Dev Workshop: Endless Kuva Survival & Kuva Guardian Changes!

Or Add Kuva Excavation instead of Kuva survival?Kuva Excavation would work exactly like the normal ones but with an increace of kuva per excavator making it more worth the grind then normal missions.The problem is that (if i remember corectly) there is no excavation mission on the kuva fortress thus making it a bit difficult to make.Still id rather se a kuva Excavation rather then the survival with life pods kuva.IF DE will stick to implementing it in the survival map then that game mode needs to get a lot of changes starting with the mob spawns and life support capsule health (in lategame survival it will surely get 1 shot by the enemys).

No Scale -> No Play!

It is that easy. increasing the amount every 10 min by 50% of the innital value still doesn't give us too much kuva if you cap it at 5000/ tower.

Starting at 200 -> 10 min 300 -> 20 min 450 -> 30 min 675 and so on until we hit 5k per tower at which enemies will be onshoting them.

At least then it will be fun.

Whilst I like the idea of endless kuva and the scaling (which does need to happen). I'm actually OK with 200per node on the proviso that all enemies have a chance to drop 5/10 kuva on death. 

That way we can kill happily for as long as we want, whilst using kuva siphons and because of the chance to drop kuva also along siderunning the siphons and floods. 

Every enemy in kuva fortress regardless of should have the chance to drop kuva at the same level so we at least have some reason to go there. 

Even add kuva into the spy rotation on the fortress like how they did the dual stat mods, not everyone likes survival so a bit of variety for gaining kuva would be nice. 

3 minutes ago, (XB1)Tyreal2012 said:

Whilst I like the idea of endless kuva and the scaling (which does need to happen). I'm actually OK with 200per node on the proviso that all enemies have a chance to drop 5/10 kuva on death. 

That way we can kill happily for as long as we want, whilst using kuva siphons and because of the chance to drop kuva also along siderunning the siphons and floods. 

Every enemy in kuva fortress regardless of should have the chance to drop kuva at the same level so we at least have some reason to go there. 

Even add kuva into the spy rotation on the fortress like how they did the dual stat mods, not everyone likes survival so a bit of variety for gaining kuva would be nice. 

yeah, i could see that working as well

My two-pence:

My main concern is the "collection" of the "cool aid bottle" because that would means either the squad need to stay close, or you miss out on the kuva because some squad member decide to start the 2nd or 3rd off other area of the map, without notifying the rest, without marking the location, while taking away our life support. (the location marker disappear once it's harvest complete...)

As current Siphon and Flood, you get the kuva disregard of whether you void dash to collect or not, therefore i think it should stay consistent with that system. The concern for booster is really a non-issue since Smeeta charm and booster works exactly how it is intended as of now... so why shouldn't it works with the endless?

And regarding the amount i understand the idea of wanting to keep consistent with existing excavate mission type, but we have an added element here in survival which is health support, while excavations doesn't. So if the enemy level increase, while life support drops reduce, i think its fair that the kuva reward increase, as a reward for higher risk and a more challenging game play.

Enticing player to stay longer for better rewards, or else might as well not call it "endless"

If scaling is really a concern for you, then perhaps a better way to implement this is to do it on a defense mission type. Every 5 wave you get the same rewards, and you can keep going until you are done (but i would increase the number here) 

Someone mentioned earlier a crucial down side of survival, which is being force to stay until others want to leave, or quit and loose all rewards.... That was never fun. Please consider that factor too.

Cheers

Agree that enemies should be able to drop small amounts of kuva, or another idea would be a sort of oxium osprey enemy that is guaranteed to drop kuva in quantities of 7-12 like oxium.  Grineer don't have osprey's naturally so it would be something else with some self destruct mechanic but that would greatly help with the amount of kuva you're getting per half hour, hour, etc. etc.  

The way the math works out no one is going to do long kuva survival runs for hours because you're better off doing the siphon/flood grind as you get more kuva doing so.  If we could lock in stats on rivens this wouldn't really be an issue, instead we have people like a friend of mine who put in over 150 rolls into a single riven who still don't get the roll they desire.  

On 3/22/2018 at 1:10 PM, [DE]Sheldon said:

• Kuva awarded per successful Kuva Harvester does not increase as the Endless Survival mission progresses. Our intent is for Kuva Survival to mimic the mechanic of Excavation/Defense with the intensity of Survival.

So there is basically no point in staying more than 20 minutes in this mission since the challenge/reward routine is pretty much non-existent. You can do a simple Kuva flood in less than 3 minutes and get 1.2k kuva without risking losing it while defending a life support tower for a whole minute with tons of the best Grineer units shooting you in the face all the while their level only raises. Not only the whole reward/challenge thing is gone but you guys are also designing this mode to be another one of those "have this specific squad" modes while the players need to cheese the hell out of the mission.

2800 Kuva for 20 minutes of survival. 

Not the kind of returns I was hoping for, especially not when most of my rivens take more kuva than that to roll. I still think the Kuva reward should increase gradually for each life support module you sacrifice. 

Oh great, turns out I actually got NOTHING thanks to a bug. 

AND ITS BUGGED AND WONT GIVE YOU THE KUVA AFTER SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETING THE MISSION 

DE WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO US!?

15 minutes ago, momoner said:

Bug with bosster 2x1600(in tow missi) an i'm dosen't have the kuva in the smith or in inventory (second try for locking for its tad real the bug)

Same...

Waste of 25 minutes.

Endless Kuva?  On the Fortress? It's about time.

*gets flashbacks to 50 kuva per filter on stream*

*dies inside*

0123497CFAE79A23DD880064BC33470B4859210D

15 minutes, 2200 Kuva... I'm not sure how I feel about this, it seems quite low.

Especially when we got to keep ZERO Kuva, of the 2200.  "Inventory issues", amirite?

At that rate, it's 5 minutes per 733 Kuva.  To reroll a riven at 10+ rolls, 3500 Kuva is required.  That means that we're obtaining Kuva at a rate of 25 minutes per reroll.  With a booster, it's 12.5 minutes per reroll.  With a Smeeta Kavat, it's anywhere between 6.25 - 12.5 minutes to reroll, depending on Charm's RNG.

This is not a sizeable improvement over the current rate of obtaining Kuva.  And it's certainly not worthy of being called 'endless' Kuva.

What seems to be quite a waste about this addition of endless Kuva, is that there's no increased reward for going longer.  If the Kuva Filter gave 100 extra Kuva per filter, every 20 minutes, that would be great.  As in, 0-20 minutes drops 200 Kuva per filter, 20-40 minutes drops 300 Kuva per filter, 40-60 minutes drops 400 Kuva per filter, etc.

Because currently, this is not endless Kuva.  It's 'go x amount of time until spawns and capsules slow down or enemies scale to be annoying/slow the mission down, and reset'.  There's no reason to go endless, no reward for sticking it out.  Just like every other starchart endless mission, a waste of a mode that could be truly 'endless'. 

How about that everything will stay the same, but every 10-20-30 minutes kuva station will give bigger ammounts of kuva, like 1k-2k-3k or something (more or less) ? So, you will be rewarded, but you need to stay another 10 minutes to get it. Until then, 200 kuva per station

While scaling kuva should be implemented i also belive enemy spawn rates should be changed, especialy when moving from room to room. When i tested solo kuva survival right after it dropped I did 3 runs however i couldnt go past 15 minutes mark. Everytime I moved ASAP from life support to another one to get kuva enemies always fallen behind. I needed to wait for 30-40s till they started spawning which means around 30-40% life support was wasted. This needs to be fixed.

Le 26/03/2018 à 19:45, Deathmk56 a dit :

I really like ur idea its wat I've been saying y make a way of getting kuva harder than the existing way if only to get less kuva doesn't any of the Dev's see how hard rolling for 3500 kuva is especially wen ur rolling with bad rolls on end and u do 5mins and u cant even roll a caped riven, I mean just look at all u have do endure y would anyone even bother wen doing multiple siphons are easier quicker and rewards better, regular siphons will still be all around better because theres completely no benefits to this harvester even adding all the complications/difficulty just to get less than a siphon ur basically only getting a tileset that is always active with kuva and that's clearly no real incentive

Now the Kuva Siphon is out, all bugs aside ... Well I really hope someone wanted to do an early April's Fool and get us these 200 kuva drops. 
Again. EVEN WITH A RESOURCE BOOSTER, this is so SLOW I'm not gonna bother. 

FIFTEEN minutes for a single reroll with a resource booster. Who thought people would like this? That it would be enough? (Also, the Fortress massive nerf doesn't help. I would really like survival starting at level 100 accessible through a kuva flood).

So far 200 seem lack little unless u have booster or charm buff but i will said that this feel like middle of siphon and flood so congratz Sheldon on that balance but still it just feel well ... "Ok", the reward is somewat fair but i rather do this with 250/300 base rather 200, and like other said no point in doing pass 20 mins and i know DE dont want us to do more than 20 mins too, and this only work if u have a "decent" team to keep kuva flow "non-stop" 

In conclusion, i will only do this if 1) have a team for this 2) flood spawn on assasinate/ceres/ice planet other than that no point doing this, reward need a little boost to make this apealing more also Fortress enemies hit like a truck now they spawn rate is x2 :crylaugh:

Like did they even see the 23 pages of replies?

"We listen to our community"

I get wanting to try it out and see what would happen, but is it not obvious?

Literally any semblance of scaling would turn this mission from a 4 to 11.

It could be gaining 5 more Kuva per siphon up to a cap of 250-300. I'd be happy with anything that scales.

Just give me a reason to stay rather than leave, the lack of challenge is TEARING ME APART LISA!

21 hours ago, (PS4)Boomstickman98 said:

That was with Nekros factored in, try again tenno. I have noticed that rng makes it unviable, hence what i said.

I don't know what survivals you've been playing, but let me say it in another way. Over the last 100+ hours of survival that I've played with a high range despoil Nekros, I've only had to activate life support once. Often we're overflowing with life support to the point where there will be 3% life support missing and somebody vacuums up 3-4 life pods, so 17% just vanishes into the void. However, it doesn't matter because for the whole duration of the mission, the only time I ever see the life support drop below 80% is because we're running to extraction and thus we're not killing things.

Two steps to great success in Survival:

1. Bring Nekros and a few weapons that can cut up corpses
  2. Join with your fellow tenno to become a roving ball of blades and bullets that leaves nothing behind but an endless trail of health orbs.

Follow those two simple steps, and you'll never have to worry about running out of life support unless you're also the type of person who literally never gets any drop you're looking for out of relics, even common ones.

The sacrificing life support gimmick sounds great on paper, but it will not accomplish the "endless kuva" goal.

Reasons Why:

Enemy spawning gets bugged(stops or decreases by a large amount), if you move around too many different tiles. So dropped life support will not be obtainable after an hour or two. So the life support capsules which we are supposed to sacrifice are our only source of continuing the mission. Which defeats the purpose of endless kuva.

The amount of kuva is absurdly small. It needs to be 4 or 6 times more to justify the time spent compared to regular kuva missions and flood.

The Solution:

Either fix the bugs or make kuva a dropped resource and abandoned the life support gimmick.

why dont you simply let kuva drop >at the kuva fortress< from >kuva fortress grineer<?
*and scrap the endless kuva survival idea again?

it is an overly complex excavation survival mobile defense crossover hybrid. Instead of the "Reward"-screen at the end of the mission an "injury award"-screen should pop up.

as rewarding "and fun" as the new gamemode is for now: "Thank you for nothing". I have no intention to visit the beautiful M.C.Escher tileset yet.
back to siphons/floods, back, into the orbit of the kuva fortress.

Edit: and even IF people play the overlay complex excav surv mdef crossover hybrid game mode, because it is "exciting, fun and rewarding". they still dont care about the rest of the available nodes with the other mission types, which are available at the kuva fortress.

Archived