Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Endless Kuva Survival & Kuva Guardian Changes!

corpuskiller20

Just now, VenomousValentine said:

Registered users =/= playerbase

Think how many of those are abandoned dead accounts when you compare it to the steam statistics.

this argument is irrelevant a guy asked who is leaving another replied wats ur point for this?

I dont have a problem... Community wanted endless kuva, they got it. Everytime community gets something they dont like... Its a people are gonna quit, drama thing. Heres the thing... Other kuva missions aren't changing. The endless kuva mission wont effect gameplay at all except that people have an option for endless kuva. 

So if players quit because DE listened and created a mechanic to give them what they want without effecting the rest of the game... Good riddance.

that graph means nothing. October was right when the plains hype was at its peak and is when the plains update went live.

There hasn't been a major content patch since then so its only natural to see a drop off of players. Just watch, when the sacrafice goes live that graph will be showing 100k+ daily players again and then we will watch it go down to 50-60k players 3 months after that. Its the way its been going for like 3 years.

4sRPD6l.png

look at the chart over the last 2 years. its 100% normal.

in fact warframe has gotten a boost to the overall average of players since the plains released up until now. So no, warframe is not dying its doing better than it ever has.

Oh yeah one more thing:

please change siphons/floods in endless game types such that each rotation, another siphon appears. That's honestly what I was hoping for originally when asking for endless kuva, so that'd be a reasonable and easy request.

Yeah, Deathmk56, I was all for scaling Kuva rewards, but your attitude alone has almost made me switch to the other side of the argument. You have to understand that you're on a thread which has the implications of being a feedback thread on a developer idea. People come here to voice their opinion, and have a discussion. From what I've read, you're the one who ramped up the discussion into a disrespectful argument.

I can guarantee you that right now, there aren't many people in this thread who are viewing you as a good guy. Just hold your peace, and let others make a fool of themselves instead of stooping to their level.

players who aren't interested in endless seem to not want those who are have any kind of satisfaction out of it because to them endless players will be getting an advantage if they are compensated for there efforts wen the players who do endless are sacrificing time valuable time and a whole lot of effort for nothing I mean y even have the content it serves little to no purpose to the way things are rite not and the general concept being displayed

2 minutes ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Yeah, Deathmk56, I was all for scaling Kuva rewards, but your attitude alone has almost made me switch to the other side of the argument. You have to understand that you're on a thread which has the implications of being a feedback thread on a developer idea. People come here to voice their opinion, and have a discussion. From what I've read, you're the one who ramped up the discussion into a disrespectful argument.

I can guarantee you that right now, there aren't many people in this thread who are viewing you as a good guy. Just hold your peace, and let others make a fool of themselves instead of stooping to their level.

i'm sorry u feel that way bro but as history has shown many times peaceful protest have away of being swept under the rug if u want a real change u have to be willing to go all out crushing all who oppose with logic and facts

Actually, now that I'm thinking economics a little bit more, I don't think visualasing kuva drops per extractor is the right way to start things off. More a "time investment" vs "reward" thing. And then I thought to myself: what amount of time to I think reasonnable for this kind of thing?

And then compared to other somewhat similar mechanics in the game. One is relic endless in survival missions. We get aside for farming void traces, we get a reward every 5 minutes (well sometimes 2 when it also drops a relic we want, but we all know we don't really take these into accounts). I'm not sure of what I'm getting, the drop rate can make for some unending frustration until I got what I want. 

That's how rivens should feel, and not "I'm not gonna bother with that coz I got a life to live at some point".
So this is why I brought up relic farm in survival: after much thinking, I'm in the "If I stay there 5 mins, I should be able to do a roll on a maxed out riven." Because if it takes really more than that, I know I won't bother. Reminder, more often then not, we need tens of rolls before getting a satisfying drops. Even if a team stays one hour, that would be 12 rolls. It's not that much, oh no it's not, every who rolled some rivens know how quick 12 useless rolls (or worse) go.
The thing is, do I want to spend 10 minutes on a single roll? Apology for profanity, but p.utain de m.erde trop pas

As I said earlier in the dicsussion (but it went swallowed up in the wake on another conversation in the thread), and here I'm directly talking to you DE devs, if you lowcap kuva gained like this, nobody's gonna bother more than a few times to try it and say "yeah, whatever". if you are getting to such low numbers because you know that getting decent kuva amounts would sink siphons and flood into irrelevancy, there is a simple solution: kuva survival is activated when you do a siphon. If you do a flood, double rewards but it starts at lvl 100. More endgame, siphons & floods remain relevant, kuva drops can get much better (i.e to an acceptable level), everybody wins! 

Plus, I don't remember who said it, but in a longrun survival, you stick together because splitting up messes with spawn, messing with spawn means less life support, and with this kind of mission design, splitting up risks becoming a necessity to go to the extractors, unless playing like a tank composition moving together at all times (which is pretty complicated when you play with randoms). We'll see hw it turns out, but I'm afraid this factors will make the mission endless in theory, but with a hard cap on durability in practice.

And also there is another thing that worriees me with the missions as announced: Two frames will be mandatory: Nekros to ensure life support, and Limbo to efficiently protect the extractor at higher levels because Frost bubble might not be so great higher up and Gara's wall is not likely to be able to keep up. That "mandatory" thing always bothers me.

Theoretical team comp

Limbo small bubble 60s+ 

At least 1 desecrator nekros

Speedva with max enemy radar (host)

Free space / hydroid

Limbo protects kuva with minimal iterference

Nekros keeps up the life support

Speedva forces enemies to get to you faster, ive noticed she doesnt work right if youre not host, same with using enemy radar to manipulate enemy movement.

Droid can pilfer for even more life support

19 minutes ago, Morkislair said:

Actually, now that I'm thinking economics a little bit more, I don't think visualasing kuva drops per extractor is the right way to start things off. More a "time investment" vs "reward" thing. And then I thought to myself: what amount of time to I think reasonnable for this kind of thing?

I really like ur idea its wat I've been saying y make a way of getting kuva harder than the existing way if only to get less kuva doesn't any of the Dev's see how hard rolling for 3500 kuva is especially wen ur rolling with bad rolls on end and u do 5mins and u cant even roll a caped riven, I mean just look at all u have do endure y would anyone even bother wen doing multiple siphons are easier quicker and rewards better, regular siphons will still be all around better because theres completely no benefits to this harvester even adding all the complications/difficulty just to get less than a siphon ur basically only getting a tileset that is always active with kuva and that's clearly no real incentive

lets see a vote of all who wants to stay longer do more take on increasing difficulties on a map that's trying its hardest to kill u yes even the map is against u all while protecting and keeping life support up for less kuva than ur already getting.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Boomstickman98 said:

I do feel that the game could also do with more options of just acquisition of items overall as well. That said, let's start here. Kuva could scale, it could be buffed to maybe 300 per extractor or something like that, etc.

my idea was after a hour or so it could be bumped up to like 600 and cap or up a 100 every hour but I like ur idea too some scaling needed

1 minute ago, Deathmk56 said:

my idea was after a hour or so it could be bumped up to like 600 and cap or a 100 every hour but I like ur idea too some scaling needed

perhaps it adds an additional 50 kuva for every 20 minutes spent in the mission for a start. So each extractor will give 350 per extractor at the 1 hour mark for example, then 700 at the 2 hour mark, etc.

14 minutes ago, (PS4)Boomstickman98 said:

perhaps it adds an additional 50 kuva for every 20 minutes spent in the mission for a start. So each extractor will give 350 per extractor at the 1 hour mark for example, then 700 at the 2 hour mark, etc.

yea that could work atleast that would have some incentive to go further, I mean rolling rivens is a pain wen ur over like 100 rolls and still nothing good u basically just want to buy but then the prices are so insane makes u start hating rivens so I would think DE could be a bit lenient and allow those with the skill to have a little easier time with rolls given that we would be putting in extra hours and effort to obtain mass kuva 

also would reward those who basically want to show off there skills and builds obtain from hours of playing just owning there mastery of the game. it would be a lovely change of pace

Archived