Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Endless Kuva Survival & Kuva Guardian Changes!

corpuskiller20

i don't need to quote all this but whatever smh.. there are less persons playing because it's useless kuva flood is way better and you will find more persons running those at any given time.... and there you go the kuva is so low that even if you spend 5 mins 10mins it will be the same just as you said less kuva... you're just a keyboard warrior nothing to do keep on typing bruh bye good night 

4 minutes ago, Lahared said:

This must be fun for you to repeat yourself. I read what you typed both times now. Not at any time did I not understand what you were trying to say. We both have our stances. Which will not change. Sorry.

Is that really the only problem you have with leaving at twenty minutes in a survival mission? The received kuva amount is the same, whether it's five minutes, ten minutes or thirty. The Smeeta Kavat  specifically is more reliable than any other companion for it's ability card "Charm." Which if again, I'm not mistaken is affected by boosters since it's classified as a drop. If they were to add resource scaling via how long you've been in a mission, people would abuse frames like Saryn for it's nearly endless damage scaling or others with mass CC. Which is not for me to decide if it would be a problem, but I do know "nerfs" or "balancing" would most likely occur because of that.

There are probably less people because they don't need as much kuva as they once did to roll their rivens.

Yeah I understand where you're coming from, and it is unfortunate that we can't find common ground.

I never knew that the resource chance booster affected the chances of getting the 120 second buff. 

do you happen to have a source for that?

7 minutes ago, Platinum said:

Yeah I understand where you're coming from, and it is unfortunate that we can't find common ground.

I never knew that the resource chance booster affected the chances of getting the 120 second buff. 

do you happen to have a source for that?

Here's the wikia page: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Charm

The only thing I'm finding is:

And there's this comment:

Fubulicious

Khora grind is a bit ridiculous, init?
2 points · 1 year ago

you need a resource booster, not a resource chance booster. make sure you got the right one.

However if not I did state:

15 minutes ago, Lahared said:

Which if again, I'm not mistaken is affected by boosters since it's classified as a drop.

--We do have common ground I just half-way disagree with the notion of scaling kuva due to reasons I've specified in earlier posts.

Because that's how updates go:

1 - release update/nerf/buff.
2 - apply some, or none, of the community's feedback.
3 - watch the community's claims decrease over time as people forget about it and move on.

when Banshee and Ember were nerfed, there were a lot of complaints. Now, you barely see any posts about those because the community has accepted it and moved on.

Tho I'm in favor of scaling rewards, I think it should only be implemented when people can extract from Survivals whenever they want, just like in Interception and Defense. Otherwise, this would increase toxicity within the community with players being held hostage in missions, as already happens in void fissures.

Until then, Kuva Survival is a mistake and never existed to me.

12 minutes ago, Lahared said:

Here's the wikia page: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Charm

The only thing I'm finding is:

And there's this comment:

However if not I did state:

--We do have common ground I just half-way disagree with the notion of scaling kuva due to reasons I've specified in earlier posts.

yeah I believe you might be wrong, I cant see anything about it being affected by the drop chance booster.

its all right though, this has been a constructive conversation, and I wish you all the best.

1 minute ago, Platinum said:

yeah I believe you might be wrong, I cant see anything about it being affected by the drop chance booster.

its all right though, this has been a constructive conversation, and I wish you all the best.

I mean there's two types of boosters.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Resource_Booster

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Resource_Drop_Chance_Booster

But yeah, you too.

The entire point of an endless mission being a node for Kuva farming is to remedy the loss of Tower Survival. Players have been asking for ages for meaningful endless content, but "Rotation C and Restart" has been the route Digital Extremes goes for recently. This applies to Kuva Survival, to (Elite) Onslaught, Defection, Infested Salvage, the list is endless.

It would have been nice to get a gamemode that gives players an incentive to have team composition and push their limits. Especially with the Riven Mod system, it makes no sense to not push players to their limit and give them a reason to invest in Rivens. I haven't farmed Kuva in over a year.

When DE answered my devstream question and said "We will have a Dev Workshop up soon", I was excited to have a real "endgame" endless mission. I read the Dev Workshop and I was immediately disappointed. I posted my feedback as I always do, and I even noticed that many players were in the same boat as me. I had hope until I read those patch notes for that update. After reading those patch notes, I still to this day haven't farmed Kuva on that Fortress Survival node.

Don't think people are necessarily asking for the rewards to scale but if anything, to increase the base reward by a bit. I know I don't feel rewarded that well for my time if I do a survival.

Thought it was meant to be more of an alternative to the node hunting opposed to a filler.

1 hour ago, Platinum said:

yeah the system is very simple. but very inefficient. 

I roll rivens on the daily. 

you get approx 400 kuva per minute with booster.

that is 9 minutes *per roll*

where as floods and siphons can be done in three minutes.

I'm just saying that it would give more incentive and challenge to the endless missions, considering that the enemy level scales, you should have scaling of kuva

I disagree with your opinion. "The point" of kuva survival as I understand it, and what is intended by the developers, is a new way to get kuva. It is not meant to surpass kuva floods, and it is not meant for hour+ long sweaty meta hugging marathon sessions.

It's like people heard about endless kuva and got themselves hyped they'd be able to get more kuva per hour than anything else, assumed it would scale for that reason and then got salty as soon as the update dropped. I think it's fine.

DE designed it to be between normal kuva.and flood. The math averages it where they designed. DE also knows people can easily break the game with meta groups. Like the 10hr survival done not long ago. A Scaling kuva endless entices players to only play one way for max efficiency and hostility to any who don't follow the meta even in pugs. DE saving the community from itself while also not letting people play one super long survival and be set for a month in loot. Yes DE caused the problem with rivens to begin with but it's obvious they rather you trade for someone's lucky roll for a ton of plat rather than roll several rivens 50 times a day for yourself.

The speed of farming kuva from survival is faster than normal kuva mission  and a bit slower than kuva flood. Which I think is a good idea coz it makes it an alternative instead of new T3S, it saves your hassle to switch between missions. If the reward scales people will again go for 1 or 2 hours run which DE has already said that's not what they want. If anything I would like a bonus kuva harvest tower every 20mins as bit of a bonus but no more than that.

17 hours ago, Platinum said:

lmfao that's not true smh IT'S PURE RNG FOR THE 120SEC BUFF ON THE SMEETA KAVART!
the seemta kavart only doubles your drop even with a resource booster so it's giving you double on your double X2+X2 
you may even end up playing 15 mins before even getting the buff from a smeeta kavart have had tha hapeened to me many runs before most time without that resource buff was 20mins

16 hours ago, Firetempest said:

DE designed it to be between normal kuva.and flood. The math averages it where they designed. DE also knows people can easily break the game with meta groups. Like the 10hr survival done not long ago. A Scaling kuva endless entices players to only play one way for max efficiency and hostility to any who don't follow the meta even in pugs. DE saving the community from itself while also not letting people play one super long survival and be set for a month in loot. Yes DE caused the problem with rivens to begin with but it's obvious they rather you trade for someone's lucky roll for a ton of plat rather than roll several rivens 50 times a day for yourself.

ALL METAS ARE DEALT WITH ALREADY WHICH MEANS THERE ARE NO EASY WAY OF RUNNING IT ANYMORE
NERFS have came into play

12 hours ago, Firetempest said:

Very much this.

Its not that "evryone forgot". Its that DE made their stance and are standing by it.

Nothing we can do when the very people who make the game say "No, it will stay like that and that's final".

3 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

Very much this.

Its not that "evryone forgot". Its that DE made their stance and are standing by it.

Nothing we can do when the very people who make the game say "No, it will stay like that and that's final".

DE doesn't experience the grind they only see what they wanna see
that's why it's so hard to find and keep new players

15 hours ago, Platinum said:

yeah the system is very simple. but very inefficient. 

I roll rivens on the daily. 

you get approx 400 kuva per minute with booster.

that is 9 minutes *per roll*

where as floods and siphons can be done in three minutes.

I'm just saying that it would give more incentive and challenge to the endless missions, considering that the enemy level scales, you should have scaling of kuva

You're doing that thing where you assume optimal clear times in every siphon mission and no loadout swap times aren't you?

16 hours ago, Firetempest said:

. DE saving the community from itself while also not letting people play one super long survival and be set for a month in loot. 

If DE wants to limit the players to play only 20-30mins in those missions, why did they create scaling missions anyway?
And you know for a fact that there aren't much persons running long endless missions #Fact even with endless relic missions.

Has anyone thought about the saying "Right tool for the job"? You want Kuva REAL fast? Do Floods. You want it but not THAT bad, you do normal kuva runs. You wanna do other stuff like level gear but get kuva on the side as a bonus? You do Kuva Survival. 

I mean, it's a great design choice. Depending on how bad you want something you have multiple options to getting it. 

So, ok, lets assume for a moment that DE puts in scaling Kuva rewards for Survival. Just do some mental math to imagine just how INSANE the scaling would have to be to earn more Kuva in an hour of Survival then an hour speed-running kuva missions. Not just floods, normal kuva missions. You get roughly 600-ish from a normal one that you can usually slam out in 5-7 minutes if you really speedrun it. 

The point I'm getting at is that Kuva Survival is not there to be the primary source of Kuva. It's a bonus, a consistency thing they put in for the sake of the tileset and the lore behind it but NOT as a way to be the main way of earning it. 

2 hours ago, (PS4)owenslim said:

If DE wants to limit the players to play only 20-30mins in those missions, why did they create scaling missions anyway?
And you know for a fact that there aren't much persons running long endless missions #Fact even with endless relic missions.

Because there are plenty of players who run for 2 hours or more as 'end game' challenge because cheesing lvl 400+ enemies is the only way they get their kicks. #nottwitter. 

Archived