Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Failed Login Attempts in-game = Temporary IP Ban?

zerofighter005v

I logged into my Warframe account in-game today, but it says "network not responding" and then "login failed check your info".

If I failed a login attempt too many times due to "network not responding", does this mean my IP address is temporarily banned when I logged in my account into the Warframe Website?

If you mean just now, DE is having server troubles. Given replies from veterans of the game (not me, others who have apparently played for years) this is a once in a blue moon incident.

I managed to log on but I couldn't do a relic mission (specifically, the game was unable to generate a reward for me when it needed to access the server) so I'm guessing the problem is still going on. Check the news section as I'm expecting DE to post an update the moment it's solved.

I've never receieve a warning for too many incorrect attempts and they never gave you one. Network Not Responding is just a general internet connect issue message... "Login failed check your info" isn't hiding anything either... It just means your username and/or pw was incorrect, therefor you could not be logged in.

You mean, what the Admin said? Like this:

"Hi all,

For the past hour we’ve been experiencing intermittent connectivity issues. We are working to solve the problem as quickly as we can and then we’ll talk about possible Baro extensions and such! Stay posted here as our team works away!"

Does this "Temporary IP ban" notification has something to do with "intermittent connectivity issues"?

I also received the "Unknown" notification and couldn't login whenever I succeeded at logging in. And then the "Temporary IP ban" happened. Is this also part of this "intermittent connectivity issues"?

Also, the "Temporary IP ban" only applies to repeated failed login attempts in website only? And how many hours it usually lasted?

Edited by zerofighter005v

vor 17 Minuten schrieb zerofighter005v:

If I failed a login attempt too many times due to "network not responding", does this mean my IP address is temporarily banned when I logged in my account into the Warframe Website?

I can't say anything in this combination or the website but if you fail to login too many times into the game you will get temporarily banned from login. Had this last year and it took a week before I could login again

You mean in-game notification says "Temporary IP ban" for repeated failed login attempts?

I mean, I have no problems with logging into my Warframe account like the last few days. But while I was finished with a Syndicate Mission today, a "server not responding" note suddenly showed up and I was forced to quit the game and reset the PC. Then I logged in my account in-game like a few times, but "login failed" due to "server not responding". I logged into my account on the Warframe website and verify a few times, the "Unknown" or "Error" note always showed, and then I got a "Temporary IP Ban" note.

Then that "Temporary IP Ban" note lifted after a few minutes, and after I successfully logged in, I played for a few more minutes, and then logged out. I tried to log-in again in-game to try and see if the login is fine, and then I got a "login failed" due to "server not responding" yet again, and I tried to login a few times. And yet, I got that "Temporary IP Ban" note again on my account in the Warframe website even if I didn't logged in my account on the website and failed.

I was beginning to wonder if this is due to the "intermittent connectivity issues" the Admin spoke of... Do you think this might be the case?

Given the multiple issues over the course of today and the length of them, I feel I can comfortably confirm that this is possibly a dDos attack on DE's Warframe servers.

I am also equally failing to login to Warframe and have experienced many unsaved mission and appearance changes. My Sortie recently reset itself when my progress was at 1 complete and now it's back to zero progress.

4 minutes ago, zerofighter005v said:

You've experienced something similar like what happened to me too?

I am also equally failing to login to Warframe and have experienced many unsaved mission and appearance changes.

Reading helps.

FYI, failing to login due to server issues does not temporarily ban your ip or ban you at all for the matter, I would suggest that you sit tight and stay patient for any updates.

Edited by --Q--Alexis
extra comment

Thanks. If the "Login Failed" due to "Server Not Responding" in-game, "Unknown" errors after successfully login on website, "Temporary IP Ban due to too many logins" note I mentioned are DDos attacks like you said... then I hope you're right about this...

I got a temporary ban because of trying to log into my account but this was because of the server problems. Still not trying to login into the game because I cannot finish any mission because network not responding. I skip my plans for tommorow because today cannot reach what I wanted. Luckily one of my missions on PoE was saved so at least not lost those rewards but still annoying. The forum is somehow was the same to me not so long ago so I guess they have major issues which interupting both the game both the website too.

I'm also confused with this...

I get a "Temporary IP Login Ban" due to server problems just like Lady_Lumia said, and yet I can still login my account in the website through the market's "Buy Platinum" in-game. 

I would kindly need an explanation or a reason for this... :sad:

Server issue. happened to me too moments ago, in the middle of mod changing it says network connection issue, then game stoped working and launcher freezes on checking for updates then it says ERROR Internet connection issue.

Can log in again.

Edited by AmirBan

4 minutes ago, zerofighter005v said:

yet I can still login my account in the website through the market's "Buy Platinum" in-game. 

I would kindly need an explanation or a reason for this... :sad:

You can still access the website because it is not directly the game. A friend of mine was banned due to reasons that are irrelevant here and he was still able to login to his account on Warframe's website. The website and the game itself are not exclusively the same. This is most likely due to the fact you can appeal to get your account unbanned if you have a valid explanation to contest the reason of the ban.

The reason for your temporary ban has resulted due to issues connecting to the game where the server was suffering from problems itself, most likely due to dDos attacks.

If DE does not automatically fix this, I would suggest sending in a support ticket, because this is not your fault.

failed to log in im at a net cafe is warframe servers down again? DE please fix this issue i even changed my password at home yesterday i was playing fine no dcs now im at my internet cafe tryin to play warframe saying failed to log in check your info