Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Server Troubles (+ Boosters).

[DE]Rebecca

il y a 3 minutes, Longeres a dit :

And i didnt played it before lags gone. But 3 days still lost, how can you argue with that? Baro is useless, my boosters still mine, they just will give them back. I already said - its disrespect to us. "

Citation

"You dont regain lost time. Eudolons, usual farm, trading... No one will compensate THAT. "

Wait... are you saying you want compensation for things YOU WOULD HAVE DONE BUT DIDN'T DO if it weren't for the attacks?

Sorry, with your English, that's what it sounds like.

3 minutes ago, Longeres said:

Can you even read my post?..

"If you lost something - you have to get it back"

"You dont regain lost time. Eudolons, usual farm, trading... No one will compensate THAT. "

HELLO, MAN, ITS WRITTEN RIGHT HERE! :facepalm:

"If you or anyone else chose to play the game during the server problems/DDoS attack, that was your choice and you are therefore the only person responsible for what you lost."

I lost some stuff at the FIRST day, how can i predict server problems in this game?.. And i didnt played it before lags gone. But 3 days still lost, how can you argue with that? Baro is useless, my boosters still mine, they just will give them back. I already said - its disrespect to us. 

Alright, maybe you'll understand if I angle this differently, because you missed my point:

DE provides Baro Ki'Teer once every two weeks and they also provide us with boosters either through the ingame store or Baro himself. So if they want to be fair to the players(and they do) they'll compensate for lost Baro-time and lost boosters - meaning the things they provide us that were suddenly snatched away due to DDoS attacks. They don't owe us anything else, because they're not responsible for anything else.

They don't force you to play their game and then take your loot away, that happened because of DDoS attacks which is not something under DE's control. It's like the guy said earlier - you can't buy something, break it, and then ask the seller for compensation. It makes no sense.

• Like 2

7 минут назад, SauriaLizardqueen сказал:

Wait... are you saying you want compensation for things YOU WOULD HAVE DONE BUT DIDN'T DO if it weren't for the attacks?

Sorry, with your English, that's what it sounds like.

I can do my farm only at weekends... And this hackers or someone else stoled it from me. They can give me boosters, but i dont need them, i cant use it. Now im just flaming, cos DE is the only ones who responsible for it. They cant predict it, but they can compensate it. This is my opinion. 

(Sorry for my english, its really hard to use it so much for me)

Edited by Longeres
Minor improvement

5 минут назад, Shankster9 сказал:

Alright, maybe you'll understand if I angle this differently, because you missed my point:

DE provides Baro Ki'Teer once every two weeks and they also provide us with boosters either through the ingame store or Baro himself. So if they want to be fair to the players(and they do) they'll compensate for lost Baro-time and lost boosters - meaning the things they provide us that were suddenly snatched away due to DDoS attacks. They don't owe us anything else, because they're not responsible for anything else.

They don't force you to play their game and then take your loot away, that happened because of DDoS attacks which is not something under DE's control. It's like the guy said earlier - you can't buy something, break it, and then ask the seller for compensation. It makes no sense.

Ok, i think im understand now. Sorry for flaming, you can check my previous post for reason. DE is great guys, and warframe is great game. Playing it for 4-5 years already, and that situation really pissed me off, cos, you know, it was very stable game until now.

Language barrier, its stronger then you and me :(

Edited by Longeres

5 minutes ago, Longeres said:

Ok, i think im understand now. Sorry for flaming, you can check my previous post for reason. DE is great guys, and warframe is great game. Playing it for 4-5 years already, and that situation really pissed me off, cos, you know, it was very stable game until now.

Then u should understand them but not keep asking for compensation... 

13 минут назад, SauriaLizardqueen сказал:

Those with links mention technical issues due to developers' mistakes. So that'd make sense for them to make up for THEIR mistakes. Which is not the case with DE.

Okay. ArcheAge, Atlas Reactor, Blizzard, Albion. Even UBISOFT! Just like i said: google it.

On the other hand, we have a DE and they only prolongs events and boosters. 

Edited by MeinArschBrennt
  • Like 1

On 3/24/2018 at 2:33 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

March 24:

Part 1:

Hi all,

For the past hour we’ve been experiencing intermittent connectivity issues. We are working to solve the problem as quickly as we can and then we’ll talk about possible Baro extensions and such! Stay posted here as our team works away! 

Part 2:

We’re working through a lot of trouble that appears to be DDOS related. Stay tuned for all follow up information on how we will treat boosters and Baro.

March 25:

We have extended Baro for 24 hours on PC. As for all boosters, we're still putting out the fires then we'll come up with a solution for the lost time.

The connectivity charts on PC have looked like this over the past 24 hours. Once we are able to smooth it out we'll know we've fixed up the problems! 
image.png

March 26:

Hey All!
We think we are out of the woods, and now we are working on a solution for all those poor Boosters that went unused! Please stand by as we get all the details finalized.

Thanks Reb and the DE team. Thank you for spending your weekend on this. Thank you for keeping us up to date. Thank you for doing your best to be fair. Ignore the grumps in this thread. Tenno standing by. That said a launcher of splash screen warning for this eventuality or other connection issues would be very welcome.

PS: Oh and special mention. Thanks Space Mum for unleashing the Potty Mouth (Passive Ability?) on the noclip doc. :)

Edited by Altaensi

il y a 24 minutes, MeinArschBrennt a dit :

Okay. ArcheAge, Atlas Reactor, Blizzard, Albion. Even UBISOFT! Just like i said: google it.

On the other hand, we have a DE and they only prolongs events and boosters. 

As Hellsing Ultimate Abridged's Father Anderson once said:

"Context, Heinkel!"

UbiSoft: That's not just the DDoS that was the problem. It was that it made a solo game stop working because they managed to make it require an online connection. That's the least they could do after talking about always-online DRM making games safer and being near-instantly proven wrong.

Albion: Extended version of a compensation due to unrelated technical issues

Blizzard: Taiwan, Hong Kong or Macau only because of how time on online games works for them as explained by a comment:

Citation

To all those asking why we don't get compensation in the other regions...

Koreans access their games at an internet cafe instead of at home. We're used to going out and dropping $60 upfront to purchase a game, in Korea this isn't the case. There is a service, PC Bang, that basically is pay a dollar an hour or something and you get access to all the games. ~/u/iknowtheguacisextra

So these connection issues legitimately cause them to lose time they're paying for right at that moment.

Atlas Reactor: They lost THREE WEEKS and with them, weekly rewards, which the devs sent back and gave a bonus ISO event, whatever that is.

Archeage: FIVE WEEKS of DDoS and it happened during a major update which post-poned it.

Here for Warframe, only one week-end was lost and the main thing that happened during the attack was Baro at a Relay and boosters.

Edited by SauriaLizardqueen

32 minutes ago, Longeres said:

Language barrier, its stronger then you and me :(

I understand the frustration of losing boosters for someone who is only able to play on weekends. Who knows, maybe DE will consider those people and see fit to provide some other compensation as well. All we can do for now is wait and see what they decide. ^_^

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Longeres said:

Man... They can compensate it. Syandana/palette/OKAY potatoes and formas, but hey, they did nothing! Community will be happy with bonuses like that. 

Its not a DE fault, but they responsible for this, its right.

U are so cheapstake... 

Just now, Gnlstorm said:

Chill Tenno... At least DE response well... Those that lose their stuff, stay calm... Now the games is back... I rather worry warframe will gone forever than those small stuff i lost... I can farmed again 

This is the best way to put it, the game is back, Baro will come back, they will compensate for the lost time, so relax everyone.

3 minutes ago, Longeres said:

So... Hard... To... Write... Without... "..."...

I also lost something , i also lost my time but recall how DE response us and treat us nice , i will not blame anything... This week get nothing then wait next week... Lost 3 day does not make any big difference

5 minutes ago, FrateleRaMpAgE said:

This is the best way to put it, the game is back, Baro will come back, they will compensate for the lost time, so relax everyone.

Yeah i dun understand why some keep asked for free loot and blame DE... If the DE dun cared this will take forever but they response as fast as possible... If they lost time/loot/resource all they can do is wait next time... Thing will back again and loot/resource can farm again.... I pity DE always got blamed... I loved this game as much as i understand how much they did for us.... 

• Like 1

4 минуты назад, Gnlstorm сказал:

Yeah i dun understand why some keep asked for free loot and blame DE... If the DE dun cared this will take forever but they response as fast as possible... If they lost time/loot/resource all they can do is wait next time... Thing will back again and loot/resource can farm again.... I pity DE always got blamed... I loved this game as much as i understand how much they did for us.... 

How about 1000 "..."? 

4 minutes ago, Longeres said:

How about 1000 "..."? 

It doesn't matter me... Like i said if all lost then do it next time.. As warframe stayed forever, stuff will earn back.... What make warframe different is " It free from the start, all we give them is our time(only some really using cash to support like me)" so even the loot gone during server down, we also cannot blame them so much and this time the server down is not totally their fault... I only impressed how fast they handle this stuff 

How DE will gauge and respond to these compensations for lost time especially for the players will be interesting. It can't be helped if they will be cautious on this one especially to those who takes advantage and exploits the compensation system. Both parties, DE and the community, should have at least an understanding on how to tackle and prevent these issues soon in case if it will happen again in the near future. 

I'm just here enjoying the game since it went back to normal. I'll keep watching this as it seems interesting to follow. 

1 час назад, SauriaLizardqueen сказал:

UbiSoft: That's not just the DDoS that was the problem. It was that it made a solo game stop working because they managed to make it require an online connection.

Aaand?

Albion: Extended version of a compensation due to unrelated technical issues

.... which is not connected. But if you hit by both of them, you will receive a doble compensation.

Blizzard: Taiwan, Hong Kong or Macau only because of how time on online games works for them as explained by a comment:

BTW, Taiwan, Hong Kong or Macau is a China regions under the China juresdicion. I like the Korean laws for games, but they have no power in China, ya'know.

Atlas Reactor: They lost THREE WEEKS and with them, weekly rewards, which the devs sent back and gave a bonus ISO event, whatever that is.

They didn't "lost THREE WEEKS", they had a hard time playing sometimes. Yup, for three weeks, someone got a bunch of bots and money for it. And double ISO is something like credits or affinity in da Warframe (context, right?). BTW, no one gonna give us a daily sorties\rep\focus, ehehe.

Archeage: FIVE WEEKS of DDoS and it happened during a major update which post-poned it.

Maybe its not a good example, just a first link from google. Okay, Archeage is bad game anyway.

30 минут назад, Gnlstorm сказал:

DE response us and treat us nice

Here we go again. They just said "we are under attack and looking for a way to fix it". OH BOI, its really unbeliviable level of communication, lol. 

Edited by MeinArschBrennt

The server issues are still there. I can't get into a squad without a host migration 2 minutes in or just not being able to connect at all. I checked, and its not my internet that is the issue. This is very annoying.

On ‎3‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 5:26 PM, crushlex said:

That's where you're wrong, sir. They don't need to give us anything. The only thing they need to do is fix the game so we can play again.
I feel some people here have been so used to be blessed by Warframe and DE for so long. They can't even handle a few harsh days anymore.

every game compensate players for such a problems,dont tell me bullS#&$

9 minutes ago, RagingNerd312 said:

The server issues are still there. I can't get into a squad without a host migration 2 minutes in or just not being able to connect at all. I checked, and its not my internet that is the issue. This is very annoying.

Actually it seems the Hosts are peer to peer, if they have crap net/ping and you connect to them, it tends to kick you. I have a friend who I get kicked from when he hosts, but not vise versa.