Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fish Trophy Stuck Behind Wall

Draggaggiggo

So as the title states, I was thrilled to have finally earned enough standings in Cetus to buy all fish trophies and hang them up on my wall in my quarters. Due to the recent change to how decorating works, however, I was having difficulty trying to place the trophies as flat as possible on the walls without it clipping oddly.

By misclick, I accidentally placed a Fish Trophy onto the wall with the entire backboard of the trophy behind the wall. This was obviously not what I wanted, so I tried to move the trophy out, however I was unable to select it. I tried removing the trophy instead but it didn't work either. Usually there is a red aura that indicates what I've selected to interact or remove, however the trophy being half-stuck made it unable to be interacted with at all. Now I have an uneven, clipping, and poorly placed fish trophy permanently glued to my wall that I am unable to change.

Anyone knows a solution I have yet to try? If not I really hope this is a bug that will be fixed soon, because I dislike clipping decorations and I just really want to hang up all my trophies without that issue.B8CC5192273E63780FB59D5DB6AB4288A1D25D09

I've nothing in the way of a fix or solution, but thought I'd add that I too am having the exact same issue after pretty much the exact same process.

fNx4HxO.jpg

I kind of appreciate the modern artistic statement of a fish embedded in my wall, but I'd much prefer to have control of this trophy back.

• 2 weeks later...

same problem and its very annoying im not a big fan of this decoration update to begin with and this isnt backing it up.  would really appreciate if the older version was brought back in a way but for now i guess we gotta live with fish stuck to our wall lol.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/6/2018 at 3:08 PM, NymphaSomnii said:

Same issue as stated above. :sad: 

Only difference is that I have all the trophies stuck on my walls. *Insert Clem here*

ALL OF THEM!? Lol gezz well I really hope DE gets to fixing the box detection of these trophies.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys, I may be a bit late but I found a fix if any of you need it.

Stand on the Void Relic segment, and have your Warframe's back facing the wall/corner. Once there, go into the 'decorate' setting. This should have the camera spawn outside the room where you can access these stuck decorations and remove them.

This method currently works, tested it 3 minutes ago.

EDIT: Step by step with images - https://imgur.com/a/2n38WIt

Edited by REKTifier_
Added step by step gallery

On 2018-05-19 at 3:30 AM, REKTifier_ said:

Hey guys, I may be a bit late but I found a fix if any of you need it.

Stand on the Void Relic segment, and have your Warframe's back facing the wall/corner. Once there, go into the 'decorate' setting. This should have the camera spawn outside the room where you can access these stuck decorations and remove them.

This method currently works, tested it 3 minutes ago.

From how you phrase it, it sounds like it should work but where exactly do you stand in the corner near the Void Relic segment? I can't exactly get my Warframe's back facing in the direction without leaving a small gap that it forces the camera up instead of back. Can you provide screenshots or images of how exactly you got it to work?

For future preferences, I really hope they fix this issue so we wouldn't have to force the camera out of intended bounds just to fix decoration mistakes.

5 hours ago, Draggaggiggo said:

From how you phrase it, it sounds like it should work but where exactly do you stand in the corner near the Void Relic segment? I can't exactly get my Warframe's back facing in the direction without leaving a small gap that it forces the camera up instead of back. Can you provide screenshots or images of how exactly you got it to work?

For future preferences, I really hope they fix this issue so we wouldn't have to force the camera out of intended bounds just to fix decoration mistakes.

Did you stand on it? Either way, here's a step by step, NOW WITH PICTURES!

https://imgur.com/a/2n38WIt

Edited by REKTifier_