Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Server Troubles (+ Boosters).

[DE]Rebecca

8 hours ago, SauriaLizardqueen said:

[Citation SERIOUSLY needed], because Blizzard gets DDoS regularly, so does EA, FF XIV got DDoS in 2017, and even the little Star Trek Online got DDoS several times. And I'm not even talking about other things getting DDoS like Wikipedia, eBay or even Twitter.

Yeah, sections of these games or companies get DDoS'd. That's inevitable. But tell me when the entirety of Overwatch gets taken down for an entire weekend?

Edited by Duu_

2 hours ago, Duu_ said:

Yeah, sections of these games or companies get DDoS'd. That's inevitable. But tell me when the entirety of Overwatch gets taken down for an entire weekend?

Overwatch -> Blizzard

Warframe -> Digital Extremes

In some cases, the size (of the team) does matter. A DDoS isn't something that you can stop by pressing a button.

Fun fact: remember Diablo 3 day at launch and the servers state? It's from Blizzard too, if I'm not mistaken. Pretty sure it wasn't a DDoS problem. Quit comparing what's not comparable.

(Passive aggressiveness might or might not have been caused by the DDoS)

5 hours ago, Redeye said:

Overwatch -> Blizzard

Warframe -> Digital Extremes

In some cases, the size (of the team) does matter. A DDoS isn't something that you can stop by pressing a button.

Fun fact: remember Diablo 3 day at launch and the servers state? It's from Blizzard too, if I'm not mistaken. Pretty sure it wasn't a DDoS problem. Quit comparing what's not comparable.

(Passive aggressiveness might or might not have been caused by the DDoS)

You're replying to a reply I made to somebody else, who quoted a small portion of what I said. You've either grossly misunderstood me or haven't bothered to look at the conversation as a whole. Regardless, there are many ways to set up a server, and the size of the team may be helpful, but I was simply stating there are ways to not get your entire game shut down. I'm by no means a professional, just a networking major with an opinion. 

Только что, (PS4)TheRealTommo сказал:

I disagree, it's still just a game.

come to someone walking with a dog and say it's just a dog worth nothing.

you can get another dog anytime, there is plenty of them.

11 minutes ago, Sqecmi said:

come to someone walking with a dog and say it's just a dog worth nothing.

you can get another dog anytime, there is plenty of them.

Yeah ok mate. Not even arguing this with you I have better things to do. Have a nice day.

Edited by (PS4)TheRealTommo

20 hours ago, VadiseReikaz said:

The bragging bit I just glided over because I dont care really, I am just trying to find out how it works a bit better. I did get the network messages at the orbiter, but only when the consoles are accessed. Maybe I didnt get bugged as much due to having all chats disabled. Is Squad chat handled by the server or the host do you know?

Squad chat might be handled by the host; but since normal chat is handled by the server it doesn't make much sense from a development point of view to duplicate the client/server architecture for a chat system into the client itself when they already have one available. My guess is that all chat features are handled by DE. I'm only guessing, of course.

Il y a 7 heures, Duu_ a dit :

You're replying to a reply I made to somebody else, who quoted a small portion of what I said. You've either grossly misunderstood me or haven't bothered to look at the conversation as a whole. Regardless, there are many ways to set up a server, and the size of the team may be helpful, but I was simply stating there are ways to not get your entire game shut down. I'm by no means a professional, just a networking major with an opinion. 

You imply Warframe was completely taken down since you're asking for an example on when Overwatch was entirely taken down for a week-end, which wasn't even the case since players managed to enter the game and play it with various levels of success (the main issue being the game couldn't save the mission rewards, which is a big one, but the game could still more or less be accessed and played).

There are cases of games and services getting crippled by DDoS despite being big names, like DynDNS in 2016, which resulted in quite the collateral damage for sites that can't "afford" to lose hours, like Twitter, Reddit, Spotify and Netflix in some parts of the US.

There are ways to mitigate DDoS better but it costs much more and needs some additional knowledge and the potential troubles may not be worth the financial burden, like everything in life.

March 26 Booster Plan;

Hello all!

We've got a plan for you all regarding Boosters. It is indeed unfortunate that booster time was wasted while our Servers were unreliable. We are going to give all those who had Boosters active during our DDoS time (Saturday/Sunday) free 3-day Boosters!

If you had an active booster during this time, we'll be sending you free 3-Day Boosters in an Inbox Message starting Thursday: simply login to claim! The Boosters you receive will exactly match the types you had active during our DDoS time.

This applies to ALL Platforms - PC was most affected but Consoles still had a bit of trouble!

I had all 4 boosters active during the DDoS attack, Resource drop chance and Resource Booster expired during the server problems and i didnt get anything on my inbox.

15 minutes ago, Yukinooh said:

I had all 4 boosters active during the DDoS attack, Resource drop chance and Resource Booster expired during the server problems and i didnt get anything on my inbox.

Starts Thursday; if you log in tomorrow, your boosters should be renewed. If not, submit a ticket. :)

1 minute ago, NuttiKrust said:

Starts Thursday; if you log in tomorrow, your boosters should be renewed. If not, submit a ticket. :)

Oooh jokes on me, i must be partially blind.
Thanks, tenno for explain what i could just read but i'm blind lol 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, avgadventureman said:

Technical question: will I have the option to claim the inbox message at will or will it auto-open on login?

Asking because I don't have time to play the next couple of days, and I don't want to "waste" the refunded booster.

Thanks for the extension anyway!

It auto opens most likely.