. As a downside for cascade dash, your warframe is affected by transferrence static 25% more

The reason i decided to write this is because if you dont talk about it, its not going to get fixed. I have talked to a few other veterans who just thinkt he operator sucks. So I say make them more godlike and able to be viable compared to warframes themeselves. The current rendition of Madurai pales compared to the other schools. The waybound passives/abilities arent worth the focus. I did have other perks in mind for this i will list below for clarity. If DE is reading this, please give this some thought as its meant to suggest and not demand. "Dont provide a problem without a solution"

Thoughts for other perks (tho should add equal amount of perks to other trees. Not good at that tho as i tend to be a damage minded player):

Focused Gaze: (Waybound) Increased crit chance/damage for Amps/Beam

Pheonix Rising: (Waybound) Operator death causes you to feign death and go into void mode for 3 seconds [free] 1/2/3 times. (at 50% operator hp)

5 minutes ago, KaristonsWrath said:

I can honestly relate. To makes things worse its a madurai operator i have been using. but if its not talked about, cant be fixed right?

When I first chose my focus class I chose the healing one and realized my mistake too late because I wanted Madurai(so I got a Madurai lens and worked towards getting it) when I got Madurai I made it powerful as h*ll because I maxed out its damage and duration. I put a lot of work into it and now Madurai went from a great focus class to probably one of the worst(if not the worst) because of focus 2.0 and while it's nice to have extra damage, the cost of the extra damage was a whole different fighting option made obsolete since I will have to put in a lot of work to make my Operator good again and I don't see it as worth it. 

3 minutes ago, (XB1)BigLithuanian said:

When I first chose my focus class I chose the healing one and realized my mistake too late because I wanted Madurai(so I got a Madurai lens and worked towards getting it) when I got Madurai I made it powerful as h*ll because I maxed out its damage and duration. I put a lot of work into it and now Madurai went from a great focus class to probably one of the worst(if not the worst) because of focus 2.0 and while it's nice to have extra damage, the cost of the extra damage was a whole different fighting option made obsolete since I will have to put in a lot of work to make my Operator good again and I don't see it as worth it. 

What? Madurai was crap in Focus 1.0. I've maxed it then and it was meh compared to other schools. Now I'm rocking it and one-shooting Eidolon's shields down.

2 minutes ago, Soldier1312 said:

What? Madurai was crap in Focus 1.0. I've maxed it then and it was meh compared to other schools. Now I'm rocking it and one-shooting Eidolon's shields down.

I only used Madurai in 1.0 and I only purchased and upgraded duration, damage and cooldown. It was good at killing sentients and some other enemies but I didn't really care about having the best Operator.

8 hours ago, KaristonsWrath said:

Inner Gaze/Eternal Gaze: Fine as is, tho it should affect operator energy itself too. If you want to make him a fighter, let him use his "unique" abilities more often.

That, my friend, is called Zenurik. You can spec into that and get more base Operator energy and faster energy regen from the Waybounds.

In fact, there's more:

8 hours ago, KaristonsWrath said:

Void Siphon: Radiance is the same but Void siphon makes more sense for a fighter. I was thinking make it siphon the armor of nearby enemies (to a limit) and regenerate 1 hp/s per enemie affected.

Vazarin's waybounds increase base Health by 250% and add 4 Health per second regen at all times.

Most of your issues with Operator Survivability are done by the Waybounds, it makes them faster (Naramon), tankier (Unairu and Vazarin), and more able to use their abilities (Zenurik). If you actually want to deal more damage with your Operator, it's likely not going to happen until maybe after The Sacrifice quest (because that may explore Operator powers more), or until more Amps are released. DE want to make sure that Operator damage does not outstrip actual weapons to keep the relevancy of the original mode of play.

Utility wise though, the options you're looking at for Crowd grouping, Armour Stripping and even Damage Mitigation are done by the other schools. You aren't going to get Armour stripping/boosting onto Madurai, because that's something Unairu does, you aren't going to get 'pull a group of enemies together while damaging them' because that's something Zenurik does, and you likely aren't going to get damage immunity phases or self-healing, because that's what Vazarin does.

I know you'd like the school to be better, but you can't just pull in parts of the other schools, you have to work on something specific to Madurai. Think about it, I'm sure an imaginative person like you could come up with something actually unique ^^

Hmmm, I agree about Madurai being a little lack-luster. I initially chose it for the damage boost, but after getting those, I've never found anything else to be really worth farming focus for. Even just reading the descriptions, they sound kinda bad. 

I'd like it if Madurai was focused on attacks that deal a percentage of enemy health. It is the only way a damage-based focus tree can really be relevant for endgame. Perhaps even something with a long cooldown that could instakill an enemy (with exceptions). I'd like to be able to switch to my operator quickly, quickly assassinate some way over-armored Bombard, and switch back before my squishy operator is one-shotted. Attacks that deal damages as percents are a very rare in this game anyway, perhaps because DE is worried of making them overpowered. Making them the Madurai signature is a perfect way to not make it too powerful, but still give a better purpose to Madurai that fits it's theme. 

Like the person above me said, adding other effects encroaches a lot into the other focus schools, so lets keep it just being damage based.

3 hours ago, KaristonsWrath said:

i dont understand why its in a stealth tree of all things [the melee combo counter one]

I think that's because it's not 'stealth' it's 'rogue', like the RPG type. Good with melee, fast movement, opening for attacks with the dash and faster XP gain when using the class speciality weapons.

45 minutes ago, KaristonsWrath said:

Then the fighter isnt a good fighter, no splitting their armor, no dishing damage as much as taking it.

Naramon does 'split armour', the dash opens up enemies to Finisher attacks, which bypasses all Armour and Shields and attacks Health directly, one of the most damaging functions at high level that you can get. But a Rogue isn't a fighter for taking damage, they are for avoiding it, by being faster and quicker, in that it's evasion and mobility, not stealth. Skill over brute strength.