The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Petition To Get Rid Of Solo Mode.

Nagisawa

60+ Raptor runs solo'd as Frost because other people blow up and I have to revive them.

30+ Kela runs solo'd as Rhino (thats right, Nagi, RHINO) because people can't dodge rockets and I have to revive them.

20+ Tyl runs solo'd as Rhino (AMG, IT'S LIKE A TREND!) because Tyl is a pansy and Rhino says "Die."

If you can handle it, soloing some bosses is much quicker than dealing with a team.  I also like to pause and scratch my &#! sometimes whilst boss smashing.

Why are you talking about skill?  Tyl is easy, but he's tedious because he takes so damn long to die.

And that's the problem.  The game is set for 4 players, and although some places are easy, but it's still too long, and based for 4 players, which means most enemies are designed to be taking fire from at least four weapons.  The game is not scaled for Solo.

DE doesn't seem care about scaling and balance.

Why are you talking about skill?  Tyl is easy, but he's tedious because he takes so damn long to die.

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT ANYMORE?!?! DO YOU EVER TAKE A CONSISTENT STANCE ON ANYTHING?

You said that you have trouble soloing lowbie planets with RHINO.  Yet you say a level 45 BOSS who can turn invisible, blink infront of you, and bash you into the ground is easy? 

YOU.

DON'T.

LOGIC.

You're not getting it.  I'm bad at explaining myself.

Removing Solo would mean people who want to play alone, they'd get the same value for their time (as it stands right now) by choosing Private and not inviting anyone.  Right now, the biggest stumbling block for it is the inability to pause the game in Private.

It would also show people that the game is set for 4 players.

You do realize that "Private Mode" isn't the same as "Offline" since while in "Private Mode" member of your contact/friends list can join you, and those that aren't on your list can't join.

So playing "Private" isn't going to give you the type of game play as playing "Solo"

Edited by Zancross

Ok. Nagi? I'm giving you one last chance. I really recommend you read.

Solo mode - while yes, needs balancing for enemy spawns, health, shields, armor, and damage - has the benefit of being able to pause the game at any time you want, in the midst of a firefight, before entering another room, whatever. Just to get a drink, take a breather, snacks. This feature, cannot be found in Private, Invite, or Online. Regardless if you're soloing or not in either of these modes.

Private - Anyone in your contact list may join your game freely. No randomers.

Invite - Only you can invite players into your game.

Solo Mode? Doesn't have these features. It may have the ability to pause the game, but that's the only other difference besides anything dealing with networking.

Your thoughts have been inconsistent, as I can't tell - after 8 pages - of what you want done. This, then that, something is hard, another thing is easy.

Also : I would like you to go back and compare how many up votes there are that there is against your argument, compared to your own. I have seen at least as high as 30~50 on one response in this thread. Please bare in mind : The forums is only a vocal minority. What players think in the game that do not read the forums frequently is a different story.

If you honestly can't grasp this, I would like to request - before further flaming - this thread be removed, locked, or just to let it die. I'm trying to be as genial as possible with this, I recommend you take action and either restate what you want, in clear thought. Organize your thoughts onto pen and paper (Or hell, your computer's document editor of choice), make what you want known in the best way possible so everyone may understand your point.

I will say this : I agree. Soloing needs to be reworked. But it does not need to be removed. It has too valuable of a use even in its current state. In due time, it may be fixed, but until DE takes action, it will not happen. It is possible to solo without rushing. Staying out of sight. Taking out enemies tactically with silenced weapons. Being able to run about and open up loot containers without being seen. All of this is possible with any warframe. Even casuals can do this.

Edited by BladeMaverick

Smells like troll bait.

Including the fact that you get 4 revives on each Warframe every 24hrs along with various other reasons mentioned in the thread, there is very little reason why you can't complete solo mode.

There also no reason why you can't avoid the maps you can't solo and find a party for them.

Furthermore, I personally find solo mode handy for when my internet decides to go down the drain, and I don't want my friends to join when I can't host.

Edited by TheGlitchy

I use solo for testing weapons and mod combination.

Solo is nice for testing weapon and for knowing limit for your warframe (shield, armor, health etc.)

And for mission like raid, or sabotage, is fun doing it solo since you do not need to rush and enjoy killing enemy while predicting dps and weak point of every enemies.

For boss, every boss have it own weakness and strategy, and you have to find way to exploit it. Like j3 golem, you would die easily if you close counter it, so use long range weapon. Or raptor you can hide somewhere between the building and hitting it.

Solo is a good way to collecting materials too.

And the ability to pause the game, make me able to do another thing like eating, drink etc.

So solo is basically for have fun and relax

Guys, again, just stop replying and this thread will disappear

OP, stop, you have no support. If thats not a sign to stop coming up with half-baked arguments, then i don't know what is. Everybody is against you and not a single signature has been signed.

Solo just needs a rework... you know, keep a save file on the PC so that if internet is out you can still play the game by yourself. That'd be awesome :P

Wouldnt that in the end ban the person who made that petition?

More than likely someone else already answered this, but sadly that would be a bad idea. People will find a way to hack that saved file pretty much instantly.

Good idea, but just too easy to exploit.

Edited by SoulEchelon

You're asking for Devs to close down solo mode because there's no scaling. You claim to have asked numerous times for scaling but failed. Try again. Post the new petition for scaling link on this thread. Support will pour down like hail after drought. But right now, what you're asking for doesn't address the issue.

You want scaling. Create a petition for scaling.