Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Auto translate linked items.

Qruis

One would think that when you are linking an item on the chat, let's say [Serration], the game looks at the english language file, recognizes the name of an item, links it to the id of said item, and then the game on the other end reads that id, and links it to propper translation of it in spanish, [Sierra]. Easy, right?

I play in english while my friends play in spanish, and the randoms I get most of the time usually are from brasil meaning portuguese gets mixed in too. Linked items/weapons/mods/etc dont work at all if the language isn't the same on both ends, it just displays the text in the same language that it was written and can't be opened unless you set your language to theirs (Which is a real pain, considering I have to restart the game, change the language in the launcher, accept the ToS again, and waif for it to re-dowload the text files). Why is it like this?

On 3/26/2018 at 11:14 AM, Qruis said:

One would think that when you are linking an item on the chat, let's say [Serration], the game looks at the english language file, recognizes the name of an item, links it to the id of said item, and then the game on the other end reads that id, and links it to propper translation of it in spanish, [Sierra]. Easy, right?

It does happen, but not as consistently as intended. One common example is linking a riven mod, veiled or unveiled, in a certain language to a chat tab or conversation with a player whose game is in a different language; the game recognizes the id of the linked item and associates it with the build/language each player has.
We know they're working on a system that will be able to do this consistently but not a definitive date, probably this year.

Edited by osheroth