Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Endless Kuva Survival & Kuva Guardian Changes!

corpuskiller20

The Kuva endless is out, that's cool and all but there are so many problems with this type of mission.

Map design: Can't really complain about the map since it was made way long time ago, and it would takes alot of times to fix and change. But the map is so confusing for me to find a way to the next capsule, even with the objective indicator.

Capsule: First, the spawn timer for each capsule takes way too much time. With normal kuva mission and resource booster, i can easily earn around 3k kuva in 10 minutes, sometimes even less than that. But for such a long timer in endless kuva, it would take around 15 minutes or even more so in order to get 3k kuva, with the booster on. I mean, the fist like 5 minutes when the endless mission start kuvas comes in really quick. But as the time goes on, it would takes ages to earn 200 (400) kuvas in such a slow progress.

Second, 95% of time we can only protect 1 capsule at a time, that was no challenging at all. The capsule has 4k health, which really is a lot. Even i was playing solo and enemies' lvl are 100+, 1 hour+ in. I can still protect capsule with half-hearted effort and can't even go to the next capsule cause the spawn timer is a joke. So with a 4 players party, we were dying of boredom.

Third, The are so many stuff on my screen, I don't even know what to look at. Mini-life supports are all over the places, Kuva Catalysts are all over the places. Especially mini life-supports and capsule symbol are so similar to each others I can't even find a way to the next capsule. 

And finally, sometimes 40+ minutes on, the Kuva Catalysts decided to stop working. Me and my teammates was running around every capsules like idiots and the Kuva Catalysts just wouldn't care to turn normal capsule to kuva harvester. But I still can press X (pc) to active life-support though, so that's something.

So please, with all of those above, could you make it enjoyable for us to do this type of mission? Like decrease the timer for capsule so we can protect multiple one at a time. Or increase the kuva value to 350~400 (without resource booster). Hide the Kuva Catalyst indicator drop from screen, after all of capsules available at the moment had turned into kuva harvester. And PLEASE change to colour of mini life-support to different one compare to the real capsule.

That's all I have to say, otherwise than that, this new mission is really fun. Thank you for reading.

i'd just like to suggest changing the reward table for the kuva fortress survival into a tier 4 one or even better make it like the derelict survival drop table and maybe get rid of the repetitif useless amount of credits on rotation A (for all mission nodes after The index for that matter) would make it a viable place for both kuva and relic farming.

it just doesn't feel right to get 1 relic + some change + a bunch of mods we have plenty of duplicates of in a 30min run.

also i only tried the mission a couple of times but i didn't encounter any bailiffs nor their eximus version, do they spawn in the survival mission? if not, can you add them? :D

You guys created something amazing, my brother and i ran it duo only today for like 30 minutes without having no life support problems ( no body ran nekros/hydroid) Nicely built spawn rates, that is the challenging kind of mission i always wanted in warframe, you guys are really going down the right direction.

Once again most of the people in warframe or in general (including me) need some sort of incentive to keep going in an endless mission so reward scaling is needed it doesnt need to be anything big but scale it and cap it around 400 kuva around 1 hour. so people would be willing to go a little bit longer on that game mode. 

I will nevertheless play this game mode because it gives an amazing feeling because it is surely well built and executed!

Thanks DE! 

In terms of scaling, I'd prefer for rewards to increase gradually with each harvester than for them to increase by time. Say, boost rewards per harvester by 20 kuva. After five harvesters, you'll be earning 300 kuva for each. After 10 harvesters, you'll earn 400 kuva for each. So on and so forth. It would make long runs much more rewarding. Right now there's very little incentive to run more than 20 minutes at once. 

3 hours ago, MrMarouane said:

i'd just like to suggest changing the reward table for the kuva fortress survival into a tier 4 one or even better make it like the derelict survival drop table and maybe get rid of the repetitif useless amount of credits on rotation A (for all mission nodes after The index for that matter) would make it a viable place for both kuva and relic farming.

it just doesn't feel right to get 1 relic + some change + a bunch of mods we have plenty of duplicates of in a 30min run.

I gave exactly the same suggestion. Hopefully others will speak up also. The tileset/node itself should be rewarding on its own, especially when survival has worse rewards than all other endless missions, save ODS.

Not sure if this was mentioned in the thread earlier, but do people that are afk/dead still get rewards? Cause if they do I have done a couple runs now with people that just at the beginning of the match just die and do nothing the entire time so we are left with 3 in party with mobs for 4. Not too hard but I do not these types of people to get rewards for all of our hard work. Hope this is addressed if they are because I can see this becoming a problem where people are just afking at the start and leaving the rest of the people to do the work. 

I know this happens in other modes (sorties) but with this rare resource this issue should be addressed sooner than later. 

1 hour ago, Darksin85 said:

Not sure if this was mentioned in the thread earlier, but do people that are afk/dead still get rewards? Cause if they do I have done a couple runs now with people that just at the beginning of the match just die and do nothing the entire time so we are left with 3 in party with mobs for 4. Not too hard but I do not these types of people to get rewards for all of our hard work. Hope this is addressed if they are because I can see this becoming a problem where people are just afking at the start and leaving the rest of the people to do the work. 

I know this happens in other modes (sorties) but with this rare resource this issue should be addressed sooner than later. 

Its aready a problem

10 hours ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

Instead kuva survival endless... How about kuva mobile defense endless...no life support. Just pick up the kuva key... Go to said console... Activate it... Protect it for like a minute or 2, rinse repeat.

Or Kuva spies, hack into the vaults where Grineer stores Kuva...

14 minutes ago, Rin-senpai said:

50 per every 5min was be more ballanced, i think...

0-5 :200 (600)
5-10 250 (750)
10-15: 300 (900)
15-20: 350 (1050)
etc...

S'all good to me, just as long as we aren't getting 200 Kuva for defending a 4k health extractor from level 100+ enemies.

14 hours ago, Darksin85 said:

If they remain dead/afk for long enough, the game negates any payout they would've received. Thing is, if you don't stay long enough, the AFK timer won't trip and cancel their pay.

18 minutes ago, NinjaKitsune56 said:

If they remain dead/afk for long enough, the game negates any payout they would've received. Thing is, if you don't stay long enough, the AFK timer won't trip and cancel their pay.

Don't you only forfeit rotation awards while still collecting drops?

So I'm loving this new kava survival.  I would like to see some scaling, if even a super small amount.  Even more I'd like to see some variety.  Any chance we can get some endless kava missions on the other tile sets as the fortress moves through the solar system like the siphon missions??

So, ran a few Endless last night. From what I've gathered, the Kuva rate is between 225 and 250 per minute after 30 minutes, while a Siphon is 200 per minute. That's not AS bad as I first predicted, but the point still remains. Even if I'm making 1k less Kuva for Siphons, but I can complete all my Siphons faster, why play Endless actively? If I have the option to order a pizza from somewhere and making one from scratch, why should I put extra effort into making the pizza from scratch if the quality of the pizza would only be marginally better than that of Dominos' or Pizza Hut?

However I've now another concern, one others have said... Because the harvesters can be destroyed and reward no Kuva, it pretty much forces us to play certain frames. I've been playing Limbo to protect the tower, had a Nekros getting us life support, and a Trinity for healing, with a 3rd being any random frame. When an Excavator is destroyed, we are still rewarded Cyrotic, just not the full 200 we would normally get from the completion. On top of that, we have power cells that allow us to constantly "heal" the shields, making them easier to maintain.

I would suggest any of the following
A: Add scaling to C rotation, that way we are incentively to go longer. Endless missions are suppose to be missions we run for long periods of time, right? And while yes, the amount of Kuva rewarded is slightly more than that of Siphons over the same amount of time, alot of people will run the Siphons/Floods they have up at the time, meaning by the time they get done, they'd only have 15 or so minutes. That's barely worth an endless run.

B: Allow us to still receive Kuva if the tower is destroyed, just not at the full 200. This would ease up the need for Frost/Limbo/Gara, Nekros/Hydroid, Trinity/Oberon parties (Though obviously these parties will still be the meta).

C: Make the towers easier to maintain. Maybe Kuva Cells can heal the tower? Maybe healing frames can give a reduced heal to the tower? Maybe the tower has more armor?

Given that this is obviously not a good enough reward for all the trouble y wasn't it introduced as just a kuva defence probably using the same principle of this one bring a kuva canister to a defence pod on the kuva fortress and defending it. Would have been received a lot better I think because saying it was "endless kuva" now seems like really bad false advertising, really think it would have better introduced in a defence since the route it's taken kinda doesn't make much sense

With more hands-on experience, Kuva Survival is definitely a breath of fresh air next to fatigue-inducing Siphons (needing to run missions as fast as possible wears me out) and sheer tedium of Floods.

I was concerned by rewards scaling DOWN as enemies scaled up, but with Life Support intervals standardized to 90 seconds that's less of a problem.

My biggest complaint at this point is that the Fortress tileset and abundance of Eximi (especially Arson) really highlight how blinding Warframe can be. It's hard to tell where enemies are just due to the number of bright effects on-screen at any given time!

You guys have been working to tone down the Eidolon fustercluck to reasonable levels - I would suggest examining standard missions when you have the time for it.

Archived