Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shrine of the Eidolon: Update 22.17.0 + 22.17.0.1

[DE]Megan

25 minutes ago, FenrisHellhound said:

Thread Synopsis for people looking at the latest page or flipping though:

WOW INAROS SKIN.3% (What hey! It really sucks actually dammit DE same 3%, mostly, say 2.5%)

"Endless Kuva is Trash and DE should apologize and make the Kuva scale" - 85% of thread.

"Endless Kuva isn't that bad." - 5% of thread.

Vets yelling at each other for various reasons: 1%

Thank you for the update, roughly 4%

New Sword Skin is rad: roughly 1%

Misc Comments 1%

what about the portion of people who said the place holder was 200 kuva when we were shown it on the devstream unless i missed one today the amount of the place holder was 20. though not sure what i was expecting my opinion of the thread was reached before i started reading people complaining about things they want to happen and de is evil and mean if they dont give it, it's like a god damn kid in a candy store throwing a fit because he feels he deserves 2 candy bars because he was bored when he was told to wait for one after waiting 10 minutes and i was right should have just stopped when i read Voltage make his daily opinion but i gave the benefit of the doubt since DE actually gave them something to do but nooooo its not the way the "vets" want it the moment its given to them everyone riot reeeeee. insulting impersonations aside im just going take what im given de will improve it and change things around with time, im going to continue having fun in the game happy i dont have to deal with pricks during kuva siphons and can mindlessly gather kuva from doing survivals with my gf. NB4 someone calls me a DE white knight fanboy who thinks DE can do no wrong when in reality im just tired of whinny people constantly shouting their opinion the loudest in hopes DE will listen and do what they want and then complain again regardless of what DE does and me mentally hoping common sense will smack them upside the head and say stop it get some help then i dont know go buy some chicken Mc nuggets... i shouldn't rant when im hungry but goddamn i feel better now still hungry but better

1 hour ago, IceColdHawk said:

Why would i want to go through the hassle of stronger enemies and having to defend a tower for a mediocre kuva gain? DE needs to finally learn to balance difficulty with proper rewards.

+1

But i can say they really dont listen us. We have 25 pages backlash on Sheldons topic. They just want to keep us alive in game for rivens. But they really forget we were here before than rivens. I will be not bored if i get my dream, actually maybe it will make me more passionate.

a people can farm kuva about the 20 rolls in a day, if the person has no life can be 30. (105k kuva)

in 10 days, 200 or 300 rolls

in 100 days 2000 or 3000 rolls

do you think possible to find wanted stats?

no if you are not lucky impossible cuz there more than 40k possbilities.

keep rolling 

in 1000 days 20,000 or 30,000 rolls, you musted be found your wanted stats, or maybe still not if really spesific. Well your job is done here tenno. but 1,000 days almost 3 years. Anyone ready to waste 3 years for a single riven with spesific stats?

The endless kuva take place on kuva fortress, it seems that the mechanic is really different but DE try to combine which survival mission with mobile defense or defense style as they mention. I haven't tried the kuva flood yet. But since someone posted the gaining of the kuva and after i see that here is what i thought.

Kuva floods difficulty is so hard between lvl 80 - 100 enemies which this tells me that it can be endless or just some "endless" factor involved and the endless mission node (taevuni) starts at 35 ish enemies which you as the master of kuva flood will easily do this mission endlessly without any worrying of enemy. So it cannot be fair to compare this Taevuni with kuva flood. The reward of 200 is basically enough. Look at the difficulty guys. Another perspective that this one is compatible for those who cannot do flood YET, and still want to enjoy kuva endlessly without going to certain planet that give single kuva per mission. The goal of DE that i know is to provide ANOTHER way to gain kuva for those who can go flood and who don't (but also for those who completed flood). 200 seems reasonable, BUT

I agree with the scalling, the nature of survival is the enemy keep leveling up as the time goes. WITH THAT SAID, it would be fair and i have a nice idea where we gain bonus kuva each after rotation C which like fissure but with kuva. The reward is same with relics we got, the more time we spend the more quality relic is, to put it in kuva, the more time we spend the more we can gain bonus kuva. and it can be doubled with booster (not smeeta since it is a reward).

And for those who are talking about rolling riven, cannot say much since i am still new on this game (600 hours plus)

Okay, so, is it just me or are sentinels parking directly above the Warframe’s head now, and taking up way the hell more screen space than before?

I ran a mission in a grineer galleon, and Wyrm appeared to be:

1. Parked right on top of my head

2. Twice as big as usual

3. Blocking a significant portion of the screen - to the point that I could not see down hallways or into parts of larger rooms. 

It was not a problem when moving, but stopping brought Wyrm slinging into the foreground to block sight. Carrier did it too, but was not nearly as large on-screen. 

I would really love to see just a little bit of scaling on the reward, maybe even just like like +20 per extractor? It feels okay, but a reason to stay past 20 minutes would be nice. Honestly I think all endless missions should have a reason to stay for another rotation, rather than dealing with higher level enemies just to not have to go select the mission again.

Edit: Scaling rewards in the Index would be nice, and make sense imo.

7 hours ago, Rahlence said:

9600 kuva in a bit over 40 minutes with a booster and without a smeeta; and that was with a few life supports not being able to be transformed.  The rate is not bad at all.  I don't get all these people saying 200 is too low.  Now we just need to actually GET the kuva and we'll be fine.  i3oahi4.jpg

Now lets say you do a Kuva flood in on average 5 minutes (being generous) that's 1400. Divide that by minutes you 280 kuva per minute. You say you were using a resource booster(you shouldn't have to, to get reasonable amounts.) Half what you have thats 4800 Kuva after 40 minutes then divide that by minutes you get 120 Kuva per minute. Its more than double and its needlessly grindy, remember If you taxi you can do a Kuva flood multiple times thats 11200 Kuva after 40 minutes(being generous you could do it in less). After all that 11200 Kuva may seem like alot to you but role a riven mod 10 times you need 19950 Kuva after that it caps out and you need 3500 kuva per role. People arn't always lucky with riven roles, my friend has needed to re-roll his Guandao riven mod 21 times that 58450 Kuva and hes still hasn't got good stats and there are people who have re rolled it much more than he has.

When I was talking earlier it was calculation made by friends and I am sorry that they are wrong.

Make it 400 per tower, and this will increase the replability of this game by a mile. Currently endless Kuva gives less than actual kuva siphons/floods in the same ammount of time. Don't understand how that gave your team the green light, "working as intended." I mean it should have been 400 to begin with. 

I know im parroting most of this thread when i say this but the endless rewards NEED to scale in accordance to how long you run the mission something like 100 more kuva per 10 minutes spent would be fine, even could make sense the more kuva you collect the more the air gets saturated with the stuff so the more the filters can collect before they burn out, makes it worth something to stay in the mission beyond 15 or 20 minutes by providing a reason to stay to get the bigger rewards, more challenge should have more rewards.

9 hours ago, Neightrix said:

This is important.

• Separately from the kuva farm, since Kuva Fortress is the hardest tileset, how about exchanging the lackluster survival rewards for those used in interception? That way, even if the kuva amount isn't increased, it's still a worthwhile node to play on in general.
  • It's great there's an alternative kuva farm, but with riven cycling remaining pure RNG, it's very unappealing to those who value their time. Many players would prefer a progression based system where it's actually possible to target the stats you want, even if it's a long progression. Please at least comment on this, regardless of whether DE is open to it.

That's a really great point. I know it seems like we're a bunch of sour veterans, but having this added only to realize that the core mechanic behind the idea is nonexistent is extremely disheartening. Rewards should scale with the difficulty of content. Otherwise there's simply no incentive to play. 

Still no fixes for these bugs relating to dojo decorations. I want to be able to move in  and out of my labs without buggy wall hitboxes screwing it over. If this looks familiar, I posted the same thing in the last hotfix and it still hasn't been fixed. None of them have. Anyone else want to make DE aware of these bugs / glitches?

1 hour ago, seprent said:

what about the portion of people who said the place holder was 200 kuva when we were shown it on the devstream unless i missed one today the amount of the place holder was 20. though not sure what i was expecting my opinion of the thread was reached before i started reading people complaining about things they want to happen and de is evil and mean if they dont give it, it's like a god damn kid in a candy store throwing a fit because he feels he deserves 2 candy bars because he was bored when he was told to wait for one after waiting 10 minutes and i was right should have just stopped when i read Voltage make his daily opinion but i gave the benefit of the doubt since DE actually gave them something to do but nooooo its not the way the "vets" want it the moment its given to them everyone riot reeeeee. insulting impersonations aside im just going take what im given de will improve it and change things around with time, im going to continue having fun in the game happy i dont have to deal with pricks during kuva siphons and can mindlessly gather kuva from doing survivals with my gf. NB4 someone calls me a DE white knight fanboy who thinks DE can do no wrong when in reality im just tired of whinny people constantly shouting their opinion the loudest in hopes DE will listen and do what they want and then complain again regardless of what DE does and me mentally hoping common sense will smack them upside the head and say stop it get some help then i dont know go buy some chicken Mc nuggets... i shouldn't rant when im hungry but goddamn i feel better now still hungry but better

I count that as a misc comment tbh but I suppose you could split it .5% misc .5% placeholder Kuva.

Also you should space up your sentences or split this into two paragraphs to make it easier to read.  Not complaining, just would be easier on the eyes.

Overall: As a Vet player myself I kind of agree but I do see where some of them come from, tbh. However what I feel is unwarranted is the sense of immediate entitlement some within the community have. Frankly its utterly disgusting.

You guys need to think very well if you want to hear to the community here, because now is scaling kuva next what willl it be?.... I don't want a game balanced by the community i want to play the way you guys want me to :satisfied: and Ty for the update!

10 hours ago, phoenix1992 said:

Nice new equipment.

Edit: 

Well, well well - we are entering April soon, there are 0 new weapons or frames (Excluding Prime), a lot more plat /money sinking and for some reason dodging the issue with Melee rework.

Tell you what - I don't mind cosmetics, but I do mind when there is a bit, fat thic content drought, lack of any information about the quest you kindly dropped just before New year, tossing more stuff in PoE, removing old content and low key pushing more Sims in SPACE as the narrative for WF. I have not skipped in buying skins (both deluxe and Tennogen), but this was in order to supplement the main attraction of the game, not the main attraction itself.

I feel like when people say this stuff they are talking with blinders on.

They had intended to drop a new quest/frame/weapons at the beginning of the year, but Khora was heavily weighted on their changes to the physical damage system. The community's wholesale rejection of their proposed changes (which, for the record, I completely agree that the proposed changes were a half hearted stopgap to address the ridiculous scaling in the game without actually addressing the problems or faulty solutions, and instead would have just made more problems) forced them to go back and do a full rework of her from the ground up. This means that her quest (which will probably be tied to or simply be 'Apostasy') is pushed back, any weapons that are intended to come with her are pushed back, any future quests are further pushed back, etc.

The thing they aren't saying in this 'We're focusing on looking back and improving old content and just adding cosmetics at the moment' period is the part that's 'because the community derailed the hype-train that has all the real content and we're trying to right the ship in the background while throwing anything we have that doesn't need us to balance/heavily test it or is a larger project we had about ready that we can get out there while you nip at our heels'.

We gave them a strong 'NO' on something they had started to develop and balance around and now we need to wait for them to re-develop and re-balance that content without it.

Edit: On a side note, to those that are complaining about the endless Kuva farm not being worth it. It was never meant to replace anything, it wasn't intended to be better than normal kuva missions, it was meant to be an option alongside them, and frankly I feel like it's easier than the siphon missions (especially the floods) and thus should have a reward that is lower than them. I don't get why people think things ostensibly defined as 'an alternative option' should be 'a better option'. No, that would just mean that no one would want to do siphons anymore, and then, why would they be in the game? If you don't think it's worth it to you, don't run the mission. For me, I'll run the flood, but then I'm gonna go to endless cause I just enjoy it more than the normal siphons, it's an option I prefer.

4 hours ago, IceColdHawk said:

How dare DE add some counterplay to the most ridiculously cheap unit...

What counterplay?  There is no play in the first place since you will be doing the things that get you out of teleportation all the time anyway.  

4 hours ago, IceColdHawk said:

Also there is no challenge with practically infinite revives.

This isn't a good thing, but WF has steadily been turning into a mobile-game-style resource management game over the years anyway.  

1 hour ago, Tarak said:

No, that would just mean that no one would want to do siphons anymore, and then, why would they be in the game? If you don't think it's worth it to you, don't run the mission.

It's been stated plenty that the risk/reward just isn't worth it to stay for longer than necessary. What could be done is to make the Kuva reward scaling, but only really profitable (better than floods) after a sufficiently long time, like 2-3 hours. That's when enemies start to scale hard and they just have to look at you to kill you. That and the nature of the Kuva extractors making the mission essentially impossible to afk or just sit in a corner would be a nice and welcome challenge. Rivens are optional content. If they lose some worth because you can roll them more, who cares? DE has shown that they don't care by making Arcanes extremely easy to obtain with Eidolons, in addition to removing trials. It crashed the Arcane market on announcement alone.

11 hours ago, --Q--Voltage said:

Endless Kuva doesn't scale and has no incentive for players to push harder? There is no reason to touch this gamemode as a Flood is more efficient. It is like playing a Defense Fissure for 1 hour, or 1 hour worth of Exterminate Fissures. It took over a year for Kuva to actually make it to the Fortress and it doesn't offer any reason to push yourself.

Back to Rainbow Six: Siege it is.

Yeah, it would be awesome to have Kuva drops scale (and I would approve of it to an extent), but I guarantee it would push a really unhealthy meta. You were around back in Void 1.0, you have to remember those cheesy-ass tactics you saw players pull and excuse for standard gameplay, encouraged by the fact that it was more efficient to do so. Now, not everyone has to do this and the defense of a Kuva Extractor would mitigate some of the old-Void cheese, but for the reason of not rewarding that cheese, DE is right to approach scaling with caution.

What I want to know is, apart from "muh grind", how do you feel about the gamemode itself? Resource numbers aside, what do you think of the mission and how it plays? Unless you haven't played it because it's not as efficient as Floods. But hey, if you don't want to leave more constructive feedback, go enjoy RSS.

Dear DE,

People are demanding endless Kuva that scales. I would say if that hasn't become clear by now, it never will. You said that your intent was to have Kuva survival to be in between siphon and flood, which is ok i guess. But people already have demonstrated that it is worse (in Kuva/min) that siphon missions and only makes sense once you run out of siphon and flood missions to go. So here are a few suggestions on how it should scale (as stated, it really should scale in order to make sense):

-Kuva rewards should start in Kuva survival where YOU intended them to start: between siphon and flood, not below siphon (or at least at siphon level)

-as Kuva floods are level 80-100 missions, scale the Kuva rewards in Kuva survival that by the time enemies hit level 80-100 in it, the Kuva/min equals Kuva flood missions (this means that Kuva flood missions are still the fastest way to go, as you have to be in survival for quite some time till enemies reach lvl 80+)

-think about Kuva rewards continue to scale past enemy level 80-100 (meaning past Kuva flood)

Please keep in mind, that those people who really do farm high amounts of Kuva for Riven rerolls are already investing a great amount of time to do so. Not wanting Kuva to scale comes from the intend to not make endless missions too much of a have to for casual players. But as i stated, people who farm Kuva already invest a huge amount of time in doing so, so not having scaling Kuva doesn't really make sense, as players who don't want to run missions for 40+ mins are not really interested in farming great amounts of Kuva anyways.

The changes i recommend would mean that players who want to farm lots of Kuva can go towards Kuva endless survival (and by staying in long enough would achieve a higher Kuva/min rate than going flood, as they should), while players who don't have that time can go siphon and flood for short bursts of Kuva, that are not significantly worse than going survival mode. I think this approach would satisfy both sorts of players.

Kind regards,

Widur

Archived