Shrine of the Eidolon: Update 22.17.0 + 22.17.0.1

7 minutes ago, -Fe-McHamm3rShot said:
  • BUG REPORT - Host migration you lose all your Kuva rewards for the mission.

2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

A plethora of test runs

3 minutes ago, WhiteCr0w said:

As much as people love and put their faith in them, rivens are optional. There's no content in the game that require them to be completed. They're a "win more" mechanic in a God mode power fantasy PvE game. For the people who enjoy them, they're important. Making them easier to obtain, or re-roll would diminish what, arguably, little importance they actually have. People don't want to entertain the thought though, cuz' "muh rivenz".

When I'm more likely to die of old age before getting the specific stats I want, that's a problem. How would making it possible to get what you want (like everything else in the game) be too easy? Currently, even if you have the plat to blow, you may never see what you want in trade chat. Not asking for handouts here - by all mean, make the progression very long. Anything is better than gambling with your time, and I consider it an unethical system.

Wasn't this 

• Fixed Blueprints displaying the objects Rank when viewed in your Inventory.

Intentional? I think i remember a update adding this in so you didn't have to go out of your foundry to check if you've built/leveled whatever your looking at.

I'm probably not going to roll around for a few weeks until playing the game (taking a break to focus on a few real life emergenices), but I've been playing this game since the last 3 years or so and if there's anything I know above all else is that if you have decided on a value for a reward or price for acquisition for a certain game-mode- there's been a lot of thought and time been placed into making that decision and you guys really do have our and the game's best interests at heart and will modify said system based on feedback. I just wanted to express my trust and support for what you do and the decisions and features you integrate into Warframe. <3 

40 minutes ago, WhiteCr0w said:

As much as people love and put their faith in them, rivens are optional. There's no content in the game that require them to be completed. They're a "win more" mechanic in a God mode power fantasy PvE game. For the people who enjoy them, they're important. Making them easier to obtain, or re-roll would diminish what, arguably, little importance they actually have. People don't want to entertain the thought though, cuz' "muh rivenz".

No, it would increase their importance, because more people would be able to make use of them. Don't forget that this is a game, the purpose of which is to entertain. Anything that makes the game more fun is a good thing. You know what's not fun? Getting a riven with garbage stats and not being able to roll it because you don't have enough kuva, and not being able to get more kuva because you actually have a life and can't spend eight hours a day playing the game. If we could fix that and make the game more fun for more people, that would be great. Sure, it would diminish the fun of a few no-lifers who can afford to invest that kind of time into kuva farming and who derive pleasure from the fact that others have less than them, but on balance it would be a net improvement.

Edited by SordidDreams
3 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • Bullet Jumping or dodge rolling can now break you out of the Switch Teleport. Previously the only way to avoid being Switch Teleported is to kill the Commander while he is casting. 
  • Switch Teleport now delivers a Knockdown Status debuff after being teleported (unless Modded to avoid or minimize Knockdowns).

Nice Commander changes.
I particularly like the possibility to Tech Out.
May I assume that the knockdown replaces the 'helpless' animation?

Survival Life Support Towers no longer have interval spawn scaling (90 seconds + 1 second per pillar), instead they will just spawn every 90 seconds.

Well, at least it's not actively scaling negatively now.
Still, 200 per tower, 1 tower per 90 sec, you're sitting at 300 kuva per 135.
Compared with Kuva Siphons (600 avg per 125 sec), is my math wrong here?

Kuva Surv is 300/135 = 2.22 kuva per sec.
Kuva Siphon is 600/125 = 4.8 kuva per sec (assuming flawless capture, ofc); with Floods being double that.

Granted that you start the Surv with a tower, I'm not seeing how Kuva Surv sits between siphon and flood? Looks to me like it won't even equal a Siphon for the same amount of time - and Kuva Surv doesn't scale positively.

Edit: Oh, hm.
Assuming 3 towers in the first 5 min, that's 600 kuva, which is even with a standard, average Kuva siphon.
I'll have to count towers in 20 minutes, but that might actually hit break-even, since 300/90 is 3.33 kuva siphons (for 200 kuva each) per extra 5 min, which does put you just slightly ahead of the curve vs. siphons.

Edited by Chroia
Second thoughts on kuva surv
Только что, SordidDreams сказал:

and not being able to get more kuva because you actually have a life and can't spend eight hours a day playing the game

That's very good point. unfortunately f2p model would usually trade time for money. I'd love to see some stacking resource boosters.

1 minute ago, DonHotkey said:

That's very good point. unfortunately f2p model would usually trade time for money. I'd love to see some stacking resource boosters.

I get that, but that's why I keep saying base kuva rewards are way too low. Even with a booster a Flood is not enough for a single riven roll. It's ridiculous.

The current Kuva awarded per successful Kuva Harvester is set at 200. A plethora of test runs and acquired stats showed that 200 Kuva sat safely in between Kuva Siphon and Kuva Flood missions

no. Please raise this bar. We don't want something inbetween  siphons and floods. We want an alternative to floods that offer as much or MORE than a flood. Something worth our time. A lot of us, myself included; play this game efficiently. Meaning that floods is always the way to go when farming kuva because it offers the most. I'll probably never play endless kuva even though it would be really fun, because it DOES NOT OFFER ENOUGH.

Please raise the amount to at least 500 or 600 per siphon. Maybe even more. The farm to get kuva to roll even a few rolls on even just ONE riven is INSANE. It's INSANELY high. So if I want to roll multiple rivens, multiple times to get the perfect roll, I would have to grind for literally DAYS to get enough for a substantial and beneficial amount of rolls.

• Like 1

I think the point of endless kuva was not to give you more kuva faster, but to give you an option to stay with the same group, on the same map, to farm kuva. This really is survival plus some kuva, not to remove kuva as a limited resource (by stockpiling tons of it). If you think about it, you are getting more "things" faster since you are doing a regular survival  with the normal survival rewards and getting kuva at the same time. Endless kuva works more like excavation than a survival. Perhaps calling it "Kuva Extraction" describes the mission (and expectations) better. Getting more kuva was intended keep you playing longer (hence the limited number of nodes per interval). This is why nitain only comes around in random alerts (and a very rare drop in spy vaults)  Endless kuva was not (or never) intended to speed up that kuva-as-a-rare-resource grind.