The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove timer for baro in relay, or remove baro spam bot..

EvilDarknessAlien

4 minutes ago, NeithanDiniem said:

But there is zero reason to remove either of them... they are doing nothing to harm your experience.

Bad experience region all second the bot spam baro in 3 days 2 days 1 days 5 hours ... bored with region.

Edited by PhoenixShadowEvil

1 hour ago, PhoenixShadowEvil said:

Bad experience region all second the bot spam baro in 3 days 2 days 1 days 5 hours ... bored with region.

You DO understand that the bot response was not there when baro was first added and people asked in region MORE than they do now, right? The kiosk was always there, the bot was added later. If your chat experience is that frail I suggest avoiding chat altogether.

3 minutes ago, PhoenixShadowEvil said:

People abuse the spam for baro in region, end.

You do know there's a filter in the chat, right?

Just click the looking glass icon in the upper corner. Type Baro in the text field. Pick exclude (instead of include, which is default). Click add.

Voila, now you will not see a single chat message containing the name Baro ever again. Problem solved.

You can easily filter out as someoone mentioned. Even though I would not be opposed to have his timer moved into navigation alert tab, just like his regular announcement is when he's here, would be more accessible to newbies and would introduce them to ducats, when I started playing I had no idea what ducats were until I met someone who mentioned them in a relic mission, was also kinda a waste of relic rewards picking because new players don't know that different reward tiers give more amounts of ducats aswell.

3 hours ago, (XB1)Solargeo said:

Just add a timer on the Orbiter.  While it would probably be annoying to code for DE.... I think. it would solve this spam.

They added resources to the map and people still ask. They have tutorial popups and people still ignore them and ask anyways. I no longer trust other people to notice obvious information in Region.

1 hour ago, NeithanDiniem said:

They added resources to the map and people still ask. They have tutorial popups and people still ignore them and ask anyways. I no longer trust other people to notice obvious information in Region.

But people like abuse the spam when baro...

Why the rule No profanity No spamming, not is valid for baro?

Edited by PhoenixShadowEvil

32 minutes ago, PhoenixShadowEvil said:

But people like abuse the spam when baro...

same thing. diniem's point being even if you give something obvious like a timer in your orbiter or whatnot, people will still ask. deleting the when baro will just results in people asking anyways, just in a different manner.

just, exclude the word 'baro' would you? i do this for 'god' in trade chat and it works wonders i tell you.