The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kronen Prime Stats NEED A BUFF

cookieknife

57 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

You act like it's a complete new kind of weapon when it's not.

No...that's you making an assumption about what I'm saying and thinking...

I'm well aware that Kronen P is a blinged and supposedly buffed version of Kronen. As I said, the stats we have now are highly likely to change with the melee rework.

1 hour ago, IceColdHawk said:

People don't like paying lots of bucks or grinding their days for a mediocre small upgrade of an existing weapon when every other prime is a significant upgrade.

As I said before, there's a massive balance for melee weapons coming soon. You all might want to put down the pitchforks and torches and lower your voices a bit and wait to see what transpires.

1 hour ago, cookieknife said:

dude. its a matter of numbers how can you look at a weapon and not see if its good or not by looking at the stats?

How something performs on paper does not necessarily equal how it performs in the wild. Even slight differences in stats can amount to fairly significant buffs when mods are factored in.

1 hour ago, cookieknife said:

especially with what we've had before.

If you're referring to the fact that Reach doesn't seem to affect Kronen, - or Tonfas in general - then that's something that needs to be fixed and I'm in favor of that.

From my tests with the Kronen Primes (I bought the Prime Access), it does have a unique effect but I’m still trying to understand what it exactly is.

Apparently enemies killed by the Kronen Primes cause them to explode via a miniature “airburst pop,” making their body parts fly all over the place. Haven’t seen this effect proc any form of CC, stagger, or ragdoll unto nearby enemies (unless Corrupted Heavy Gunners have some form of CC resistance). Limbs projected from the burst may injure nearby enemies, but I can’t exactly be too sure about it.

Overall, I’m starting to feel that this is purely cosmetic. Can anyone comment with regards to this?

27 minutes ago, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

From my tests with the Kronen Primes (I bought the Prime Access), it does have a unique effect but I’m still trying to understand what it exactly is.

Apparently enemies killed by the Kronen Primes cause them to explode via a miniature “airburst pop,” making their body parts fly all over the place. Haven’t seen this effect proc any form of CC, stagger, or ragdoll unto nearby enemies (unless Corrupted Heavy Gunners have some form of CC resistance). Limbs projected from the burst may injure nearby enemies, but I can’t exactly be too sure about it.

Overall, I’m starting to feel that this is purely cosmetic. Can anyone comment with regards to this?

I am guessing it's bugged right now. With such small stat increases, I would think Kronen Prime would have a great passive to make up for it. AoE explosions on enemy death would be nice. (Like Combustion Beam) AoE explosions on enemy death that SCALE would be great! (Like Acid Shells or the Jat Kittag mod) Hopefully its the scaling version and it's meant to do damage and CC and hopefully it's just a bug preventing both from happening, otherwise.... A cosmetic explosion would just mean it's Mastery Fodder.

1 hour ago, TheGrimCorsair said:

It's almost like they didn't release a super strong melee weapon 'cause they know there's gonna be a huge shake up of melee weapons in the near future. Hmm.

near future? no they dont know what theyre going to do with melee. giving us a weapon with bad stats is not ok even if we get a buff in a month. its easy to just bump the numbers up and call it a day.

2 hours ago, (PS4)lhbuch said:

What should been buffed was its low range not been affected by reach mods. 

A weapon with high slide dmg with such low range does not make any sense

see the thing is if it wouldnt have had awful stats people wont deem this only slide damage. sovereign outcast has throws in every combo. high range 

4 hours ago, Mintaro said:

I wonder if they have a hidden passive? I don't have them but I wonder if that would be the reason why the stats compared to the normal variant isn't as grand.

I'm hearing that is has 6.0x slide crit multiplier?

near future? no they dont know what theyre going to do with melee. giving us a weapon with bad stats is not ok even if we get a buff in a month. its easy to just bump the numbers up and call it a day.

Have you ever considered it might because everything else is getting lowered to about that level?

Just a thought.

Edited by Cryptix123

1 hour ago, Cryptix123 said:

I'm hearing that is has 6.0x slide crit multiplier?

Getting tired of this misinformation that got spread on reddit. The only 6x mult is that tonfas in general have a 6x slide multiplier in terms of calculating the base slide damage stat. Which is Base damage x 6. This is why Kronen "Prime" has 6 more spin attack damage or how Ohma has 600 spin on 100 base damage.

8 hours ago, Fishyflakes said:

Guys it has a 5 Riven disposition.

Go get a Riven and go get rolling :facepalm:

I'm not sure if you're trolling or if you genuinely think this is a reasonable response. Nothing in warframe should ever be balanced around rivens because rivens have too much rng involved in getting specific stats.

9 hours ago, SteamlordD said:

No really, CO hybrid. Blood Rush. They're great.

Except that I could do that on the Ohma and get more out of it. Or even the Telos Boltace.

Primes are supposed to be as good as or better than existing weapons in their class. Otherwise there is no reason to get them.