Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steam Achievements not unlocked retroactively

Don-El-Sharabi

Hi, today by accident (to my completionist's despair), I discovered while you can run the Warframe Launcher as a standalone (without the need to have Steam platform running) that when you acquire a new achievement that is not related to playtime (in this example "Alchemist" for transmuting mods 10 times), it doesn't unlock itself retroactively in the Steam achievements for Warframe when playing the game after launching it though Steam platform (even though I transmuted few times after that).

Unless I may not have triggered the event to recheck the requirement for the said achievement (if so please share how), please look into this matter.

Also, would the remainder of the achievements have similar issues? i.e. quest, plains, and planet clear achievements.

Thank you

Edited by Don-El-Sharabi
  • Like 8

I’ve had a similar issue that’s mainly more of an inconvenience than anything, in that whenever new achievements are added to PSN, they do not retroactively unlock if you’ve already completed them. As an example, the achievements for catching x amount of fish, or completing 10 bounties were not unlocked, even though I had far exceeded their requirements, and I instead had to fulfill their requirements from scratch after they were added (e.g. 10 bounties completed after the release of the achievement)

I am a fresh MR17 in steam mode. It only gave me the one for MR17, but not all of them before. 

It seems, the code for Steam archivements is in the same area as GUI. As soon you get the ingame archivement on screen, you get them in steam as well. That's why it doesn't retroactively get your Steam archivements, as the ingame archivements never trigger again once they are  done. 

A way would be to have the SteamArchivement function everytime you f.e rank up, so it checks all archivements again to trigger the Steam ones. Better have that on login, so it won't rerun everytime during play. 

Event:OnLogin:CheckSteamArchivement (

If Game.isSteam=true (

GetListOfArchivement t

For each x in t (

If x.isComplete=true (

If !SteamArchivement.isUnlocked(x) (

SteamArchivement.Unlock(x)

) )))) 

Else do nothing. Sorry for pseudo-code. 

• Like 10

On 4/2/2018 at 2:22 PM, NoSpax said:

Event:OnLogin:CheckSteamArchivement (

If Game.isSteam=true (

GetListOfArchivement t

For each x in t (

If x.isComplete=true (

If !SteamArchivement.isUnlocked(x) (

SteamArchivement.Unlock(x)

) )))) 

Else do nothing. Sorry for pseudo-code. 

I had something similar in mind. 

I do hope this reaches the attention of the devs, even though it is just a quality of life related bug. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah something's wrong, I don't even have "initiate" achievement unlocked on steam even though I'm rank 15, I have 69 achievements out of 174 unlocked and 90% of those locked achievements have been already done, it's pretty annoying. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've got several achivements that are not unlocked, and I've leveled many, many, many times over since completing said achivements. For example: I've beaten every boss on the planet, yet I do not have "savior of ______" for several planets. Complete 10 void fissure missions (which is REALLY inaccurate). Control Freak (40% or less enemey caputre on interception)... just to name a few.

Any suggestions on this since I've levels several times since doing all of these?

10 hours ago, l3rokken4ngel said:

I've got several achivements that are not unlocked, and I've leveled many, many, many times over since completing said achivements. For example: I've beaten every boss on the planet, yet I do not have "savior of ______" for several planets. Complete 10 void fissure missions (which is REALLY inaccurate). Control Freak (40% or less enemey caputre on interception)... just to name a few.

Any suggestions on this since I've levels several times since doing all of these?

I also don't have those whilst I already accomplished all, along with the forma ones. I have so many 4 forma'd and 5 forma'd weapons that it's pretty funny that I DON'T have the achievement unlocked.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2018-08-15 at 4:52 PM, PsyKo99 said:

Maybe because that particular problem doesn't come from warframe but from steam.

Other games on Steam allow unlocking achievement retrospectively (I can name a few but not sure if it is allowed in the forums), so I don't think it is a Steam related issue. More like the "Checking Event" in Warframe for Steam achievements happens only once when the condition of that achievement is met and never checked again. If checking periodically is a little too much to ask, a user triggered checking (via a button that we can click anytime) would also suffice! 

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

I just went to look at my achievement list for Warframe the other day and I was shocked with all the ones that weren't unlocked. I have done most of them and a few days ago, some of the Eidolon achievements appeared for me when I completed them (the fishing and mining ones), but none of the other ones appeared when I got them. It would really be nice to be rewarded by having these unlocked. Sure it might seem trivial to you DE, but a lot of us like to complete as many as we can and like to be credited.

• 3 weeks later...

Just checked this and was a bit disappointed as well.

Currently I am holding a Gold Disciple MR, but the achievement for Silver Disciple is still unlocked. Also the one above it (The Right Tool for the Job - Obtain 5 warframes - I already have 12...)

Please give some attention to this, devs.

• 1 month later...

I got those issues as well,

I didn't get all of the 'savior of ___' achievements even I re run the missions.
also send ticket to warframe support and they said they don't have any control over Steam at all.. they suggested to reinstall steam. I did that and still no changes

Maybe we should send tickets to steam support? instead of warframe support?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Yeah, bit of an old issue. I've heard a lot of people have this problem and it's hard to figure out a solution but I would love to find one, however something has to change in the game code so that it will be able to retroactively check, as it is it seems it only sends an update the moment you get the ingame achievement, if you don't get it then you seem to be out of luck. Personally I am MR24 but I am lacking the two achievements for reaching rank 2 with a warframe and a weapon ^-^;; I am pretty sure it's literally impossible to get to this mastery without having reached rank 2 at least a few times. Only counts for steam achievements, so it's a bit eh, but it does suck that one will eventually unlock all achievements and still miss the two achievements that should be the first unlocked.

Edited by Ulvra

• 3 weeks later...

same issue. missed a couple achievements. but none of them were hard to get. So I made an other warframe account using the same Steam account and obtained the missing achievements this way. Hope they can fix this, since a lot of people are missing achievements that are hard to get. I was just lucky that I only missed the easy ones.

• 2 weeks later...

Same here missing things like "Tailor Made" - customize the color of a Warframe...well I've definitely done that 10000times in my 400+hrs played. "We shape our tools" - apply a Mod to a weapon or Warframe...yeh....

Can we get an official response by DE regarding when they might look at retroactive unlocking of these achievements? I am also an achievement hunter/completionist (as I imagine MANY people that play Warframe are, since it really caters to us with its 'collection' based endgame).

Cheers

MouseBat

• 4 weeks later...