The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why download warframe 15gb, for AFK?

EvilDarknessAlien

if i see someone AFK without even trying to be clever about it, especially if its a nidus that put the stupid zit and hide in a corner in defense, i'll just leave, even if im host, not dealing with leechers, everyone else can try and make do otherwise.

3 hours ago, BloodKitten said:

if i see someone AFK without even trying to be clever about it, especially if its a nidus that put the stupid zit and hide in a corner in defense, i'll just leave, even if im host, not dealing with leechers, everyone else can try and make do otherwise.

Well i am not talking about frames, i am talking about afkers, i play with nidus, but doesnt hide, i talk about AFKers doesnt movement.

Report them including video or detailed screenshots (activity, location on the map etc.).
Many cases are quite obvious - 0 abilities, 0 kills, not following objective, player located near the entrance or distant, isolated part of the map etc.
Unfortunately some parasites are being clever - they move a bit and kill several enemies not to show empty on activity screen and go afk shortly afterwards.

AFK-leeching was a plague not so long ago especially in PoE bounties and Kuva missions.
It seems to be a bit better recently, not sure whether it's caused by:
A) reports actually lead to account suspensions 
B) CoD kids infestation got bored and moved on to poisoning another game

Ugh, mass influx of new players since Plains of Eidilon update brought a lot of these "AFKers/Leechers", true enough they existed before but it was kinda rare to bump into one, now? I am lucky if I only meet 5 for a week of playtime(I ignore leechers and quit the mission, if I see that my new pug has an ignored person then it's for a good reason).

Honestly I guess I've been kinda lucky I've only run into a hand full of truly AFK players (mostly in the plains) in my years of playing. That said they can be extremely irritating.

The ultimate problem is that there really isn't much DE can do that won't ultimately cause larger issues for regular players. About the only thing I could figure that might maybe work would be a report option from within the game that would also send support in game telemetry data for each player to validate the claim. However there are instances where people have a reason to be fairly inactive, like spy missions. Since there are only three vaults and there are four players, if you either don't get a vault or don't know them well enough you are best served not really doing anything, tho that mostly applies to sorties. So what happens when people report someone in that situation for doing "nothing" when there is essentially nothing to do?

Be careful that they actually are AFK and not suffering from that dumb door wont open bug. Or some of the other rogue connection issues that renders some players unable to actually contribute to the mission.

Theres a bug going around when doors wont open no matter what you do. Seems to happen mostly to me on Uranus tiles I mostly solo or go with friends anyway so its no big deal. Afk'ers in PoE is more likely just the mission objective location + spawn distance being too far for them to even reach. I done a PoE run 3 weeks ago where i spawned at the door as 1st bounty was cleared and I didnt actually catchup to the group until they cleared the 4th bounty. Where i'd only killed one enemy and suddenly had to do more bullet jumping to the last bounty.

I have no idea why they AFK..you need materials, you need Xp with affinity gain, so the guy all the way back at the start isn't getting any of that...they must be throwbacks to FPS trying out Warframe and lost on the farming and have no idea beyond the I'm screwing everyone mentality but rather they are only hurting themselves on the long run acquisitions.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)FriendSharkey said:

I have no idea why they AFK..you need materials, you need Xp with affinity gain, so the guy all the way back at the start isn't getting any of that...they must be throwbacks to FPS trying out Warframe and lost on the farming and have no idea beyond the I'm screwing everyone mentality but rather they are only hurting themselves on the long run acquisitions.

This is my point and i agree.

15 hours ago, HellVOps said:

Ugh, mass influx of new players since Plains of Eidilon update brought a lot of these "AFKers/Leechers", true enough they existed before but it was kinda rare to bump into one, now? I am lucky if I only meet 5 for a week of playtime(I ignore leechers and quit the mission, if I see that my new pug has an ignored person then it's for a good reason).

I take hosting afker, 2 times its really boring