Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Jackal unkillable after first leg takedown

TrueExcalibur420

• 2 weeks later...

Experienced a similar bug today.

All 4 it's legs clearly showed 0 health left, but in an immortal state.
Every now and then, a health bar would show instead for a millisecond, which couldn't be harmed either way.

Ened up having to abort the mission, because it would have just kept me endlessly fighting it like this.

ijRY9fx.jpg

ucscVjR.jpg

*Edit*
Third image looked too much like the first.

F7xQKEn.jpg

Edited by Guest
Third image looked too much like the first.

• 1 month later...

Bump, because I can't believe it's still not fixed.

I'll add a little bit, because I think I know the reason for the bug: there are 2 Jackals, with slightly different properties, existing at the same time. Helios does 2 scans, Jackal is still marked as a target if you do manage to kill him, and there are 2 sets of health bars for the Jackal and each of his limbs: one set without shields (primary one, the one that actually works) and one with shields (if you kill a limb and he doesn't fall, the second set starts flickering on and off, and is almost impossible to damage).

The bug is game breaking, and as one of the first bosses in the game, gives bad impressions to new players.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bump from me too.. I got the feeling he was sort of fixed a short while ago, I killed him a couple of times then on kuva missions and although I experienced the occasional buggy behaviour where the limbs were destroyed without him going down he always resetted and the limbs once again were shootable. Now it's back to him just bugging out with no other option but to leave the mission.

Interesting that the razorback never had this kind of bug a.f.a.i.k., there is a difference in how he gets brought down by the bursas though, anyway would be nice to see it fixed.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bump, broken for me too. Except I always get in two takedowns before he becomes undroppable, and he continues attacking.

100% reproducible so far. I am unable to progress in the game at this rate. Poor impression indeed.

On 2018-05-04 at 7:58 AM, Mck6 said:

I'll add a little bit, because I think I know the reason for the bug: there are 2 Jackals, with slightly different properties, existing at the same time. Helios does 2 scans, Jackal is still marked as a target if you do manage to kill him, and there are 2 sets of health bars for the Jackal and each of his limbs: one set without shields (primary one, the one that actually works) and one with shields (if you kill a limb and he doesn't fall, the second set starts flickering on and off, and is almost impossible to damage).

This. I also see the secondary set of full health bars occasionally flicker, but I cannot damage them.

Same thing here.  It appears this bug has been in this encounter now going on four years from what I see in various forums complaining about it.  Given this, it appears this long-known bug is a very low priority for DE to fix.

It is unfortunate because it is very easy to reproduce reliably.

Take Ivara to the encounter, solo.  Prowl.  Use Artemis Bow (or any suitable weapon, Artemis Bow works well in sortie lv 100 Jackal) to take out a leg. 

Sometimes Jackal will work correctly and fall, allowing damage to its head. 

Much of the time however, the leg will be fully damaged and Jackal will not fall. The leg never resets its health.  You can damage another leg, and Jackal will still not fall.  You can damage all four legs and Jackal will not fall.  Jackal is invulnerable because it will never enter its kneeling stage where it can be damaged. Its legs also never regenerate their health.

The best encounter to try this on is sortie lv 100, as it provides a longer fight and eventually Jackal will bug out before it can be damaged enough to kill it.  You can sometimes damage a leg and have Jackal fall to its knees, but eventually before you can do enough damage to the head to kill it, Jackal will bug out and not fall to its knees when a leg is damaged.

This has everything to do with Jackal not being able to target a visible Tenno in the encounter with its attack.  I've brought a specter to the encounter to see if this would allow Jackal to target that instead, but this does not override the bug.  From reading various posts on this bug as well as seeing the video above, the Tenno does not have to be invisible.  It just has to be that Jackal for some reason cannot target the Tenno.  It then bugs out.

If Jackal goes to attack, and the Tenno is invisible, then Jackal bugs out.  There is no reset either during the encounter. If I go visible after Jackal bugs out, his legs still damage to zero but it  does not fall to its knees, the legs go to zero health and never regenerate, and Jackal remains invulnerable. 

The only solution is to abort the mission and try again.  This is okay for the normal mission I guess because with advanced frame builds and weapon builds much of the time Jackal can be taken down before it bugs out.  With sortie lv 100 however, a strong majority of the time Jackal will bug out before it can be killed.

Another odd effect of this bug is, after damaging all legs to zero, if you pan the camera slowly from one side of Jackal to the other while facing it, you will see a momentary flash of each leg with a full health bar followed by it immediately showing zero health for each leg.

Edited by MysticVyper

• 1 month later...

Yeah.. bumping, I think this is one of those serious bugs since you're unable to complete the mission if it occurs. Won't be doing any kuva missions with Jackal until I see a patch-note that this is fixed once and for all. It has worked decent before, where the Jackal would reset himself if he ever entered the immortal state.

• 3 weeks later...