Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rush Haters

Tingnok

I normally hate rushers, really hate them.

But in this case? Yeah, can't blame 'em. Why wouldn't you rush in this event? We're doing game modes that are being ditched because they were so bad (Lol'ed) and there's no point farming for mats or xp or whatever because you can do that when the events not active.

i play all styles, all depends on my mood and warframe, but the design to only get points by rushing as fast as possible is a flaw.

They could make combo points instead, rush(capture) 1pts, capture + kill 100 2pts, capture without alarm going off 10pts.

i soloed most of this in the beginning for fun, did about 20 ie over 60 missions in total before i had enough rushing :)

I did my personal void missions instead to get some more primes, and got both orthos and paris prime so all in all i think i made a good choice :)

take it from me I was a #1 rush hater (not jealous, just hate)

back in the day rushers cost you tons of stuff

1 - affinity by not killing mobs and breaking open crates when team was not around leaving them to despawn

2 - credits, both from not searching/clearing as well as from early extraction (this was before the 50% rule)

3 - mods, again not killing mobs, and most rushers never marked mods that did drop

basically if you are still leveling up and working your way through unlocking the solar system, having rushers in your cell is just ruining a large part of the game (rushing through it and not even really getting to experience a majority of the content)

all that said.... this event, and most other previous "events", are completely different

rushing is THE ideal way to get the most points for the event as fast as possible

now just last weekend DE gave us a dbl-xp event, obviously there the goal was to get more xp, so rushing really didn't make a lot of sense, heck most ppl farmed defense maps of some kind specifically to take advantage of the event

but arid fear is about completing missions and getting the rewards at the end, so rushing makes total sense

not to say you cant make a group that wants to slow-roll through the event, more power to you, but it will take MUCH longer to get points, and additionally, many tenno want those progress bars to CLIMB, slower missions equals LESS missions which means the slower ppl go, the greater the chance of failure in the end

I dont want to fail this event, so i am going to be rushing when im doing the missions

As someone who like Volt's current design, personally is a jack-of-all trades when it comes to playstyle that being - I rush, explore, slow-approach, and atmospheric approach (Think Infested, dark map Dead-Space pace.) as well as solo, co-op (2), full group, and farm...

I do have to say I hate the fact this Event basically has pinned me back into Rushing and on a repeating tileset, I mean, I get free CV keys at rapid fire pace if I simply say "Volt - Endless Speed w/ maxed duration spec'd" in Recruitment. Went from 3 points solo'd, 5 points co-oped with a friend at a slow pace over about an hour.... to exactly 70 points at the moment in about an hour's time.

Which I find preferable as all the ship designs were starting to run together back when I started, nothing unusual or special about them - so at this point just rushing these last 30 as well so I can get back to mod collecting, exploring the void, things I actually might naturally choose to do. Though I can't deny on the same token it's not forcing me to Rush, plenty of supposed time to finish at a slow to brisk pace -- but then again I could easily go to sleep right now and wake up tomorrow to find out the event is over early given DE's history : and really don't want that -_-

Well for me everyone plays different.sometimes rushers aren't a good idea but for this event its a great idea.And the way i see it no matter how fast they go you can always follow the bread crumbs and still get your stuff.its all just a matter of preference.I would never tell anyone how to play their game cause i would'nt want someone to tell me how to play mine.

Edited by mikey72

Playstyle depends on the objective. Normally, I play speedkill (kill everything while moving forward to extraction, no room clearing) but in this event I just pick my Loki and rush like the wind while farming for cipher and datamass (solo, I don't want to bother anyone if I could help it).

I just solo rush, not waiting at elevators for the kids that can't figure out slide dashing. I like clearing out everything usually, but in an event like this the more keys the more points. I don't bother with the defence missions, i would rather farm 30 of the same item rushing and catch the other mat later when its on another equally easy run through mission. But Iron skin makes this more than a cakewalk.

Depending on what someone is aiming for, rushing may or may not be the most efficient way to complete their goals.
Rushing is usually the best strategy for getting end-mission rewards and farming rare materials/blueprints from bosses, whereas slowly playing through a level is better for finding common material.(and required during rescue missions)

This event, like the majority of the game falls into the category where rushing is the fastest way to complete one's goal(s).

The only problem that I have which even relates to rushing is how slow players are always complaining about how they get themselves stuck behind and don't complete the objective fast enough.

The gameplay itself pushing you into rushing for best results. Regardless of wether or not you like it, mmo and non-mmo with any sort of progression sysytem will push players to try and be the best.

Rushing is optimal for time vs reward.

So if you gonna band with people there for a reason (which on alert or keys online you are) you should either be doing the same or least no complaining.

I think it's really hypocritical of you "rush haters" to hate rushers at any other time but not in these events. And the reasons you gave are the same exact reasons why rushers do what they do. You say that you just want the points and to get the grind over with as soon as possible. But why do you think the rushers do it in every other non event mission?

You are hypocrites.

I normally don't condone rushing, but in this case it is a race against time (between alert times, chasing down scouts, etc) and it's the easiest way to earn points. Besides, how you seen how powerful those elite corpus rifles are? Hell no I'm not fighting 15 waves of those guys when I can just invis run by them.