17 days in - input would be welcome :-)

Question

Greetings Everyone.

I'm LordFalcon and i came back to Warframe on my PS4. Tried the game first on PC a few years ago, am now really impressed what Digital Extreme did in the meantime. I'm from germany, so please excuse possible grammatical errors. I'm not looking for "the best XY" here, but i would appreciate input and suggestions in what to do next to improve. Not that i have nothing to do - it's rather i have so much i want to do at the same time, i stretch myself thin. The game has so much content, one can loose track or focus and easily oversee important thngs like unlocked weapons that would be an improvement or something...

At the moment i am running into the first felt raise of difficulty on Uranus as i don't find many groups there and some missions are solo a bit challanging while maintaining gear that has to be leveled. But it's doable yet. Have to do Natah for the next bridge, and have no clue what those "drones" are i have to scan before. 5 Missions only melee will be interesting too.

What i already did in my first 17 days of casual evening play:

MR6
-Got a Taxon early on, and im currently leveling a Carrier
-Maxed Excalibur,
-Maxed Rhino and put my only potato on it as i really like his playstyle beeing able to a) mitigate damage myself and b) beeing able to damage-buff the party on defenses etc. feels really great
-Build Frost (not played yet, liked it on PC a few years back)
-Build Oberon (14) feels a bit squishy and the skills are not my style as of yet. I thought his Heal would be useful like Rhino's "2" but i'm not there yet)
-Just started building Nova
-Missing only the Chassis (Axi drop or plat buy) (and probably some ressources) for Valkyr Prime (which sounded like it yould be a frame fitting very good to my playstyle)

Maxed a few weapons and Build some just for getting XP (and was lucky from the time i started, due to the current event weapons wich are quite powerful). Skana, Fragor, Atterax(nice thing, maybe putting a potato in some day), Heat-Sword, MK1-Kunai, Lato and Aklato, Lex and currently leveling Aklex, Braton (which i preffered over my first choice bow), HEK (which i put a potato in, really like that one - can't wait for getting a multishot mod), Boltor (which has to be leveled) and at the moment leveling the Bow Dread which i have incredible fun with on 125% crit and faster reload times.

Really want to get my hands on the dark-split-sword, as it looks really nice on paper as dual-wield, but i think i have to get in a dojo for that.

Am on 44k/70k with steel meridian, bit lower on the red veil and on my way back to neutral with the cephalon suda, wich i didn't realise they get penalty when i do red veil quests, so i was like -5000 xD Working my way at least to neutral there and am thinking of a way to raise them logically. CS->RV->SM probably. I Like doing sabotage missions alone to collect all of those relics without time/team pressure.

Want to try Loki and Ivara, but one is out of reach yet and the other one comes with more sab.missions. Bit stupid to farm specifically for. Nekros and Nidus are out of reach for me yet and Hydroid looks cool on paper but the prime version is out of reach yet and i'm not sure i want to farm the normal one as i don't really like the bossfight and there is so much else to do xD

So.... if you have any ideas what i could look into or have questions you are welcome. I've already seen the community is very friendly and helpful.

Have a nice day

Lord Falcon

Edited by LordFalcon666
grammatical errors

13 answers to this question

Honestly my two biggest 'recommendations' are:

1 - Orokin Reactors/Catalysts, since they double the mod capacity of weapons and frames, meaning you can go way further in modding without needing to forma right away.

2 - Warframe Wiki/Self research. Warframe is simply too big for anyone to give any specific advice without others claiming theirs to be more important so honestly you're much better off doing self research. It's also an independent way of learning Warframe

Rhino is amazing warframe i think u wont stop enjoying him in the game throughout

Few tips i can give you about the game is mainly enjoy don't do things that u don't like repeatedly doing ( like farming 1 boss for hours straight that u dont enjoy fighting) 

- Make formas everyday (very important)

- Try to get much orokin reactors and catalysts from alerts (mostly gifted on dev stream days)

- Try Experiencing weapons, i see you like shotguns so i can say is work your way to building more of them, there are some really good shotguns in the game, Tigris prime for example (MR 13 required) 

- If ur still around jupiter in the star chart, make sure to get nova (she can help you cheese most off the content in the game) with frost  rhino and nova you can do a lot of missions.

- DO the quests, especially Natah quest, second dream , the war within  

All i can say is there is a  lot to do in the game when you begin, find what makes you happy and keep doing it! enjoy tenno

Edited by ZirkonX

Welcome back to Warframe LordFalcon, very nicely written btw, you've actually come back at a really good time as lots of new things are happening.  If you're looking for someone to go through the starchart with .. my IGN is Madas007 just friend me if you want  .. I dont mind helping out with farming etc.. especially those Ivara's, equinox, loki's etc..  The others have covered off most things you should do everyday like Orokin Reactors and Catalysts, formas, Nitain alerts etc.. so enjoy and like i said if you need some company while doing the grind .. 

Hello and welcome Falcon ;)

for the first, I recomment to do the main questlines ( up to "The War Within") Those you´ll get while unlocking the other planets. What I would recomment further: Try everything ;) There were so many things that have made me a surprised smile on my face, because often that was much more fun that i´ve expected.

Und sollten sich noch weitere Fragen ergeben, darfst du dich auch gerne in "unserem Forum" melden, dort helfen wir dir auch gerne weiter!

-> https://forums.warframe.com/forum/112-deutsch/

The generic recommendations still apply to you:

- Continue Opening the Start Chart
- Finish the Quests
- Continue to get Mastery

Now, the particulars. Well, the Wiki will spoil as much as you want. For those "drones", run lots of missions on Uranus, pay attention for the lights flashing blue and have scanners at hand. They also have a distinctive sound. That is the major hurdle, they will then send you to do more scans in the quest line, and other stuff.

Yeah level up all your gear. Anything you got, even if you do not like it much.

I believe masoquist soft tank Oberon would be viable for you. Search for builds, youtube has plenty, there is also warframe builder. If it does not tick with you, just level it up for the mastery.

So, you are getting Valkyr prime? Ok, farm a regular Valkyr, build it, level it up. Doing this will give you mastery (to help you rank up) and give you some experience with her abilities. Do not put Orokin Reactor or Forma... instead, sell it for credits, and reuse the slot for your Valkyr prime.

Ah, those syndicates. Focus on two that are allies and max those, you can then pick a neutral to them and max than, then the ally to the neutral will have bring penalty to one of those to which you started... you decide if you want to stay or move on. However: get all their weapons and any mod you may want from them before you move on.

Do not worry much for a warframe you cannot fram right now. Focus on your quests for the time being. It appears you still need some important mods, you have the option to get pl to buy them from other players, or find people to help you farm them. That would also apply to any prime gear.

And finally. warframe.tools is your friend.

I think you would enjoy having access to a dojo, and the research it will provide you.  Dont be afraid of "spending" resources, it part of the game.  Recruit chat is your friend, join others on farming/credit/rad shares and level up every weapon you can get your hands on.

I'm exactly at the same point as you are (Uranus, 2 weeks in), and so far, while the difficulty is starting to ramp up, it's still easy to solo missions (except Archwings ones, I don't like Archwing and didn't level it), apart from bosses (I can hardly solo Raptors on Europa for example, they do too much damage).

One of the thing that help me a lot is the freebie Dex Sybaris, with the built-in potato. Put the damage mod, and elemental damage mods, and you can continue to kill everything easily. Rhino helps a lot with his 2, almost invincible as long as you don't take heavy fire.

Frost is a let-down, he doesn't have great survivability of Rhino nor the utility of Excalibur. I guess he starts to get great when you have all the ability mods (that you don't have yet at that point), so I'd advise you not to use it on "hard" mission (just use him in easy alerts to level him).

The "drones" are Oculyst, some invicible blue humanoid things (they won't fight you) that you have to scan with a Codex Scanner. You find them from time to time.

As a sentinel, you might want to try the Diriga when you get Argon crystals. It does some good damage (it oneshot a lot of things with his sniper rifle).

1 час назад, theraot сказал:

So, you are getting Valkyr prime? Ok, farm a regular Valkyr, build it, level it up. Doing this will give you mastery (to help you rank up) and give you some experience with her abilities. Do not put Orokin Reactor or Forma... instead, sell it for credits, and reuse the slot for your Valkyr prime.

no way you gonna experience weapon-based frame with just building it.

for valkyr you need either 4 primed mods and nice melee(eg prisma cleavers) for hysteria and at least hirudo for basic warcry, meme galatine or whip for normal, and lesion overload for advanced 150+ survival, fully modded, with all that r10 ppp stuff. same goes for mesa and some other weaponized frames, like wukong and inaros.

Edited by Sqecmi

Welcome back Lordfalcon like others have said make forma daily, do alerts for the orokin catalysts and reactors and any rare resource, i.e. nitain, also do any quests you have access to and can do without to much difficulty. Since you seem to like shotguns try out the pump shotgun in the market, I honestly don’t remember the master requirement on it or the resources to make it but if you can build it do it, it is a really nice gun.

You said also how you were leveling items while still progressing through missions and quests and it added a bit more difficulty to it. I also am leveling items constantly but just my secondary and melee weapon. I have found my favorite frame and primaries to use for the somewhat tougher missions a low level frame/weapon could be used on. I suggest while doing quests/new missions with somewhat higher levels put your best frame and primary on you will still level up mastery fairly quickly.

Good luck tenno

7 hours ago, LordFalcon666 said:

Am on 44k/70k with steel meridian, bit lower on the red veil and on my way back to neutral with the cephalon suda, wich i didn't realise they get penalty when i do red veil quests, so i was like -5000 xD Working my way at least to neutral there and am thinking of a way to raise them logically. CS->RV->SM probably. I Like doing sabotage missions alone to collect all of those relics without time/team pressure.

The syndicates fall into two groupings of the three left (SM, CS, AH) and the three right (PS, RV, NL).  Your grouping of CS, RV, and SM contain some from each side so it's a bad trio to try and level.  If you really want those three then you should add the fourth of AH and do all four.  Managing four is easy to do but it is slower because of the way you mitigate the negative effects you get overall less standing per day.  Really this option is best suited for players that have all the old offerings and want to have access to more new stuff if/when it comes out.

If you want stuff the fastest concentrate on only two syndicates, SM and RV.  Max those and acquire all their stuff.  When that is done you have a few options on what to do.  Either add in a third, a third+fourth, or switch pairs.  There are pros and cons to each option.

I got stuck on Neptune junction trying to find all three hidden caches. Know that you don’t have to do all three in one go 

Second Dream is THE cinematic quest. Go for it 

Although I picked Mag as a starter, I still played Volt and Excal to see what a different choice would have been. You can pick Volt from a dojo and Mag few more planets away. They both offer utility for the team (that’s not healing), if that’s what you’re into right now. 

Get Attica and Limbo. Good luck have fun, Tenno 

And also, even though it may feel like a hassle, helping people out randomly in PS chat can get you good karma and great adventures