Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Most boring frames

mosaickle

Yes, I know fun is subjective but it's because it's so subjective, I'd like to know your opinions

For me it'd be:
Nekros - I mean, you hardly use your Soul Punch, Terrify makes everything run away from you, which in Warframe tends to be the opposite of what you want (unless they're really that high level), Desecrate has literally zero 'fun' value despite amazing farm and his ultimate doesn't actually do much that keeps your brain stimulated.

Wukong - Only real 'fun' value is not dying, which isn't very brain stimulating

Frost - His 1 isn't used much, his 2 is decently pretty when you use it, Snow Globe, despite being absolutely amazing, is absolutely braindead and his 4 is similar as it's a 'press to kill'

Super personal preference: Mesa - I just prefer melee so much more than gunplay

Chroma, it's 2-3 and cry it's been castrated. Used to be fun when his 3 was out of bubblegum. Now it's quite boring since you achieve similar and sometimes better results with Rhino.

Inaros, there's nothing to him really other than tons of HP.

Zephyr, nothing to her much other than insane Turbulance and her 1 for PoE which is all great, but... boring.

Gara, just... Gara.

Do I have to mention Limbo? Limbo definetly.

• Like 1

Octavia\Vauban, deployment based characters that rely on throwing out their abilities I find pretty boring regardless of what game they're in, I like to have input on the ability rather than just throwing it out & letting it do the work.

Valkyr, although I enjoy how her abilities sound with the screams and all, Her Ripline is lackluster. Paralysis while has some use, I don't tend to find finishers that fun. and Hysteria's Stance is really annoying for me to use.

Limbo, weapons are a big part of my gameplay, and with Limbo he tends to slow down everything that isn't a melee weapon, neat frame but not for my playstyle.

36 minutes ago, NSDBL said:

Wukong - Only real 'fun' value is not dying, which isn't very brain stimulating

Super personal preference: Mesa - I just prefer melee so much more than gunplay

I must say, I'm fairly confused by this.

How can you prefer melee ''so much more'' than gunplay but find a dedicated melee frame boring? That just doesn't compute in my brain. Make sense damnit.

As for me, Trinity and Octavia.

• Like 2

Gonna be honest with you , Frames  are only as boring as you let them be.......

Creativity  of combat with frames     Starts  with the Frame, but ends   with  the hands of its  user,

One  Guy says Frost is  Boring... I  Say smashing Ice  sculptures with a  Hammer is   amazing..

we can agree to disagree..

But we all know I am right

• Like 3

Banshee-I find her number 4 boring to use.

Ember- I find WoF boring to use as well.

Equinox-I find the mass aoe boring as well to use.

Basically, I find frames that cause mass aoe damage boring to use because I like to run around and use my actual weapons which is why I prefer CC aoes instead of damage ones like Loki's Disarm, Mesa's shatter shield/weapon jam, and Nova's molecular prime. I like using my firearms on enemies instead of killing them on the other end of the map with an aoe attack.

Edited by (PS4)Jaztok

47 minutes ago, motorfirebox said:

Trinity. Puts me to sleep. 2, 3, 4. 2, 4. 2, 4. 2, 4. 2, 4.

Every Warframe puts me to sleep. I have to use my keyboard to activate powers. Weapons are boring too because I need to use left/middle/right click to kill stuff. Sheesh, why can't enemies just die when I give my computer monitor a cold stare?

Edited by --Q--Voltage
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, Midrib said:

Octavia\Vauban, deployment based characters that rely on throwing out their abilities I find pretty boring regardless of what game they're in, I like to have input on the ability rather than just throwing it out & letting it do the work

This is my first answer. 

Then it's rhino and inaros at a close tie. They're both so boring for me and I can't be stuffed playing them at all. 

Then it's volt. He has no real ability that makes him interested for me... 

6 minutes ago, --Q--Voltage said:

Every Warframe puts me to sleep. I have to use 1-4 to activate powers. Weapons are boring too because I need to use left/middle/right click to kill stuff. Sheesh, why can't enemies just die when I give my computer monitor a cold stare?

Sounds like maybe you should move on, bro dog holmes.

10 minutes ago, VaricBreem said:

No, frost is extremely boring and hammers are the single most boring type of weapon in the game for me. 

They're also way to slow for my liking and they mostly do a lot of impact stun damage which ruins them for me. 

I much prefer slash so in can slice and dice

10 minutes ago, VaricBreem said:

No, frost is extremely boring and hammers are the single most boring type of weapon in the game for me. 

They're also way to slow for my liking and they mostly do a lot of impact stun damage which ruins them for me. 

43 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

I must say, I'm fairly confused by this.

How can you prefer melee ''so much more'' than gunplay but find a dedicated melee frame boring? That just doesn't compute in my brain. Make sense damnit.

As for me, Trinity and Octavia.

Because his 'melee dedicated' kit isn't all that much better than other frames, so I might as well use another frame who has more fun abilities and melee with them anyway e.g. Excal, Inaros, even Trinity.

Besides, Wukong provides little to nothing to a squad except 'one less dead-able member'. Everyone else I mentioned above provides more to a squad than Wukong, e.g. Excal has blind and javelin for CC, Inaros has a ton of CC and we don't need to go into how much Trinity provides to a team

+2 seconds to combo counter really isn't that much when most of my melees I use atm have Bodycount

44 minutes ago, VaricBreem said:

Gonna be honest with you , Frames  are only as boring as you let them be.......

Creativity  of combat with frames     Starts  with the Frame, but ends   with  the hands of its  user,

One  Guy says Frost is  Boring... I  Say smashing Ice  sculptures with a  Hammer is   amazing..

we can agree to disagree..

Why are you trying so hard to 'subtly' belittle me? The first line of this entire thread was about how fun is subjective. You're saying this like I'm trying to enforce an opinion on people. Especially the "But we all know I am right" like dude who do you think you are?

35 minutes ago, Arniox said:

hammers are the single most boring type of weapon in the game for me. 

The combo of this one specific stance is the only saving grace for hammers to me, it's the one where you literally spiral forward with the entire hammer. That combo is so aesthetically beast.

But yeah otherwise slicing and dicing is the way to go for me too

1 hour ago, motorfirebox said:

Trinity. Puts me to sleep. 2, 3, 4. 2, 4. 2, 4. 2, 4. 2, 4.

Have you tried Melee Trinity yet? Built for Strength and Duration (and a bit of negative Range if you want), Trin can use 3 and 4 to mitigate tons of damage. Trin also has the ability to melee channel constantly since EV provides abundant Energy. Abating Link vs Armor and Dispatch Overdrive for gap closing. Melee weapon is versatile, but stuff with good reach and/or ChanDamage is best.

She needs a bit of an update to her skills to really suit this playstyle (aircasting or runcasting some of her skills would be ideal), but with the right setup Trin doesn't have to be boring.