The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Server Troubles (+ Boosters).

[DE]Rebecca

Just now, Lyravain said:

*Insert THANK YOU gif*

Used to program a looooooong time ago (think... Pascal was considered an effective language, yes, I'm that old). About 99% of the effort is in how the code is written and the language used. Some things are easy, some things are hard. Sometimes, you think you solved a problem but something else pops up (C++ parsing anyone?). When you have thousands upon thousands of lines of code and the mere existence of a semicolon in the wrong place or a random coincidence of matching variable names can throw the entire thing off.

In short; it can be more a pain the behind to extend boosters than give everyone a 24-hour booster. So sit down, chill out, let the people work it out. DE doesn't let us down when things like that happen.

Agreed. But can there be an export of data on what accounts have active boosters right now? Export that.

Just a simple 1 and 0 for active/inactive.

Filter out all 0.

This will show a LOAD of work. Is it worth to go further or not?

If it is, sort all 1s by what booster is active and send mail with +24 hour of same booster. Like they did with Brilliant Eidolon Shard.

I remember they HAD similar solutions, so check those and see how those were done? Maybe something in old solutions may help here.

On 2018-03-24 at 2:33 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

March 24:

Part 1:

Hi all,

For the past hour we’ve been experiencing intermittent connectivity issues. We are working to solve the problem as quickly as we can and then we’ll talk about possible Baro extensions and such! Stay posted here as our team works away! 

Part 2:

We’re working through a lot of trouble that appears to be DDOS related. Stay tuned for all follow up information on how we will treat boosters and Baro.

March 25:

We have extended Baro for 24 hours on PC. As for all boosters, we're still putting out the fires then we'll come up with a solution for the lost time.

The connectivity charts on PC have looked like this over the past 24 hours. Once we are able to smooth it out we'll know we've fixed up the problems! 
image.png

OP updated.

Just now, Centurion07 said:

i think of this DE could potentially turn this game to single player on solo mission only . This may prevent from gamers frustation , and every 2 hr account update if it is not platinum buy or something else from market.

There may not be a way for them to do this.  Sure it sounds like it's easy, but the game's code might not be built to let this happen.

19 minutes ago, LaPlagaBG said:

what 24 hour booster when 2 days are gone without playing ? they need to give new boosters

That's where you're wrong, sir. They don't need to give us anything. The only thing they need to do is fix the game so we can play again.
I feel some people here have been so used to be blessed by Warframe and DE for so long. They can't even handle a few harsh days anymore.

Edited by crushlex
Mispelled DE

7 minutes ago, Centurion07 said:

i think of this DE could potentially turn this game to single player game solo mission only and partially online for other modes . This may prevent from gamers frustation , and every 2 hr account update if it is not platinum buy or something else from market.

This would require storing player data on their own PC, free for them to tamper with. Terrible idea.

Edited by Guest

13 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Baro has an 'on off' switch - so easy a programmer doesn't have to do it. 
Boosters have millions and millions of entries per userbase per type per 'start time', a programmer will certainly be able to make it work. We're just discussing the best way to do it - extensions or new free ones, etc. 

rebecca warframe has been slow for alot of us do you know what the cause is?

vor 2 Minuten schrieb crushlex:

That's where you're wrong, sir. They don't need to give us anything. The only thing they need to do is fix the game so we can play again.
I feel some people here have been so used to be blessed by Warframe and DA for so long. They can't even handle a few harsh days anymore.

Yeah, try GTA 5 and see what they give you there.... if you are lucky something like 250k dollars (which is if you know GTA 5 like just nothing... )

Just now, SchattenBach said:

you know ,some players are already deleted WF due to this whatever it is going on with your server ...

Yes, 'cause some people will always overreact. I bet those will come back in a few when everything going fine again.

2 minutes ago, SchattenBach said:

you know ,some players are already deleted WF due to this whatever it is going on with your server ...

Knee-jerk, much?

3 minutes ago, SchattenBach said:

That's exactly what the little terrorists want. If in fact anyone has done this, A) good riddance and B) they're nothing more than some idiot's pawn.

vor 2 Minuten schrieb SchattenBach:

welll we wish them bon voyage ...

cant decide whats more stupid your comment or the ppl who delete a game couse it have some problems for few days

ooook its your whiny comment

• Like 1

Let's do the maths.  24 hours of booster is 13.3333... plat.  At most (It's cheaper if you buy a longer booster)

13.333... plat is roughly 1/5 of the lowest possible amount of plat you can buy at once (again, larger buy gives better value)

So what people have 'lost' is, at most...  roughly 70 pence(UK) worth of platinum for boosters.  (Convert for yourself if you want to)

I'm on benefits, classed as unfit to work on medical grounds, money is tight for me and even I realize that's a negligible amount of money  Maybe multiply it by four for the different types of booster you can get so £2.70 (again, UK money,)  That's still not a lot.  Yes, I've had boosters that I've bought running this weekend.  No, I'm not going to *@##$ about the cost of a one way bus fare to town (That's literally the same price for me)