Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Server Troubles (+ Boosters).

[DE]Rebecca

34 minutes ago, RagingNerd312 said:

The server issues are still there. I can't get into a squad without a host migration 2 minutes in or just not being able to connect at all. I checked, and its not my internet that is the issue. This is very annoying.

Host migration has nothing to do with DE's servers.

On 3/24/2018 at 9:33 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

March 26 Booster Plan;

Hello all!

We've got a plan for you all regarding Boosters. It is indeed unfortunate that booster time was wasted while our Servers were unreliable. We are going to give all those who had Boosters active during our DDoS time (Saturday/Sunday) free 3-day Boosters!

If you had an active booster during this time, we'll be sending you free 3-Day Boosters in an Inbox Message starting Thursday: simply login to claim! The Boosters you receive will exactly match the types you had active during our DDoS time.

This applies to ALL Platforms - PC was most affected but Consoles still had a bit of trouble!

Booster Plan information!

• Like 23

4 minutes ago, Casardis said:

Does this applies to the 3-month boosters gained from Prime Access? Not to sound stingy by any means. I just think it's still relevant information to know.

It would apply to any booster, the 3 additional days would be placed onto the end of your current booster (ex:if you had 24 days left on your booster it would become 27)

Thank you for the booster refund! Easter long weekend here i come!

And i am glad its all over now. Thank you for keeping us up to date!

Keep up the great work and thank you for working the weekends!

Cheers

Tenno

• Like 1

I lost arcanes, shards and the like. Know what I did? I stopped playing those missions until I saw an all clear. If you were still playing missions for drops knowing there were issues, you've only yourself to blame for your "wasted time" and "lost drops".

People gonna be salty regardless if they were given an arm and a leg of the poor staff (that also lost their weekend) trying to fix things.

Cheers for the boosters and your lost weekend, DE staff. :thumbup:

I'm not trying to get flak for this, and I do appreciate everything DE has done to get the servers stable again, but I do agree with the people saying there should be some level of compensation. 

Yes, DE did work hard, but there's a reason games don't generally get DDoS'd. There are preventive measures to avoid your entire game getting shut down for an entire weekend. Not only was every aspect of the game unplayable, but it took a very long time to get back on its feet. 

I've played many games over the years, as well as had a hand in running some smaller ones, and it's not as simple as "you wouldn't lose anything if you just didn't play." The bottom line is that people still did play, regardless of it it was their own fault. People were frustrated, people were looking forward to playing. People only have weekends off and this is their main chance to play the game. Compensation is for frustrations of the players, not because they lost items. The booster extension was a given. It would be in very poor taste if they just said "Oh well." It wouldn't hurt them any to chuck a forma at their loyal playerbase for continuing to play despite having their weekend plans ruined.

Once again, I still am very thankful for DE's hard work in getting the servers back up and running, but that's all there is to be thankful for. Doing their job.

5 minutes ago, Duu_ said:

I'm not trying to get flak for this, and I do appreciate everything DE has done to get the servers stable again, but I do agree with the people saying there should be some level of compensation. 

Yes, DE did work hard, but there's a reason games don't generally get DDoS'd. There are preventive measures to avoid your entire game getting shut down for an entire weekend. Not only was every aspect of the game unplayable, but it took a very long time to get back on its feet. 

I've played many games over the years, as well as had a hand in running some smaller ones, and it's not as simple as "you wouldn't lose anything if you just didn't play." The bottom line is that people still did play, regardless of it it was their own fault. People were frustrated, people were looking forward to playing. People only have weekends off and this is their main chance to play the game. Compensation is for frustrations of the players, not because they lost items. The booster extension was a given. It would be in very poor taste if they just said "Oh well." It wouldn't hurt them any to chuck a forma at their loyal playerbase for continuing to play despite having their weekend plans ruined.

Once again, I still am very thankful for DE's hard work in getting the servers back up and running, but that's all there is to be thankful for. Doing their job.

Except that most normal missions were fine to play. The intensive ones (fissures tridolons etc) were obviously broken so if people want compensation for that, they've only themselves to blame for wasting their time when it was clear there were issues.

3 hours ago, NuttiKrust said:

*looks at his 86 day booster* 

Well, 3 more can't hurt I guess.

Same here man! I'm like, "What DDOS?"

*Looks at Prime Access boosters*

"Nah, I'm good."

The only thing I lost was 35K focus from a standard 10-wave Hydron, and that was when I was trying to squeeze some focus farming during between server drops. I still did manage to farm about 500K focus over the weekend though. 

Whoever's responsible for the DDOS needs to pay though. Like for real. 

On 3/24/2018 at 8:33 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

March 24:

Part 1:

Hi all,

For the past hour we’ve been experiencing intermittent connectivity issues. We are working to solve the problem as quickly as we can and then we’ll talk about possible Baro extensions and such! Stay posted here as our team works away! 

Part 2:

We’re working through a lot of trouble that appears to be DDOS related. Stay tuned for all follow up information on how we will treat boosters and Baro.

March 25:

We have extended Baro for 24 hours on PC. As for all boosters, we're still putting out the fires then we'll come up with a solution for the lost time.

The connectivity charts on PC have looked like this over the past 24 hours. Once we are able to smooth it out we'll know we've fixed up the problems! 
image.png

March 26:

Hey All!
We think we are out of the woods, and now we are working on a solution for all those poor Boosters that went unused! Please stand by as we get all the details finalized.

March 26 Booster Plan;

Hello all!

We've got a plan for you all regarding Boosters. It is indeed unfortunate that booster time was wasted while our Servers were unreliable. We are going to give all those who had Boosters active during our DDoS time (Saturday/Sunday) free 3-day Boosters!

If you had an active booster during this time, we'll be sending you free 3-Day Boosters in an Inbox Message starting Thursday: simply login to claim! The Boosters you receive will exactly match the types you had active during our DDoS time.

This applies to ALL Platforms - PC was most affected but Consoles still had a bit of trouble!

did had some use out of my Resource Booster from Baro but Sending a 3 day booster for free is nice though.

On 3/24/2018 at 8:33 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Who loves ya, baby?

You guys are awesome.

6 часов назад, TheDragonMonkey сказал:

Thank you for this news. I have like a little over 6 months left on my boosters. By the way I just now got the network problem again.

and my weekend is gone :highfive: