Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Destiny 2

Dawn11715

Ive been thinking about buying destiny 2, mainly as a place to go to when im burned out from warframe to change things up.

I dont plan on sinking too much time into it, nor do I want to buy any dlc and most certainly no lootboxes. 

I know there are a lot of controversies right now and a lot of people dislike the game and bungie.

That being said Im still interested if isome of you who played it found it to be a worthwhile experience if you play it casually in its base form.

Just now, Rakawan said:

It’s worthwhile until you’ve completed the campaign, done about five Crucible matches, done every Strike twice and found an Exotic you like. 

At that point it just becomes tedious. 

What this guy said. I absolutely loved the final version of Destiny 1. It needed a few tweaks, especially in the campaign department, but overall was a real fun experience.

Destiny 2, IMO, is such a huge step back and with everything that's come out after with Bungie's practices, I wouldn't recommend Destiny 2.

Destiny 1 still has a lot to offer and the community has migrated a bit back towards it, oddly enough.

I haven't play D1, but I played D2 with my hubs and he says that D1 was much better. We had fun going through D2, but overall it just wasn't that great for me. Coming from Warframe to D2 it felt like I was going back in time to a less polished game. And for the sake of your sanity DO NOT play warlock. The double jump is a nightmare and currently Bungie doesn't have fix in place for it even though they said it's not performing like it's supposed to XD. But it is something that is a great time filler, so if you've got nothing else lined up in your backlog, D2 it up!!

9 hours ago, PopeOwned said:

What this guy said. I absolutely loved the final version of Destiny 1. It needed a few tweaks, especially in the campaign department, but overall was a real fun experience.

Destiny 2, IMO, is such a huge step back and with everything that's come out after with Bungie's practices, I wouldn't recommend Destiny 2.

Destiny 1 still has a lot to offer and the community has migrated a bit back towards it, oddly enough.

I Know D1 is said to be a alot better after the Taken King Dlc.

I actually played d1 shortly after it came out with no the DLC on my Xbox 360. Graphics where terrible, worse then Halo 3 for some reason, but the core gameplay was ok. After completing the shallow story and doing a few raids with boring bullet sponge Bosses, I came back to warframe. Is d2 at least better than standard destiny1 ?

Edited by Dawn11715

D2 is a good game, maybe not a great game.
The biggest problem today, is that the new generation expect those games to be infinite in content, with an impossible amount of diverse loot, all equally end game viable and whatnot.

It has it's downsides compared to D1, but has it's upsides as well.
I've sunk many hours in both games (D1 and D2), and had fun with both, just don't expect this game is gonna give you 1000+ hours of gameplay, which it shouldn't anyway.

On the plus side, they've just released a new patch couple of days ago, that drastically changed the sandbox (overall movement/jump speed, super charge rate, buffed a bunch of weapons, etc).
I haven't played in a while and probably will only come back on the next expansion, since i already got the season pass, but it's a fun game.