Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shrine of the Eidolon: Update 22.17.0 + 22.17.0.1

[DE]Megan

Again, please implement a slight scaling factor to the Kuva gained from harvesters, only to compensate for things like increased life support spawn time and risk of the harvester being destroyed the longer you play. Otherwise I claim you can't rightfully call this endless Kuva if efficiency decreases the longer you stay.

I just did a test for a short run, no time for a longer one because it's kinda late here. Here's a summary of a "10 minute run"

1. It took about 11 minutes until I left, mostly because I'm not too familiar with the layout.
  2. In theory I'd have received 1400 Kuva for that, but it turned out to only be 1200, more about that at the end of the comment.
  3. Survival was no problem at all thanks to the activated harvesters causing a lot of enemies to spawn (or is that the tileset in general?)
  4. Sometimes it would take another 10-20 seconds for the enemy with the item to spawn after the life support was already there (ready to be activated).

Verdict: as a short mission to gain Kuva it works, but it's just barely within your margin of being between siphons and floods, and the more time passes, the less effective it becomes.

Please, when we ask for scaling we most of us don't do this because we want it to be 3 times as effective as farming Kuva floods. We just want it to be as effective after 100 minutes as it is after 10 (and maybe a tiny bit more effective than it is right now.)

Bug: I couldn't turn one of the life support units into a harvester because the item fell onto a rail and kept endlessly respawning. Here

EDIT: with the added information from Megan (thank you) that the time between harvester spawns no longer increases in kuva survival, disregard what I said about scaling. This is fine now. Thank you. I still wouldn't mind a tiny increase due to rising difficulty, but now it feels like it at least fulfills it purpose.

Okay, so, I tried to do a run; here's what I experienced.

Every Extractor completed, increased enemy spawn-level by +2.
Life Support drops from enemies seem drastically reduced as opposed to pre-update.
Extractor health and reward doesn't scale, in the end ending up with 130 Kuva a minute over 20 minutes of gameplay where you spent the last 5 minutes against Kuva units of level 50. A normal Kuva Siphon grants about 600 per 4 minutes, so about 150 Kuva a minute. So in the end, I found the 'Endless' (Still no incentive to actually persist past 20 minutes aside from bragging or a challenge) to be less efficient and more boring than normal Kuva Siphons. I get it, it's always readily available, but you won't always have a (somewhat) competent team available to join you to ease the pain. Give it another look, buff the values a bit, and if the Life Support drops got ninja'd, perhaps it was a missed patchnote.

I look forward to future changes to it. Best regards.

2 minutes ago, Cryoguard said:

It is important to be respectful when commenting. (aka maybe you could have given a kind reminder instead of assuming they haven't seen it or are ignoring you as implied by your first statement)

Also, scaling rewards in endless missions creates highly toxic metas that we don't want, which is why we have the relic system now. I do also question how you came up with those numbers considering the update dropped less than an hour ago, so you couldn't have playtested several times and averaged it out.

1) We are all tired of the Eidolon bugs, they SERIOUSLY need to be fixed, lost count of connection issues, rewards lost of the hunt, etc, etc.

2) Oh lord, we don't want toxic metas. DE creates annoying Riven roll system inviting people to create metas to counter the annoyance of farming Kuva just to roll a single Riven just so you can get the stats you need.

As a person of over 20 riven mods, I really need a better farming method for Kuva and so does many others who also despise the RNG of the rolls.

Kuva Endless isn't that so good.

Timer is so fast, that's bad to survive more than 20 min. I was stay with my squad mates 18 min and timer is expires so so fast and we are forced to extract from the mission, I was earn 3600 Kuva which isn't saved in my Inventory,

• Endless Kuva Survival  (Bad choice)
  • Endless Kuva Excavation! (Better choice - No timer) but each 5 min can spawn higher lvl enemies and maked the game harder to keep Kuva harvest/excavator alive.

Good start, but need changes!

1 minute ago, LuminousShot said:

Again, please implement a slight scaling factor to the Kuva gained from harvesters, only to compensate for things like increased life support spawn time and risk of the harvester being destroyed the longer you play. Otherwise I claim you can't rightfully call this endless Kuva if efficiency decreases the longer you stay.

I just did a test for a short run, no time for a longer one because it's kinda late here. Here's a summary of a "10 minute run"

1. It took about 11 minutes until I left, mostly because I'm not too familiar with the layout.
  2. In theory I'd have received 1400 Kuva for that, but it turned out to only be 1200, more about that at the end of the comment.
  3. Survival was no problem at all thanks to the activated harvesters causing a lot of enemies to spawn (or is that the tileset in general?)
  4. Sometimes it would take another 10-20 seconds for the enemy with the item to spawn after the life support was already there (ready to be activated).

Verdict: as a short mission to gain Kuva it works, but it's just barely within your margin of being between siphons and floods, and the more time passes, the less effective it becomes.

Please, when we ask for scaling we most of us don't do this because we want it to be 3 times as effective as farming Kuva floods. We just want it to be as effective after 100 minutes as it is after 10 (and maybe a tiny bit more effective than it is right now.)

Bug: I couldn't turn one of the life support units into a harvester because the item fell onto a rail and kept endlessly respawning. Here

there is a mention somewhere here that they removed increasing life support spawn times that got overlooked in the original patch notes

I did not read the thread, because...lazy. 

I'm guessing this has been mentioned, but the Commander changes could all have been replaced with "removed Total Confusion! animation after Commander Switch Teleport."

1. No need to make us glow.
  2. No need to lengthen casting time.
  3. No need to warn us.
  4. No need to knock us down.

Just remove that damn animation and let us react to the event with our own reaction times. 

Edit: everybody spending all this time on the topic of endless kuva and missing the important Commander thing. :smile:

The whining.. I love the new aspect and variant of kuva-farming instead of the ordinary siphon-thingys.. Even tho it doesnt work atm but i can definetly see me being brought back grinding for kuva this way instead of the old way..

4 minutes ago, MuggsBG said:

Again... what's the point of calling it "endless kuva" when there's no point going longer because there is no SCALING?! 

My guess: they didn't want to do it (Kuva in the Kuva Fortress was not, I seem to recall, part of the artistic vision), but they were buried under the endless calls for it.

So they implemented something. It's technically endless: criteria met, job done.

8 minutes ago, NecromancerX69 said:

1) We are all tired of the Eidolon bugs, they SERIOUSLY need to be fixed, lost count of connection issues, rewards lost of the hunt, etc, etc.

2) Oh lord, we don't want toxic metas. DE creates annoying Riven roll system inviting people to create metas to counter the annoyance of farming Kuva just to roll a single Riven just so you can get the stats you need.

As a person of over 20 riven mods, I really need a better farming method for Kuva and so does many others who also despise the RNG of the rolls.

I would suggest, again, being respectful when speaking to the devs however. They are people managing a massive community and an entire game that exists outside of eidolons and kuva. As far as "being tired of eidolon bugs", I would not recommend speaking for an entire community :)

This is amazing and all, but you still haven't reverted the black fade-in for logins or the star chart. It was an utterly pointless change that kills all login fashionframe. Can't get pictures off the login screen anymore of fashionframe because of that black fade-in. There was never a need for it, and it's just there to spite people like who did things like that, I'd wager. 

Archived