Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shrine of the Eidolon: Hotfix 22.16.5 + 22.16.5.1

[DE]Megan

@DE — I tried to take the MR 25 test today from my Orbiter and there was a weird hitch on the loading screen. When that faded out, I was back in my Orbiter, and the test was set on cooldown for 24 hours. Any thoughts on this? 

Also of note, a friend of mine also became eligible for MR 25 today and they went to practice on the Kronia relay — After finishing a round of practice they also found that they couldn't take the qualifying test.

On 3/24/2018 at 1:01 AM, 01thanatos10 said:

pls fix reload calculations from mods 2sec re;oad with a -30% mod should be 1.4secs and with the +55% riven it should be 3.1 not 4.5 the riven is actual increasing the reload time by by over dbl what it shows 125% vs 55% its have 2.27X the effect  

@01thanatos10 

I can't see what your riven's stats are, only what the Arsenal UI says, but I don't think there's anything wrong with reload time calculations there. 

Reload Speed is not precisely the same as a reload time reduction, though there's a definite relationship. Yes, if you reload faster, you take less time to reload. To make a simple example, suppose you jog 90 feet. You move along 10 feet per second, so it takes you 9 seconds total: 

90 / 10 = 9.

Now let's up your jogging speed by 50%, so you move at 15 ft/s:

90 / 15 = 6. 

Understand here, that your 50% Jog Speed increase did not translate to a 50% reduction in travel time. Were that the case, then your original 9 seconds would go down to 4.5 seconds. It's the same with the Fast Hands mod, which gives +30% Reload Speed (not -30% Reload Time!). Your reload time is essentially calculated by:

BaseReloadTime/TotalReloadSpeed = EffectiveReloadTime

I'll lay it out clearly. Tiberon has a base reload time of 2s. You start at 100% Reload Speed (unmodded, kinda like how Warframes all begin at 100% Strength/Efficiency/Duration/Range -- except you, Nidus! :wink:). Keeping in mind that Fast Hands gives an additional 30% Reload Speed, it comes simply out to this: 

2s / (100% + 30%) 

= 2 / 1.3 = 1.53846154

And that's rounded to 1.5s reload. I'm not sure if you mistyped, but if your riven actually gives -55% Reload Speed instead of +55%, then you'd have:

2 / (100% - 55%)

= 2 / 0.45 = 4.44444444

Which looks pretty close to the 4.5 that you see with the riven. It's more likely than not in my mind that your riven hits your reload speed a teensy bit more than just 55% (maybe closer to 55.6%?) and that gets you to a point where rounding has you seeing 4.5s as your reload time. I hope this helps solve the mystery!

On 3/23/2018 at 4:38 PM, nickl3188 said:

When are raids coming back

another Raids post....

On numerous Devstreams we have mentioned/discussed the future of Trials. On Devstream 75, Scott mentioned “We are looking to repurpose existing Raid content to make the game mode accessible for lower-level players while also preparing them for this end-game content as they continue to progress.”

"This is NOT the end to Trials. Our Designers have put in an incredible amount of blood, sweat, and tears into creating, fixing, and maintaining Trials. Not to mention the blood, sweat, and tears YOU as a Community have put into them! The upkeep of the Trials in a world where so many bigger plans are in motion are taking much needed brainpower and time."

"We welcome this thread as a home of constructive feedback to where you would improve Trials (Raid School Bus I’m looking at you)! We have some top-level ideas to revisit in the distant future in terms of a redesign, but welcome the ideas of a 2+ year mechanic that a good amount of Tenno are familiar with."
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"It doesn't really come as a surprise than less than 2% of players (on PC) completed the Trial missions in that time. We've heard the devs talk about how the Trials offer a low return on investment (for the developers, not the players) and as a result Trial development is currently on hold."

zbC8BWp.png

**Post Script: I'll bet dimes to dollars at some point in the future, the Warframe community and moreover the Raids community we will all hear of it in coming news and events First Hand in announcements as such time as DE feels is necessary and warrants a Reboot. Post there (on the link above) if you have an itch mate! Defo no offense intended.

On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 2:21 PM, Ham_Grenabe said:

This was an intended change - the passives icons no longer appear on the UI. The passives themselves should be working as usual.

thank you for clearing that up

On 3/24/2018 at 1:39 PM, -Reylik- said:

@DE — I tried to take the MR 25 test today from my Orbiter and there was a weird hitch on the loading screen. When that faded out, I was back in my Orbiter, and the test was set on cooldown for 24 hours. Any thoughts on this? 

Also of note, a friend of mine also became eligible for MR 25 today and they went to practice on the Kronia relay — After finishing a round of practice they also found that they couldn't take the qualifying test.

I can't see what your riven's stats are, only what the Arsenal UI says, but I don't think there's anything wrong with reload time calculations there. 

Reload Speed is not precisely the same as a reload time reduction, though there's a definite relationship. Yes, if you reload faster, you take less time to reload. To make a simple example, suppose you jog 90 feet. You move along 10 feet per second, so it takes you 9 seconds total: 

90 / 10 = 9.

Now let's up your jogging speed by 50%, so you move at 15 ft/s:

90 / 15 = 6. 

Understand here, that your 50% Jog Speed increase did not translate to a 50% reduction in travel time. Were that the case, then your original 9 seconds would go down to 4.5 seconds. It's the same with the Fast Hands mod, which gives +30% Reload Speed (not -30% Reload Time!). Your reload time is essentially calculated by:

BaseReloadTime/TotalReloadSpeed = EffectiveReloadTime

I'll lay it out clearly. Tiberon has a base reload time of 2s. You start at 100% Reload Speed (unmodded, kinda like how Warframes all begin at 100% Strength/Efficiency/Duration/Range -- except you, Nidus! :wink:). Keeping in mind that Fast Hands gives an additional 30% Reload Speed, it comes simply out to this: 

2s / (100% + 30%) 

= 2 / 1.3 = 1.53846154

And that's rounded to 1.5s reload. I'm not sure if you mistyped, but if your riven actually gives -55% Reload Speed instead of +55%, then you'd have:

2 / (100% - 55%)

= 2 / 0.45 = 4.44444444

Which looks pretty close to the 4.5 that you see with the riven. It's more likely than not in my mind that your riven hits your reload speed a teensy bit more than just 55% (maybe closer to 55.6%?) and that gets you to a point where rounding has you seeing 4.5s as your reload time. I hope this helps solve the mystery!

Man, good thing you were here to explain the math of how mods etc work in the game to the developers and programmers.

I wonder Digital strem Why do good adventures like the internal war or the second dream Etc. If the people of Latin America do not understand anything and if they say then read the translation of lotus devajo then either I do the adventure or I read can not be done at the same time Because 80% of Latin Americans do not know English And another thing Lotus Repeats so much the same thing that starts to stress a little Then please change that about the dubbing It takes time But if you can please please If someone can pass this to digital pass it please

New Problem: Sometimes when I go from my tenno form back to my warframe, I can't shoot, use abilities, switch weapons, change to tenno again, I can only type, and sometimes not even that. My warframe animation also doesn't move with my mouse view, only way to change where my warframe is looking is aiming down sights.

On 3/26/2018 at 9:15 PM, SpicyDinosaur said:

Man, good thing you were here to explain the math of how mods etc work in the game to the developers and programmers.

I was explaining it to a person who seemed confused about why their riven was causing them to take longer to reload than they expected, and why Fast Hands wasn't reducing their reload as much as they expected. It wasn't necessarily for the devs, sorry if that wasn't clear. I'll go back and fix that.

Archived