The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

KeePass Login Screen

Evilentity

Good day,

Im using KeePass to save my passwords, which are very long and pain in the rear to type by hand. This password manager has cool autotype feature. In current client, TAB call from KeePass doesnt work, wich makes it write login and password on single line. Adding delays and stuff does not help the metter. It is also impossible to copy paste the password.

My suggestion is to fix this issue in one way or another. Typing very long password with random characters numbers and symbols is not that fun. Ability so save password would be cool i guess?

Thanks.

Good day,

Im using KeePass to save my passwords, which are very long and pain in the rear to type by hand. This password manager has cool autotype feature. In current client, TAB call from KeePass doesnt work, wich makes it write login and password on single line. Adding delays and stuff does not help the metter. It is also impossible to copy paste the password.

My suggestion is to fix this issue in one way or another. Typing very long password with random characters numbers and symbols is not that fun. Ability so save password would be cool i guess?

Thanks.

http://xkcd.com/936/

Use a password that is easy to remember and hard to guess, and you won't have to use programs to do it for you.

• 2 weeks later...

Well first of there isn't really an issue to fix here. Keepass is s a totally unrelated software from a different developer and the autotype function not working hasn't got anything to do with this game or it's UI. If at all it would be something the developers of KeePass would have to "fix" not the developers of Warframe.

That being said, you actually can use the autotype function of KeePass with a little fiddling around. First just change it to only autotype the password for the Warframe entry. The username/e-mail is stored on the log in screen anyway and even if it wasn't shouldn't be hard to type yourself. Now if you assign a not used or rarely ever used key (for axample the pause key next to scroll lock, * on the numpad or something similar) as the "Global auto type"- key in the Integrations tab found in the options it easily works. If you want to do it this way i would advise you to be sure you take a key you won't accidently press while in any type of chat though.

Lastly while it does work i do agree that you probably should think about your choice of passwords. I can actually think of quite a few situations where you can't use or don't have access to programs that manage your passwords and it can be quite annoying if you need to check your e-mails and can't remember your password.

I know passwords that i need to know. You suggest i memorize hundreds of passphrases? Or worse, reuse them? That said with one of the latest patches you login on the launcher, wich works fine with keepass. Maybe now i will play this game.

thanks for suggesting using keepass for password only, i havent thought about it for some stupid reason,