Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mutalist Cernos

LeenaHyral

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1343291216

Something seems alittle wrong with the damage numbers in that picture, cant quite put my finger on it though.......But in all seriousness, I just forma'd my Mutalist Cernos again, put in the usual damage mods and then slapped on that Stormbringer mod to give it Corrosive and now it has both Corrosive and Electricity, seems kinda bugged.

Also as a note, this does in fact deal Corrosive and Electricity damage in missions, just tested it after making this post.

Edited by LeenaHyral

Yes I'm aware that the main arrow deals no toxin damage, however the arrow now deals both Corrosive and Electric damage, Or I'm assuming it does since I doubt very highly that the cloud can crit for 89k Corrosive damage on a headshot. Either way I don't remember the damage listed showing up in that manner before one of the recent updates and I've had it for awhile. Also my friend who has played for 3 years said it wasnt normal for it to show up in that manner either so either they just made it so it does recently(despite the fact the arrow still deals Corrosive damage when it shouldnt) or its bugged.

I hadn't used this weapon in a long time, because frankly, it's not very good. However I just now tried it again to test your allegations and could not find any unusual behavior.

Arrows proc physical and lightning, not corrosion - the cloud procs poison and corrosion. I had used it with this elemental setup in the past as well (among others), and I don't see any difference to then at all.

I believe you are simply mistaken - if not, a conclusive screenshot might illuminate where your problem lies.

• 2 weeks later...

I have just found the same thing, and found this thread.

Fresh new Mutalist Cernos has Toxin.

Add 1 mod, Stormbringer, and now I have both Electricity AND Corrosive damage.

At least that what it tells me - I have not tested to see if arrow hit is different to a later cloud explosion... (like Zakti). At the least, it is confusing, but hey, ill take the extra damage fo sure.

Are people playing the same game as me because Mutualist Cernos is an amazing long Survival bow because it can strip armor and get rid of the stupid scaling armor have

Sure the damage is not immediate, but I can still kill a level 145 Corrupted bombard in 2-3 shots once armor is fully stripped .. 

• 3 years later...

I apologize for resurrecting an old thread, but this does appeear to be a bug, and it appears to still be in the game.

A base Mutalist Cerenos has:

369 Impact 
20.5 Puncture
20.5 Slash
and 5 Toxin

(410 Immediate damage, 5 / Status Tick)

Applying a proc mod such as Stormbringer (75%) Yields:

369 Impact
20.5 Puncture
20.5 Slash
307.5 Electricity
and 8.8 Corrosive

(717.5 Immediate damage, 8.8 / Status Tick)

So this mod alone added 75% damage immediately, AND 75% damage to the Status effect.

However, adding an additional proc mod (on top of Stormbringer) such as Hellfire (75%) We get:

369 Impact
20.5 Puncture
20.5 Slash
5 Toxin
and 7.5 Radiation

(410 Immediate Damage, 5 Toxin per Status Tick, and 7.5 Radiation, not sure how it applies)

It appears that when using multiple proc mods on the Mutalist Cernos the damage calculation is based off the status damage only, and not the weapon damage.

I will concede that I am not well versed in how WF calculates mods in general, so this may be an intended effect due to a situation from a different weapon. However, I believe that Using multiple mods that each contribute damage on their own, and having the resulting combination deal less damage than either mod individually is not in the spirit of what should be happening.

This might even be an undocumented yet intentional case for weapons that have AOE statuses. Although it would be nice to have better communication in game about when this comes into play, Or having a way to choose which mods contribute to the AOE, and which to the direct damage. However, due to the fact that a single mod affects both the direct damage AND the AOE effect, again leads me to believe that this is a bug.

WF Version 30.3.5