Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ever Going to be a TennoGen sale?

23 minutes ago, LightningAWG said:

Is there any good reason for this?

13 minutes ago, General_Durandal said:

Why?

Presumably it involves complications between DE, Steam, and all the content creators. Considering the price is split between all of them.

Don't know for certain.

6 hours ago, General_Durandal said:

What single costumes in what games are more then 6.99$?

Vindictus--$20 to $30 for the normal/premium, up to $300 or so for the ones that come in RNG boxes--Black Desert Online--$20 to $30 for the whole sets including weapons--Star Wars: The Old Republic. Guild Wars 2 as well at basically $8.75, though they are account wide once you buy them at that price.

The prices here are fair. It's a bit ridiculous for people to expect the items to be $1.00 a pop or something when these aren't coming from artists drawing a salary from the company already. I certainly think the prices in some other games are ridiculous, but the one's here are more than fair.

8 hours ago, General_Durandal said:

What single costumes in what games are more then 6.99$?

Like every costume for FFXIV is 7 dollars at least. BDO has 30 dollar outfits. Skins in OW, LOL, DOTA are much more. To name a few more off the top of my head you also have ESO, WoW (premium mounts), Vindictus, TERA etc. If you wanna push a little further we also can look at PUBG where everything is either $.04 or $200 and looks cool. 

Warframe's are actually some of the cheapest around. The reason for not having sales, and it would be real scummy if they did honestly, is that the creator of the skin gets a cut of the profits (the entire point of tennogen). If there was to be a sale, then 1) I imagine most people wouldn't bother paying full price ever and 2) it'd be cutting profit from the creator. After DE and Valves cut's on a 75% off tennogen the creator would probably receive next to nothing.

I can't imagine people would be as willing to spend time to create skins that may or may not be added if this were the case.

On 3/25/2018 at 3:59 AM, LightningAWG said:

Is there any good reason for this?

On 3/25/2018 at 4:11 AM, General_Durandal said:

Why?

On 3/25/2018 at 4:28 AM, rapt0rman said:

Presumably it involves complications between DE, Steam, and all the content creators. Considering the price is split between all of them.

Don't know for certain.

Because DE has a contract with both Valve Corporation and Tennogen artists to sell items for specific amounts of money, based on the kind of item, and to give Tennogen artists 30% of that and Valve Corporation some portion of the 70% that Tennogen artists don't receive. To offer a discount for Tennogen is to cheat Tennogen artists and Valve out of the money they are contractually-obligated to receive.

Edited by A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n

9 hours ago, True_Naeblis said:

Vindictus--$20 to $30 for the normal/premium, up to $300 or so for the ones that come in RNG boxes--Black Desert Online--$20 to $30 for the whole sets including weapons--Star Wars: The Old Republic. Guild Wars 2 as well at basically $8.75, though they are account wide once you buy them at that price.

The prices here are fair. It's a bit ridiculous for people to expect the items to be $1.00 a pop or something when these aren't coming from artists drawing a salary from the company already. I certainly think the prices in some other games are ridiculous, but the one's here are more than fair.

6 hours ago, Darksoul9669 said:

Like every costume for FFXIV is 7 dollars at least. BDO has 30 dollar outfits. Skins in OW, LOL, DOTA are much more. To name a few more off the top of my head you also have ESO, WoW (premium mounts), Vindictus, TERA etc. If you wanna push a little further we also can look at PUBG where everything is either $.04 or $200 and looks cool. 

Warframe's are actually some of the cheapest around. The reason for not having sales, and it would be real scummy if they did honestly, is that the creator of the skin gets a cut of the profits (the entire point of tennogen). If there was to be a sale, then 1) I imagine most people wouldn't bother paying full price ever and 2) it'd be cutting profit from the creator. After DE and Valves cut's on a 75% off tennogen the creator would probably receive next to nothing.

I can't imagine people would be as willing to spend time to create skins that may or may not be added if this were the case.

Well, those are MMOs, which are already a money sink. (i avoid MMO's like the plague)
Not surprised to see they have ridiculously O.P. (over priced) stuff.

Not asking for TenGen skins to be 1$ each, just 1$ less.
so 5.99 instead of 6.99 for Skins.
4.99 instead of 5.99 for syandanas.
4.99 instead of 5.99 for helmets.
ect

Edited by General_Durandal

Highly unlikely. Each Tennogen item is, in effect, a separate contract with a person. To offer discounts, DE would have to either renegotiate the contract or decide to pay the difference themselves. Neither one of those is going to happen. 

When you buy a Tennogen item, you have to do so knowing that you are doing so to support DE and the skin creator. Alternatively, you can go onto Steam and create your own skins and make $$$$$!!! :D

if you'd played path of exille you'd realize how much cheaper the cosmetics in warframe are. 

also as people have mentioned... they are made by fans, they aren't made by DE. 

also the quality of tennogen far surpasses anything you can build or buy with plat (for the most part anyway.. some of the 150 plat skins are nice) so it's more than worth it. Most of the tennogen is of amazing quality. 

Edited by NurglesSocks

I think the best chance you'd have is if a Tennogen content creator specifically requested DE to make them free for a limited time or combining packs together. Buy one get one free?

Idunno, I think it's more up to a Tennogen creator than DE. And a lot of it is up to DE.

5 minutes ago, Zahnny said:

I think the best chance you'd have is if a Tennogen content creator specifically requested DE to make them free for a limited time or combining packs together. Buy one get one free?

Idunno, I think it's more up to a Tennogen creator than DE. And a lot of it is up to DE.

That's not up to a Tennogen creator. You're forgetting that Valve is involved as well. It's not just between DE and Tennogen artists.

• 1 month later...