Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shrine of the Eidolon: Update 22.17.0 + 22.17.0.1

[DE]Megan

1 minute ago, batoload said:

Excellent skin of inaros, but the distribution of colors is horrible

Yeah, the colors are also really washed out, so everything looks a dusty gray unless it's a VERY light and bright color.  Also makes it look terrible when combined with his other helmets.

Some fixes, some QoL, mostly cosmetics. Not really anything in the way of gameplay value added in this update. 200 Kuva is also still too low to make it worth choosing VS a regular Kuva mission. Also, no fixes yet for the growing amount of Eidolon game-breaking bugs.

Problems with the update:

-The Ramses Skin needs to have its colours worked(like the frost deluxe skin) the colours are very bland.
-Kuva fortress needs to give more than 200 kuva, its nothing for riven mod users you can do a kuva flood in a couple minutes and make 1200 kuva, you make the same amount from 30 minutes of this, its silly, input time does not reflect output reward.

Kuva from Survival missions doesnt seem work properly, Said 2400 Kuva in mission reward screen but my mod menu says i still only have 103.

Pretty happy with the rate of kuva drops provided it actually drops though, scaling endless rewards is probably something that should be looked at in a grander scale at a later date. I'm satisfied with the numbers the way that they are now tbh.

38 minutes ago, --Q--Voltage said:

Endless Kuva doesn't scale and has no incentive for players to push harder? There is no reason to touch this gamemode as a Flood is more efficient. It is like playing a Defense Fissure for 1 hour, or 1 hour worth of Exterminate Fissures. It took over a year for Kuva to actually make it to the Fortress and it doesn't offer any reason to push yourself.

Back to Rainbow Six: Siege it is.

I am saddened by the lack of listening to the player feedback offered in the workshop thread as well on incentives for Endless Kuva, its a shame as you said, 200 is not worth the time considering the time one needs to run survivals compared to the already low amounts in siphon and flood missions.

Glad to see some more decorations and cosmetics but a shame that the modified mode will not be worth running for the time involved. Something rewarding is unfortunately something Warframe needs right now.

Welp 10 + min to get 2400 kuva, i will say not so worth, why not make guardians drop some like oxium with ospreys or increase the reward little by little  i mean high risk as time pases but not any reward in staying? anything can be done to improve the mode as long as it includes more kuva.

46 minutes ago, Sumsyo said:

I can't believe I still have to post this to get your attention... Any kind of feedback would be appreciated, even if it's just a simple "we're aware of it".

Btw the Kuva survival gives ~8k/hr with a boost, that should be increased or at least scale.

It is important to be respectful when commenting. (aka maybe you could have given a kind reminder instead of assuming they haven't seen it or are ignoring you as implied by your first statement)

Also, scaling rewards in endless missions creates highly toxic metas that we don't want, which is why we have the relic system now. I do also question how you came up with those numbers considering the update dropped less than an hour ago, so you couldn't have playtested several times and averaged it out.

11 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Missed Patch Note:

• Survival Life Support Towers no longer have interval spawn scaling (90 seconds + 1 second per pillar), instead they will just spawn every 90 seconds.

Sadly this means that in a perfect run without wasting time we get 666.66 Kuva in 5 minutes, that's about what a regular Siphon gives and Siphons can last less than 5 minutes, so it's hardly sitting between siphon and flood. 300 Kuva per life support would be closer to flood but still below it, and again that's assuming it's a perfect run without time wasted between life supports which in reality there will be time wasted and so the Kuva obtained will drop, which right now it will drop between the value of a kuva Siphon (Survival Siphon gives 600+ kuva while forcing you to play 5 minutes), and the only way to make up for it is if the player takes too long to start the next Kuva mission or in the rare occasion the reset takes longer than usual (which honestly it would be nice if the longest time to reset Kuva was lowered and Kuva Flood should spawn with every reset which right now it tends to not happen all the time).

18 minutes ago, BladeRambler said:

Thank you, at least some players realize this game mode is supposed to supplement kuva missions, not replace them. Yes, a flood gives better kuva/minute, but you can only do one flood every half-hour. So, do your flood, hop into a 20-25 minute kuva survival, then pop out and do another flood. Repeat.

It's roughly on par with Siphons. A Kuva Siphon takes about 5 minutes, which is the same as Kuva survival for the same amount of Kuva. That's obviously excluding long Kuva Siphon missions. It also was a big chance for DE to redesign endless mission rewards. But no, instead they just blatantly ignore all of the feedback that's been given. And good luck finding a squad on this mission after the hype died out. Atleast one that stays for longer.

14 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Grineer Commander Switch Teleport Changes:
We’ve all been in that sudden situation when you’re Switch Teleported into an angry mob of Butchers happily thrashing at your face. Questions of ‘how did I get here?’, ‘who done did that to me?’ and ‘why me, Lotus, why?!’ are typically asked to oneself. The lack of warning or indication that a Commander Switch Teleport is about to occur can leave one confused and distraught, which is why we’ve made some changes to improve not only indication, but also ability to avoid!

• Increased the Commander Switch Teleport cast time to 2 seconds instead of being almost instant, and added a casting sound indication.
  • Both Grineer Commander and his target will glow orange during his Switch Teleport cast.
  • Bullet Jumping or dodge rolling can now break you out of the Switch Teleport. Previously the only way to avoid being Switch Teleported is to kill the Commander while he is casting. 
  • Switch Teleport now delivers a Knockdown Status debuff after being teleported (unless Modded to avoid or minimize Knockdowns).

When are we going to get a Warframe hardcore mode where you bring back all the stuff you take out?

And all that contextual stuff like hiding under a walkway? That would be super cool for stealth missions.

15 minutes ago, --Q--Voltage said:

Players have been asking for meaningful endless missions since July 8th, 2016. DE has their vision, and it is their right to develop that vision, but disregarding all of the feedback on multiple platforms (Reddit, Forums, Steam Forums, etc) for almost 2 years regarding endless missions and giving us a worse version of a flood that gets harder but not more rewarding is a joke. A JOKE.

Yes, there are a lot of armchair game developers who feel their vision should be the only one for their favorite games, that doesn't mean it's the correct path. They have addressed this constructive feedback in devstreams, and Scott has stated something to the effect that they don't want to balance rewards around endlessly playing the game in one or two game modes. That would push the meta into those endless missions since anything that isn't endlessly rewarding will be discarded by the player base, and I agree with his point.

Besides, in an international game that can be played across multiple jurisdictions, there are local laws to be aware of. Notice how EU versions of the game remind the player to take a break every hour? Should a game developer balance their game around game modes that encourage breaking these laws? I don't think their legal teams would like that...

Kuva endless is Dead on arrival.

I understand that you don't want them to overshadow Kuva siphons, but its Endless, it should give higher rewards the longer you stay in the mission.

a lot of endless modes are dead and this is one of the issues they have, there is no incentive to play them. 

Enemies scale in Endless, LS starts getting harder to come by, there is no reason why a mode that gets progressively harder overtime shouldn't reward players to match the difficulty that they go against.

Archived