Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I might suck at spy missions but...

JarlN

19 hours ago, JarlN said:

How about you learn how to guide players before and some basic level building skills so you don't have to know before you learn?!
Nothing more frustrating than walking into a spy mission that I have no way of knowing how to attempt without failing a few times.

"Git gud" does'nt translate to achieve telepathy...

Learn to guide your players in a sensible way (I don't and won't stop and google where to go, and that might be why I might fail) so in short fix your damn game so we don't have to google every other step...

"Ah this be tricky let me google the answer because level design beyond aweful..."

run spy missions solo to learn is the best way. really there is no way to "teach" on how to do a spy mission as the consoles are the main key. its kinda self explanatory when it comes to killing enemies with stealth so just wait then strike. 

i will say it doesnt help though when new players just run in guns blazing and then get mad when they lose the data, your told from jump that its a spy mission and you have to be stealthy. its why most people run them solo and for the ones that are higher skill run in pugs because they can most likely hit 2 before the other players even finish one.

• 3 months later...

I came on here because I'm very (very) new and I can't get my head around the spy missions AT ALL. I thought I was geting somewhere when I discovered how to 'break into' a vent but it didn't go anywhere helpful. I've tried the first spy mission about 4 times and can't even get started really.The A thingy I'm supposed to be getting to is behind glass, if I jump down to ground level I die immediately, on all 4 sides of the 'cube' it's in. Can't get in from above. Can't find a vent that helps. I've gone round...and round...and round...it and searched the surounding area and I JUST CAN'T GET IN. Tried watching some videos but so far haven't found one that helped.  All of the so called helpful instructions on here are for much higher level characters. Like 'oh get this warframe or that warframe'. 'Oh, use such as such (never heard of it but I'm guessing they're talking about a sentinal?'. Etc etc. So now I'm sounding pretty grumpy but I guess that's because I' am, lol. Frustrated!

Thanks for listening. 

Edited by Janetta
Added 'thank you'

Eh, we're all human and neither ourselves, or this game, is perfect.  I always PUG spy sorties and usually do well.  Occasionally I get a crappy puzzle, or lag, or knocked down randomly into a beam setting off alarms.  Sometimes I even fail.  Nobody is perfect 100% of the time.  

a few things  any player should know..

1 Dont just rush in take time to look around there is alt routes alot of the time

2 Grineer spy always look out for the drones they are they ones that will get you spotted mostly  when you run in..

3 Corpus just look out for the cameras same thing they will spot you when you just run in..

4 dont be a #ss when doing spy take a little bit more time to get to know them area's

1 hour ago, Janetta said:

I came on here because I'm very (very) new and I can't get my head around the spy missions AT ALL. I thought I was geting somewhere when I discovered how to 'break into' a vent but it didn't go anywhere helpful. I've tried the first spy mission about 4 times and can't even get started really.The A thingy I'm supposed to be getting to is behind glass, if I jump down to ground level I die immediately, on all 4 sides of the 'cube' it's in. Can't get in from above. Can't find a vent that helps. I've gone round...and round...and round...it and searched the surounding area and I JUST CAN'T GET IN. Tried watching some videos but so far haven't found one that helped.  All of the so called helpful instructions on here are for much higher level characters. Like 'oh get this warframe or that warframe'. 'Oh, use such as such (never heard of it but I'm guessing they're talking about a sentinal?'. Etc etc. So now I'm sounding pretty grumpy but I guess that's because I' am, lol. Frustrated!

Thanks for listening. 

Don't be discouraged! Spy missions can (OK I'm biased because I like the pace of them 🙂 ) be really satisfying and also a good source of affinity at higher levels. Apologies if I tell you things you have already discovered.

Whilst you will often find vents helpful keep an eye out for yellow glowing control consoles - these open up routes to the objective as well. Interacting with one brings up the hacking puzzle. For Grineer it's a timed hit of the button as the cursor moves around a disk to push the 'pointers' inward. Corpus ones on later planets have a 'join the lines up' style, but both work in basically the same way - you have a set time to solve the puzzle. Again, apologies if this is old news to you 🙂

If it is Earth you're on, I'm trying to picture which puzzle you mean as the three types will rotate as to which one is A, B etc. Does it start with a long downward slope and the vault partially submerged below and in front of you? 

One resource I would recommend if you want to see different routes through the vaults is MystMan's awesome guide on Steam at https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=587545211 however, if you want to discover them yourself don't look!

He uses Oberon just to show you can do these without any frame specific tricks, just a combination of knowing the routes and, in some cases, a bit of speed and good jumping!

Let me know if I can help with any tips - we're not on the same platform, but happy to chat about it if you like.

On 2018-03-22 at 5:05 PM, JarlN said:

How about you learn how to guide players before and some basic level building skills so you don't have to know before you learn?!
Nothing more frustrating than walking into a spy mission that I have no way of knowing how to attempt without failing a few times.

"Git gud" does'nt translate to achieve telepathy...

Learn to guide your players in a sensible way (I don't and won't stop and google where to go, and that might be why I might fail) so in short fix your damn game so we don't have to google every other step...

"Ah this be tricky let me google the answer because level design beyond aweful..."

I can tell that your the type to #*!% up the mission, because you didn't look before walking foward

When i was first learning spy mission i would do them solo, because i knew i would fail in a group and i didn't want people to start yelling at me for ruining it. t

The answer is honestly practice, the more you run it the more you will find small short cuts that lead into the room you need to hack. If you truly suck at hacking bring a bunch of cyphers but I honestly think you should learn to hack first. For corpus hacking puzzle do the outside first once they all line up then do the middle part.

You can use stealth frames to make thing easier, but just take the deep end, take whatever frame you use and just do it, learn it and you will get better and it will pay off in the long run because if you doing stealth mission in sorties, you can't use cyphers, so getting good really does pay off.

Another really good way to practice hacking puzzles is to do them whenever you are in a exterminate mission and you have option to shutt off alarm, spend some time trying to solve them as it doesn't really matter if you fail.

Edited by (PS4)VaNiDgE

On 2018-03-22 at 5:07 PM, Miser_able said:

Do what everyone else does, take a moment to stop and take a look around instead or just rushing in. Use enemy radar, scanners, anything to learn the layout. 

Or learn the shortcuts and just do it

Nowadays, most games give cookie crumbs so much, it's almost impossible to fail (even good ones like nier suffered from this). I never googled how to beat a spy vault, if you'd just take it slow, sneak around and learn the map a bit, use the scanner to see through walls, maybe you'd have a better chance to not fail.

@Broreliayou can't just take shortcuts if you don't know where/what's the shortcut tho.

Edited by (PS4)watt4hem

A few tips a couple of months later:

• Get a stealthy frame I've been using Ash lately but Octavia or Ivara can keep their invisibility going longer (don't have Loki).
  • Train in solo mode or even better get someone to guide/show you ingame (helped me alot and if/when you fail they can step in) and if all else fails google is your friend.
  • If you have problem with a certain tileset/faction/"room", try a spy mission earlier in the solar system, outside some horrible one offs (grineer sea tileset, lua, kuva).

In short t's a game mode that one have to learn and use much like archwing because sooner or later content will be locked behind it, even if it's just alerts 😕