Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I might suck at spy missions but...

JarlN

How about you learn how to guide players before and some basic level building skills so you don't have to know before you learn?!
Nothing more frustrating than walking into a spy mission that I have no way of knowing how to attempt without failing a few times.

"Git gud" does'nt translate to achieve telepathy...

Learn to guide your players in a sensible way (I don't and won't stop and google where to go, and that might be why I might fail) so in short fix your damn game so we don't have to google every other step...

"Ah this be tricky let me google the answer because level design beyond aweful..."

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JarlN said:

I have no way of knowing how to attempt without failing a few times.

Have you played video games or learned new skills before?. This is literally how things work. Failing is a learning opportunity. Either put in the work to learn a new thing through trial and error, or seek the guidance of someone who already has the knowledge

It's almost always the same goal; dodge lasers, hide from cameras and hack interfaces but the layout changes so no-one can really tell you where to go. A vent you used last time may not always be available this time.  

more practice my fellow new Tenno first u must understand how it works then master it and only then u go to Lua spy the ultimate maze warframe has to offer with infinite lasers and %$!t

but lets forget about this last 

explore the game and dont be afraid to fail ^_^

How are you not learning yourself? From low level spy to high level, the security gets tighter but the layout stays the same. You literally can guide yourself by seeing how much more security is placed as you progress to higher spy-level missions.

hace 1 hora, JarlN dijo:

How about you learn how to guide players before and some basic level building skills so you don't have to know before you learn?!
Nothing more frustrating than walking into a spy mission that I have no way of knowing how to attempt without failing a few times.

Learn to guide your players in a sensible way (I don't and won't stop and google where to go, and that might be why I might fail) so in short fix your damn game so we don't have to google every other step...

"Ah this be tricky let me google the answer because level design beyond aweful..."

You can ... i dont know .... try to solve it for yourself ... or how do you think people did it when they released it ? . Git gud its pretty acurate response here ... more a "dont be lazy" .

1 hour ago, Elwell said:

It's almost always the same goal; dodge lasers, hide from cameras and hack interfaces but the layout changes so no-one can really tell you where to go. A vent you used last time may not always be available this time.  

The layout is restricted to certain changes. Once you get a feel of the general layout and practice on it, you'll know how to beat it with ease.

run ivara with the infiltrate augment.  lets you walk around in stealth freely and dont have to worry about laser doors for as long as you have energy and you can plan your route from there.  theres always another way in

2 hours ago, Miser_able said:

Do what everyone else does, take a moment to stop and take a look around instead or just rushing in. Use enemy radar, scanners, anything to learn the layout. 

This is without a doubt one of if not the best method for learning spy missions.  Works pretty dang well for the rest of the game too.  

' Learn to guide your players in a sensible way (I don't and won't stop and google where to go, and that might be why I might fail) ' Really? There's a big A,B and C that pretty much show you EXACTLY where to go. Use a spy cheese frame like Loki, Limbo or Ivara. I'm almost certain that early game even has spy tutorials now, either way this is really down to your lack of willing to learn than bad design.

Doesn't want to stop and Google but expects people to stop and explain... Logical I guess lol.

I had trouble with spy's at first too, then I just ran them a couple times solo and had them figured out. By the time I farmed Ivara, I could do them with my Rhino's eyes closed lol.

No one helped me, I didn't have to look them up on Google, they're easy.

7 hours ago, JarlN said:

"Git gud"

well, this is kind of what you need to do.. yes, Warframe isn't exactly clear when it comes to guiding newer players such as yourself, but if you're genuinely interested in beating Spy Vaults, here's a few tips:

Spoiler

- watch for anything that has lasers poking out of it; Cameras and Sensor Regulators (drones) use them to detect you. if you see a laser, DON'T touch it. Corpus make heavy use of bright green laser grids, some of which move around. you should observe the lasers that move and learn the timing to pass through it. same with the yellow energy fields used by the Grineer.

- stealth is your best chance. try to keep things quiet, because enemies who are alerted will run for a console and trigger the alarm, giving you very limited time to reach the vault before the data is gone. silent weapons like Bows and Throwing Knives really help here.

- check your corners, sometimes cameras on corpus Tilesets can be hidden in corners where they can see most of the room, but you can't see them right away.

- don't be afraid to explore; every vault has multiple routes that involve going over, under and around the room to reach the vault. some routes are better than others, but all of them are possible.

- purchase the 10x Cipher Blueprint from the market when you can afford it. Ciphers allow you to hack any console instantly, so at least if you make it to a console, you can cipher it and obtain the data before an alarm is triggered. they're especially great if the alarm has already been raised and you need to hack before losing the data.

if you're still struggling after a lot of practice, you could also consider attempting to obtain frames like Loki or Ivara, who's invisibility skills make Spy missions a lot easier. the reason I didn't just say "git Loki, git gud" is because all players should learn how to do the Spy Vaults (at least the basic ones) without being dependant on invisibility, using any other frame. you should also practice your hacking, because you might run out of ciphers and forget to build more (we've all done this at some point).

hopefully this helps, just keep practicing, going into spy missions and getting a feel for each of the Vault rooms. you will get the hang of it eventually, as with anything if you stick at it long enough.

Savour this time, friend. The early days of facing new, perplexing challenges and overcoming them using your own wits and wiles. If you stick it out, pretty soon you'll know every trick for cheesing spy runs and will be able to do it in your sleep. For me, any game is at its most fun when I'm new to it and it isn't holding my hand. You try, you fail, you learn, you come back better and get a sense of accomplishment when you overcome. This feeling is precious and fleeting. Look around at all the threads bemoaning the lack of end game challenge. Most players who live this game would give anything to have some new, difficult, unexplained content to work at beating.

8 hours ago, JarlN said:

No worries.  In my case, if anybody f*cks up the console room, I am used to run straightaway towards it, then switch to operator, dash around the room, reach the console, apply a cypher on it and solved.

EDIT: anyway the rooms are not random. It is always the same 6 or 7 rooms to hack.  So you could check some videos about it. It is easy.

Edited by DP_KRoM

Sorry about the clickbaityness, just had to let off some steam.

Attempted one of the spy mission alerts yesterday and got two rooms/puzzles I've seen before but not figured out and a whole new one, failed the first one and the last was being semi under water and brand new I thought I figured it out, just when "you've been detected" and got close to the console with plenty of time and turns out there's glass between me and it (taunting me) and all I can do is rush in any direction and of course I didn't make it.

Sure I get that it takes training but due to the hazards being removed after you either succeed or fail, I find it frustrating not knowing what I ought to have done differently and as the mission yesterday I got booted of the map so I couldn't learn from my mistake, that being what got me into a hissy fit.

And thanks for the tips about the warframes.

Edited by JarlN

there are only a few spy vault variants. What I do in the beginning was just slow down and observe, there is always a very easy way in. Take a invisible frame like loki or ivara for grineer ones, ivara with aug or limbo for corpus ones to a low level spy mission, then just take your time and find that weak point. Leave Lua to the last.

The once awake quest is supposed to be a tutorial mission and there is a basic spy mission without drones with the grineer tiles. The best option is to stop and analyze the map kill the mobs slowly and check all the places. Before you rush into a vault you should look around if there are enemies or not. If you have enemy radar that's help but without enemy radar you can be effective if you drop the rushing attitude what the most peoples do here. Simply look around search for safe positions and try to remain silent and hide as much as you can. Corpus spies on early levels are easy and you just need to use your timing on harder missions it needs some trick to do a good run but not impossible to do. Also on corpus spies you could use ciphers if you feel you are not so fast with finishing the hacking puzzle in grineer is easier because there is no time limit. Also there are some detectors and drones but those can only watch a side and your timing is important there. If you have good weapons with mods you can afford to one shot them then your path is clear but if you stuck in lower-medium levels then your gear and skill needs more test so you could try to do some rank test at simaris or just do low level spies to practice the moves and recognize the places. Currently there is no such a great variation on the spies so you can recognize well those combinations easily with some tries. Peoples whom using invisibility or Limbo for spies are just using the cheese so they are not great in these missions just can use the tools well. The best if you do it all by yourself with a frame with no special ability which designed for spies. You can master it and be better in spies than those whom using meta cheese.

I personally prefer the grineer spies and sometimes I am going for the Lynx but sometimes If I am tired or just inpatient I made small mistakes but most of the missions I can do without alarms. Still not the spy my favorite mission type but better if you practice. 

Get Ivara, spend the plat if you have to because if you're having trouble getting through spy missions Ivara is a necessity and you're really not going to get the frame the traditional manner if you are having trouble with spy missions. Level it up, get the augment mod that allows you to walk through lasers without setting them off, and get the mod that extends your decrypt time by 6 seconds fully upgraded. And of course make some cypher keys but really you should work on learning how to decrypt them yourself because eventually you're going to want to do sortie missions and they won't let you use cypher keys there.