Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Server Troubles (+ Boosters).

[DE]Rebecca

Just now, SimplyStrange said:

I love seeing how much warframe has developed over the years. I was there shortly after it came out and it has been one of my favorite games for a long time. Love the community and this just outage just goes to show how interactive the community is. Love all of you, thanks for an amazing trip.

Well Warframe has THE BEST community ever. No other game has(or had) a better community than Warframe.

Also love you too.

Just now, oOXMrDoXOo said:

Did someone say the're doing it on purpose?

Not at all, Or well at least not directly.... However a few ppl around here make it sound like DE is keeping the server down just for giggles or something and I find that kind of ridicolus for, well you guessed it, previously stated reason....

3 minutes ago, SimplyStrange said:

Easily the best community. No competition. :fist:

Can't argue, and don't want to argue. Just nod in agreement and bro:fist:

3 minutes ago, ALEKS_D_RAVEN said:

Yep we are one big familly, constantly yealing at each other, but still familly.

I'm not even yelling on anyone, I'm the quiet kiddo who's just chillin, but I'm there if I'm needed.

Edited by KamiRD

8 minutes ago, oOXMrDoXOo said:

This is the reason why any technical server issues with warframe will be blamed on a denial of service attack.

Even if it is the case then it's still there fault for not paying for adequate protection.

I rent a business server and over the years I've been playing warframe it's gone down multiple times from technical issues,but its rare and never from a DDOS attack.

It's actually about the same amount of times as WF servers have gone down,give or take.

So it's kind of amazing to me that they have never had a server issues that wasn't a denial of service attack.

It's also amazing how it does not appear to be reported in any gaming news after the fact,or at least the last two times it's happened.

I wish i had a get out of jail card free in my business.

Even working on the basis of it not being a DDoS, it's still an extreme thing to uninstall due to one outage. As I 1st stated I am new here so haven't had to deal with this before but with a community as supportive as this would they have to lie about the reasoning?  

I have my own internet company. There seem to be a lot of internet experts here and i'm hiring. Anyone interested in a job? I offer very good salary, as some people here seem to have very rare and exlusive knowledge about how it has to be done, especially how to deal with exeptions like a ddos attack. But i guess most of them won't work for me, because they already have highly paid jobs in their spaical sector like internet security? Otherwise i could not explain the overall knowledge of almighty experts here?!

In germany there is a common phrase: "During soccer world championship, there are about 80 million people in germany who all know how and what to do better than the actually soccer team's trainer ".

Edited by Buuuh
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ALEKS_D_RAVEN said:

Yep we are one big familly, constantly yealing at each other, but still familly.

Long ago in a distant update. Back in the days of when abilities were still mod cards.

Rest of the team: Trinity, heal us!

Me: Didn't bring Blessing.

2 minutes ago, KamiRD said:

Can't argue, and don't want to argue. Just nod in agreement and bro:fist:

I'm not even yelling on anyone, I'm the quiet kiddo who's just chillin, but I'm there if I'm needed.

Same. I just think its one of the coolest things to see all of us here just bummin' around until the servers come back. 

16 minutes ago, DojikkoVoidNinja said:

Incorrect, there are various other ways to deal with a DDOS, some of the easiest being migrating targets to IPs that are harder for the attacker to follow to/re-acquire and/or hardened servers that can filter the traffic in some way (Hint: Various cloud hosting services offer this kind of service.) Working with ISPs to filter the attack packets at higher levels is also an option, and these are just off the top of my head. And then there's chipping away one-by-one at the botnet sourcing the attack, which is tedious, but generally easier than finding the one coordinating. Exact nature of the attack, which I don't have info on in this case, can open further, more specific options.

But do you not think they are either doing them now or have done them previously? I would think they tried to defend for this exact situation, Saturday night and people either can't get in or weary of buying anything for fear of losses? If they weren't doing all they could in precautions I reckon it would be successfully attacked a lot more frequently.  

Just now, SimplyStrange said:

Same. I just think its one of the coolest things to see all of us here just bummin' around until the servers come back. 

yeah, i mean we just chilling and having a good time. What other game has such a fantastic community? none.

Though I would love to play WF right now, I'm also cool with just chillin here with you guys. Y'all are awesome.:highfive:

11 minutes ago, KamiRD said:

Well Warframe has THE BEST community ever. No other game has(or had) a better community than Warframe.

I completely agree, I can't even bring myself to go back to a lot of games like the Salt Fest that is LOL. But I've never had a run in with a rude or angry person while playing Warframe. Pretty awesome group of people.

Edited by Twentyside

11 minutes ago, Spudnikuno said:

Kitty! :3

Also, can't get in game rn, how stable are things looking?

Took ages to log in, but it seems to be relatively stable at the moment. Changing loadouts and end of mission rewards work fine for me so far, it's just chat that's disappeared.

Edited by Everyone

10 minutes ago, Spudnikuno said:

Kitty! :3

Also, can't get in game rn, how stable are things looking?

Just did a 15 wave defense on Jupiter - Io with no issues; apart from the fact that global chat isn't working.

Just now, Twentyside said:

I completely agree, I can't even bring myself to go back to a lot of games like the Salt Fest that is LOL. But never have a run into a rude or angry person while playing Warframe. Pretty awesome group of people.

did yesterday two matches in LOL and i already quit the game went back to warframe. reason why you already know.

Just now, Twentyside said:

I completely agree, I can't even bring myself to go back to a lot of games like the Salt Fest that is LOL. But never have a run into a rude or angry person while playing Warframe. Pretty awesome group of people.

LoL is not a saltfest...... it's like a ocean of acid...

I mean i do get it it's competitive and all that, but no other competitive game I've played has such toxicity as LoL. I still love the game though, it's just the community there is..... fallen behind in advancement or something.

Just now, jopos15 said:

did yesterday two matches in LOL and i already quit the game went back to warframe. reason why you already know.

I'm still playing LoL every day..... To keep myself on the edge and not relax too much so to say. Aaand because I like the GAME. Community sucks there though.