Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Focus School per loadout

Jezs

Considering we often need to use different focus schools for different tasks, it would be nice if we didn't have to go to the operator screen to change them every time we switch loadouts.

Another option would be to have an operator loadout (and possibly archwing loadout) as a subset of the Arsenal loadout, so we can specify amps and operator arcanes as well without cluttering the loadout screen too much.

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/03/2018 at 11:09 PM, Jezs said:

Considering we often need to use different focus schools for different tasks, it would be nice if we didn't have to go to the operator screen to change them every time we switch loadouts.

Another option would be to have an operator loadout (and possibly archwing loadout) as a subset of the Arsenal loadout, so we can specify amps and operator arcanes as well without cluttering the loadout screen too much.

Yes oh dear god yes

• 2 months later...

The operator room is still useful anyway since youd still need to go there to actually put focus points in and make your operator look pretty.  Definately not as pointless as the "personal quarters" which doesnt even give you decorations to interact with like a chair or bed or anything. 

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Wanted to post exact same thoughts. It's not just focus school per loadout. Archwing and amp should be linked to loadouts, too.

My <Flash> Volt uses vibrant red-and-yellow Itzal for archwing. That Itzal REALLY doesn't fit my <Angel with THE shotgun> dark red-and-black Nekros with dark purple as energy color.

Any Eidolon-hunting build uses separate school and amp compared to general use.

My Inaros would like to use Naramon Power Spike, but I don't have the time to switch during the 5-10s timer someone else starts. And I don't want to leave the squad over that. That would be interupting the tempo for 3 other people, too.

Edit: this topic needs bumping every time it's off the 1st page.

Edited by Uthael

• 2 weeks later...

Simply put having to go to orbiter for different tasks, especially for those of us who run a lot of missions out of clan dojo for clan stuff... it's bad user experience.

Put it in the load out like literally everyone wants.

Usually the community is torn on stuff about what should be done what way or another but in the dozen or so threads I've seen on this literally nobody says anything but "hells yeah!" or similar.

Community wants it DE, make it happen.

Even if you want to only allow us to activate a particular school and then we can go to operator room to micromanage our schools that's still way more awesome since we all usually use different schools for specific tasks.  You could select it with a slot just like a weapon in load out, or you could even make plat on allowing additional saved custom profiles for different set ups if you say give us one and then sell the rest for 10p or something silly like that.

Edited by Klokwerkaos

6 hours ago, Nacond said:

Me too... But I would prefer the possibility to switch focus while playing. Maybe something like hold 5 or don't know... 

(but switching like you suggest would be better than the solution now...) 

Yes! Switching focus on the fly would be dope as heck! Perhaps it would have to have a cooldown on how often you can switch it? And cancelling all the existing passives and such would be an interesting thing to have (along with all the bugs that would arise from it too).

On 2018-09-06 at 12:03 AM, BoarWarrior said:

I made a topic about focus schools and loadouts a month ago but it died. Maybe this will last longer. I don't mind switching focus schools separately but I sometimes forget to switch it and that should bw prevented. With this.

Same for me Warrior, only mine was only 2 weeks ago and was included in a long list of suggestions of changes I would like to see and it died also.  I know it was because it was a long read, but this is a great game that can benefit from this kind of input. 

I'd like to see this idea implemented as well as my idea to have your current primary school symbol replace the blue focus flower on your hud so you know what your current setting is.