Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Endless Kuva Survival & Kuva Guardian Changes!

corpuskiller20

EIkWABh.gif

Nice workshop.

In regards to the amount of Kuva/Harvester (even if it's still placeholder/subject to change ™ ) 200 seems like a good number vs time "invested".
As you stated, if you want Kuva quicker you can run the siphons.

Oh and the Kuva guardians change is a nice QoL bonus!

Thanks for all the info Sheldon. I have though one big question: While this will adress the issue on Tauveni, what happens with Tamu, the Defense node? The thing we protect is a huge Kuva tank, logic would dictate we should be able to gain it there too no? It's just that I find that node quite cool and with unique mechanics and it's such a shame to see it go so much unused :(

i admit i had issues when i did war within, it took me a minute or so to read the prompts to disarm the gasbags.

but, well i never forgot it and i find it easy and interesting to have steps to make certain enemies vulnerable to damage.

if you gave one a Ton of HP and allowed it to pick back up its staff to regain its invulnerability it would make a decent boss fight.

nope.... cant have non friendly mechanics in a game anymore..

30 minutes ago, [DE]Sheldon said:

Please ignore the Clem transmission in place of new Lotus transmissions for completing a Kuva Harvester

Nooooo, can't ignore, we want Clem doing all transmissions from now on!

Now looking at the Kuva rewards the same way you look at Excavation missions does make sense, but you guys are proposing defense while also having to deal with the Life Support issue and sacrificing air for Kuva and defense objectives. That's an extra layer of complexity, risk and resource management that a mode like Excavation doesn't have.

If anything that is my argument for tweaking the Kuva drop rate and either scaling it upward as the mission progresses or just increasing the flat rate in general, but I know you guys can only increase it so much before you've essentially made regular Siphon missions obsolete and worthless.

11 minutes ago, qxDUCKxp said:

Question: Does a resource booster double the amount of kuva dropped?

*Developer note: Deciding to make the Kuva be a physical Koolaid bottle-looking drop allows for Resource Boosters and Smeeta Kavats Charm to apply! 

I sure hope this turns out good. One thing I miss is doing 1-2 hour long survivals back during the golden age of void keys. This isn't the void which I much prefer since its so aesthetically pleasing, but this might be reason for me to try pushing myself as far as I can for maximum kuva.

Man, could you imagine a 2 hour kuva survival session with a void fissure going on? :laugh:

people really need to be rewarded for going further or as it stands running an *endless* mission just means enemies scaling and you risking to disconnect while not being rewarded properly for it. Spamming the mission every 5min is less risky and grants the same reward as trying to stay there for more than one milestone. 

Consider adding a small amount after every x towers completed please.

Edit: You also need to consider the diminishing returns on life support pods spawns as time goes on. 

Its Amazing overall but kuva reward not scaling when the time goes by doesn't make it endless, time you put in should make the reward go higher. it doesn't have to be hourly scaling, to really make it endless people need to do it for like an hour and feel like this is worthwhile staying the whole hour|

Please reconsider the scaling mechanic, i know you guys target the casual players and want to do right by them but for a fact i know a lot of people who wanna do endless runs but they don't do because the rewarding system in the game doesnt scale well. Endless kuva could fix this with a good scaling mechanic 
just a humble request,

nicce workshop sheldon!  

You guy realize good Survival players don't need to pull Life Support at all for the first hour right?

Having the Kuva give Life support doesn't make sense and nor does none scaling rewards.

You claim it's to keep in line with other endless mission rewards... Well those are bad. So Don't. Having the Kuva version give NO Life Support but increasing the Kuva gained for each Siphon creates a proper Risk Vs Reward scenario between keeping the mission going or chancing a Kuva reward is a real decision with consequences which is something this game severely lacks.

This is just going to be players killing until they need a normal life support boost and instead then leaving.

5 minutes ago, Pizzarugi said:

I sure hope this turns out good. One thing I miss is doing 1-2 hour long survivals back during the golden age of void keys. This isn't the void which I much prefer since its so aesthetically pleasing, but this might be reason for me to try pushing myself as far as I can for maximum kuva.

Man, could you imagine a 2 hour kuva survival session with a void fissure going on? :laugh:

Now that you mention this: Add Kuva Fortress to Neo/Axi ages. Damn, I want a non Uranus tileset every once in a while :')

Looking good, but please make kuva amount scale with time, otherwise there is no point in doing long runs that many vets love. It would make us actually invest time and effort so that we can get better results, something that current system lacks.

If rewards won't scale then im afraid that players will just do short runs on repeat, and that gets boring after a while.

Great changes. But,

1. I agree with the comments of "endless" being pointless if kuva amount received doesn't scale with match time/enemy level.
  2. Please kindly give us more uses of Kuva :)
  3. Please make the Kuva Guardians drop more/better rewards as they scale in level. Actually this one applies to almost everything ingame.

Thanks Warframe Team!

Yep, going to have to agree that there should be an incentive to stay longer. We already have scaling endless with relics, why not with kuva? It should less be a middle ground between siphons and floods (which are quick injections) and something where value is equal to player skill and time investment.

Archived