Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Server Troubles Part 2

[DE]Helen

33 minutes ago, ZirkonX said:

you sound like donald trump lmao 

He's kinda right tho. I hate the host migration thing. You can't play at all if you have weak internet, you're just being offline in an online game with 1500 ping. On spy you literally destroy ppls gameplay if you try to crack a vault, because everything moves in a different direction. If net disconnects for a second, it just kicks you out. Or causes bugs for other players (black screens, mission not progressing). I once had literally 1 sec dc's due to bad net time, but couldn't play in public at all, even thought they lasted for a second every 20 minutes. I was very distressed to go on any longer mission.

There are too many problems with servers and in-game bugs and errors, just too many. It would be nice if you could choose to be a host or not. With weak net it fails to find me a squad, but then starts the timer, automatically making me a host. That alone would make other's gameplay ridiculous, they'd have a zillion ping and twice more host migrations xD

(I don't always have bad net time, so don't think I should play in solo, it's hard to do some missions only solo, and when not a host and with bad net I'm fine in-game just the doors open for a second, except for moments when connection is seriously worsening, then I go solo)

Edited by Ikedo

5 minutes ago, LuckkyBullet said:

But private servers don need peer to peer in order to function properly. look at overwatch for example.

The. Sessions. Are. Peer. To. Peer.

Peer to peer = your computer is talking to mine, not the server.

The game is not set up for client-server. You can private server all you want to, it doesnt matter if the players computers are for the large part NOT communicating with the server...which is why we have host mitigation.

The only thing their server handles basically is player info, which include your inventories and login info/location things like that. Thats why we cant login atm and why peole are losing loot/ unable to create sessions. 

Edited by SpentCasings
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ikedo said:

I even made a thread because I thought that it was Octavia's Anthem quest I was doing that caused my gameplay problem. Finished it and then bam. You got it right xD

I just obtained Octavia's Neuroptics blueprint. . . well practice obtained it I guess because I couldn't keep it. Meh.

1 minute ago, SpentCasings said:

The. Sessions. Are. Peer. To. Peer.

The game is not set up for client-server. You can private server all you want to, it doesnt matter if the players computers are for the large part NOT communicating with the server...which is why we have host mitigation.

The only thing their server handles basically is player info, which include your inventories and login info/location things like that. Thats why we cant login atm and why peole are losing loot/ unable to create sessions. 

I dont think you understand what your saying. 

https://www.serverpronto.com/spu/2015/11/why-dedicated-servers-are-better-than-p2p/ 

try reading this.

Any way to have to have someone review the last missions we did, and complete the rewards and finds we picked up? I never got the credits I picked up or earned over the hour of playing, and I'm broke.

Edited by XanSteel

Well i was playing Warframe and got out to check something so i got back in and tried to login but it said check your info but i checked everything so i changed my password  but it still did not work so i changed my password 2 more times and it still did not work i restarted my computer i did everything can an admin or Dev or any other important person help me please!