Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma Prime or Limbo Prime?

The_Stonk

If the devs keep to the release schedule for the next prime frame after Zephyr, it would be Limbo. But because Chroma is (at least from what I've seen) more popular than limbo, would it be more likely for Chroma Prime to be released first? If they do, it wouldn't be the first time they swapped around the order of prime frames being released compared to the release of their non-prime version. Any ideas as to which prime frame will come first?

Limbo could use a rework once again, not many people play him anyhow and he literally has 2 useful abilities and one of them relies on the other being casted first. And most people dont like limbo in missions anyway. I doubt people will enjoy huge influx of limbo's in missions...

vor 6 Minuten schrieb Aleksi134:

he literally has 2 useful abilities and one of them relies on the other being casted first.

Banish (on frames like Mesa =1), Statis (2), Cataclysma (either with Statis in Mdef/Interception or spamming for Crate opening=3/4)

I think you don't know many aspect of him. And Rift Surge can be pretty strong too (4/5).

I think you did some miscounting.

Also he is at least more versatile than Chroma (nowadays just played meta for Triolons)

Edited by GnarlsDarkley

I rather welcome the prospect of seeing Limbo become Prime in the not too distant future.  Since such a thing puts that top-hat-wearing poorly designed atrocity right in the spotlight at center stage.  Pretty much ensuring he'll get another rework that can hopefully address his countless issues.

Only thing that would potentially cause them to swap the order and hit Chroma first would be if DE doesn't feel that they have the time to properly rework the train-wreck magician in time for his potential Prime release.  Since Chroma is in a relatively decent spot overall, comparatively.

24 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

They tend to stick to the schedule, except for the holidays where they do the popular one. It's not the holidays, so my bet is on Limbo. 

Stick to the schedule?? yeah why dont you ask Banshee how well they stuck to the schedule

7 minutes ago, Zhoyzu said:

hopefully chroma. Limbo isnt even worth the plat it costs for a warframe slot

dont blame limbo if you cant limbo

back to the topic , limbo is older when chroma so my gues limboprime will come out before chroma

Limbo rift mexhanics and specifically how other players interact with them is the place that needs a rework.

His entire kit functions well atm.

Passive allows him to shift dimensions freely, going where he needs to in ordrr to act.

His one allows him to specifically banish single targets or small groups for a duration

His 2 lets him stop movement in the rift, acting as a hard cc and letting him setup huge burst damage

His 3 is a perfect tool for keeping enemies in the rift while pulling more enemies in as well

His 4 is a wide area ability that places an area in the rift making anything inside immune to non rifted enemies outside while anything that is inside or enters the cataclysm automatically comes under limbos control.

The kit perfectly is setup to keep ememies under cc, the problem is that other frames can do this without immunizing enemies to allied damage.

33 minutes ago, Zhoyzu said:

hopefully chroma. Limbo isnt even worth the plat it costs for a warframe slot

You remind me of the Mesa (MR25) that flamed me because she couldn't use her Peacemaker in the cataclysm ^^

maybe you should try to learn Frames before judging them.

On Topic: You cant really tell which one because Mirage and Zephyr were swapped as well, but that might be due to Zephyrs Rework.

I kinda want Chroma first to see his appearance and in a hope DE will finally make it so energy colour doesn't dictate his element and/or make it some sort of toggle.

It's really annoying for fashion and I find it irritating that they didn't sort this out last time he was examined or even when they were thinking of universal WF passives.

But I can see how Limbo is more important so he can get another proper rework.

Edited by Valiant

2 hours ago, The_Stonk said:

If the devs keep to the release schedule for the next prime frame after Zephyr, it would be Limbo. But because Chroma is (at least from what I've seen) more popular than limbo, would it be more likely for Chroma Prime to be released first? If they do, it wouldn't be the first time they swapped around the order of prime frames being released compared to the release of their non-prime version. Any ideas as to which prime frame will come first?

please dragon prime first

I love Limbo's classy aesthetic, but also want Chroma's Primed pelt for glorious dragon cosplay.

Either way, both frames could use more tweaks. I would applaud DE if they actually hunkered down and addressed the polarizing designs of Limbo's kit to improve team enjoyment. Alongside making Spectral Scream worth casting.

well, it'll be a summer release, Chroma is more popular and Limbo may get reworked again, so all these make me think Chroma could appear first. Chroma just need a little more efficiency when using Effigy and no longer having energy colour tied to his elements and he'll be perfect. Limbo may need looking at again as interest in him has not risen much and many still don't fully understand what he can do. I'm fine with Limbo as he is, but I won't be surprised if they rework him before his eventual priming.

I'm more concerned about the weapons they come with. I'm thinking Destreza Prime and Afuris Prime for Limbo, and perhaps Rubico Prime and Lacera Prime for Chroma.

18 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

well, it'll be a summer release, Chroma is more popular and Limbo may get reworked again, so all these make me think Chroma could appear first. Chroma just need a little more efficiency when using Effigy and no longer having energy colour tied to his elements and he'll be perfect. Limbo may need looking at again as interest in him has not risen much and many still don't fully understand what he can do. I'm fine with Limbo as he is, but I won't be surprised if they rework him before his eventual priming.

I'm more concerned about the weapons they come with. I'm thinking Destreza Prime and Afuris Prime for Limbo, and perhaps Rubico Prime and Lacera Prime for Chroma.

i'm holding out hope for redeemer prime myself

On 24/03/2018 at 8:59 PM, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

I mostly use Effigy for AFK farming Polymer Bundles, Vex Armor is the way to go, specially with a good squad and boosting Chroma's range so everyone can have it, about removing his element choice by color I don't think that will happen, I mean his name is CHROMA and I think his passive makes him unique in that sense (I like Shock aura a lot tho') and about Limbo, yeah.. He needs a rework, it's still pretty annoying to have a Limbo on the team, he's not bad just annoying