Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Server Troubles (+ Boosters).

[DE]Rebecca

Just now, SAP_TheLazySamurai_SCRUB said:

But that shouldn't really affect those of us in Canada, that are close to London... unless they don't have any servers in Canada :S

The majority of the entire internet is hosted in the US. If the US is having network issues, the whole world is having network issues. That may not necessarily be true in places like Japan or the Middle East (and certainly not in China), but certainly for Canada it is.

1 minute ago, auxy said:

The majority of the entire internet is hosted in the US. If the US is having network issues, the whole world is having network issues. That may not necessarily be true in places like Japan or the Middle East (and certainly not in China), but certainly for Canada it is.

Yet if there is a server in Canada, it would be in Toronto (most likely), but I would assume London due to their HQ; my point being, all of my traffic, even though I'm closer to Buffalo than Toronto, gets routed through Toronto before getting to the US, so if its a US internet problem, it shouldn't affect some Canadians. However some reason Toronto could be experiencing a lot more traffic due to routing through there to get to other parts of the US.

Gerade eben schrieb auxy:

Every provider of MMOs has "regional" servers from where the game can be played (europe, us, asia, china, afrika, australia). If they only had servers in the us, people living on the other side of the planet would only have S#&$ty pings.

If there was a routing issue somewhere it would NEVER afflict people all over the world, but most likely people from the "region" that has this routing issue.

Anyway, in the first post it was already edited, that it seems to be DDOS.

2 minutes ago, TheMuramasa said:

Make an announcement IN GAME not here, do we need to check forums every time before launch the game LMFAO

an announcement in a game people can't log in to, vs. a forum where people can check. yeah good idea. 

11 minutes ago, Buuuh said:

Yeah, i know, Sony, Microsoft and many other companies that are much bigger and have mucht more "mission critical" environment just have $&*&*#(%&ed people in their staff. All off them already have suffered from DDOS just because they are to incompetent to set up their environment more redundant to handle such issues properly.
But i guess you rendering rigs are DDOS prove for sure.

LOL, now you change from hardware issues to ddos attack ...

And my rendering rigs are DDOS proof, they're not online....

Just now, DiosGX said:

an announcement in a game people can't log in to, vs. a forum where people can check. yeah good idea. 

Maybe they could add in a new 'notification' system to the initial start window for situations like this... if it is a ddos attack (as has been suggested) not having players trying to login would actually make their life easier.

Edited by LSG501

1 minute ago, Buuuh said:

Anyway, in the first post it was already edited, that it seems to be DDOS.

That's right. We covered it a few minutes ago. ('ω') Limitation of the non-real-time forum format.

21 minutes ago, Prof_Nick said:

So I just got ONE Meso T2 relic after  farming for 3 hours on Io, Jupiter. Guess what? The server just didn't register it....

Server issues date back to at least 6h at this point, so you should've concidered holding back on such a long run...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Just landed in Toronto, waiting connection - team has been scrambling to replace hardware and mitigate what looks like a DDOS. Sorry Tenno, will check Baro extension too.</p>&mdash; Steve Sinclair (@sj_sinclair) <a href="https://twitter.com/sj_sinclair/status/977622603786436608?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 24, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Awesome

Edit: I am horrible at embedding links xD

Edited by SirNope007